East Main Guest House Bed & Breakfast Inn
Table Of Contents
East Main Guest House Bed & Breakfast Inn is ocated in the Historic District, just a few blocks from the heart of Rock Hill, South Carolina, Home of Christmasville. Hospitality, comfort and beauty await you.
Interior Designer, Melba Peterson and her late husband Jerry, along with their son, Scott, combined their talents and transformed this 1916 home into a tasteful blend of art, antiques and color. Their efforts won Historic Rock Hill's Renovation Award and continues to win compliments from their guests.
Melba says "After 21 years as a mainstay in Old Town Rock Hill, we have watched downtown grow and progress, our guests have come back again and again and enjoy the changes. One thing they also love is that EMGH has not changed, only improved. We would love to share it with you".
A quiet stroll will take you to fine restaurants, pubs, concerts, festivals, theatre, museums, shops, galleries and gardens.
Come, stay and savor our home town elegance.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Melba Peterson for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
People stay with us because we are rated the Best B&B in Rock Hill by TripAdvisor. Our guests are looking for a quiet and relaxing place. Many of our guests from other countries and others who are just traveling through town and need a place to stay.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
We are best known for our great location. We are close to downtown and Winthrop University.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Many people come to Winthrop University to visit relatives or attend a sports event at the college. We also have a very well known Christmas festival in Rock Hill called Christmasville.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
We get the same compliment over and over about the beauty and peacefulness of our B&B. We also get many compliments on our full, hot gourmet breakfast.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
The East Main Guest House is the best kept secret in Rock Hill.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
We are only 25 minutes from Charlotte, NC. The Carowinds amusement park is 15 minutes away. We have many concerts in the park during the summer, art galleries, and there is a new Farmer's Market downtown that will open in the spring.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
You can walk to downtown where there are many restaurants, shopping, theatres, art galleries, concerts in the park, and many other things to do. We are also within walking distance to Winthrop University.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
We have many favorites in the area: Erin's, McHale's Irish Pub, Michael's Rock Hill Grille and the Old Town Bistro.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
We have 3 rooms.
Do you accept pets?
We do not accept pets.
The spacious dining room features a table that comfortably seats 10 and is brimming with flowers, candles and good food. Our guests enjoy the bright and cheerful ambiance of this beautiful room and the full, hot gourmet breakfast served from 7:30 - 9:30 each day along with coffee, tea, homebaked muffins, croissants, juices and fresh fruit.
Breakfast can be served on the terrace or beneath the pergola beside the gurgling fountain. Weather permitting and with prior notice, of course.
A portion of our beautiful back garden.
The Honeymoon Suite, East Room and Garden Room await your visit.
Local & Area Attractions
East Main Guest House is located in Rock Hill, Home of Christmasville www.christmasvillerockhill.com
Local Attractions within an easy walk:
- Historic White Home
- Downtown Rock Hill Restaurants, Theatres, Art Galleries
- Shops and Museums
- Several area Churches
- Beautiful Glen Cairn Garden
- Winthrop University ( 5 minutes by car)
- Winthrop Colliseum (8 minutes by car)
Rock hill is located in the greater Charlotte, NC area
Attractions in the Charlotte area:
- 25 minutes to downtown Charlotte, NC
- 30 minutes to Charlotte International Airport
- 25 minutes to Charlotte(NFL)Panther Stadium
- 25 minutes to Charlotte Coliseum (NBA Bobcats)
- 45 minutes to NASCAR Motor Speedway
- 10 minutes to Lake Wylie
- 15 minutes to Knights Castle (AAA Baseball)
- 15 minutes to Carrowinds Amusement Park
- 1 hour to Columbia, S.C.
- 3 hours to the ski slopes and/or Atlantic beaches
Directions to East Main Guest House:
From Points North & South
- From I-77 get off at Exit 79 (Dave Lyle Blvd)
- Follow signs to downtown Rock Hill, Home of Christmasville
- After passing a half dozen traffic lights, turn left unto main street
- * After driving through the center of town, travel for three more blocks
- 600 East Main is on the right
- White picket fences and porch railings are prominent features
- The driveway is on the left hand side of the house and leads to a large parking lot in the rear
- Ring the back doorbell and you will be welcomed
From Points West:
- From I-85 get off at Exit 102
- Right turn at the top of the ramp toward Hwy 5
- Stay on Hwy 5 into Rock Hill, Home of Christmasville when it merges with main street
- Stay on main and follow instruction above*
Do not follow MapQuest Map. It will confuse.