Rocky Retreat Bed & Breakfast
Rocky Retreat Bed and Breakfast is a classic example of an upcountry plantation house. It has a large central hallway that allows breezes to blow through on pleasant days. A spacious front porch, screened side porch and back deck overlook historic farm buildings, wooded vistas and native flora.
The two spacious upstairs bedrooms have private baths with clawfoot tubs (for long soaks or quick showers), working gas log fireplaces, and big windows on three sides. If you're lucky enough to stay here when there's an evening storm, you'll enjoy falling asleep to the sound of rain on the tin roof.
Downstairs is the two-bedroom suite with connecting bath. Each has a double bed and a rollaway single can be added, making this a perfect arrangement for families with older children or other small groups.
All rooms have the original heart pine floors and wall paneling, and have been furnished with an eclectic mix of antiques chosen to make you feel right at home. To maintain the quiet environment, guestrooms do not have telephones or televisions.
Breakfast is served in the Arts-and-Crafts style dining room.
The front hall, parlor, and front porch are always available for reading or quiet conversation.
Exercise and enjoy the quiet beauty of the Carolina woodlands on the 0.4 mile walking trail that circles the homestead.
- Advance reservations required.
- Double Occupancy Room Rates: $95-115 plus tax
- Suite (4 persons): $165-185 plus tax
- A hearty country breakfast is included.
- Credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express), or one nightâ€™s deposit required for reservations.
- 48-hour cancellation notice, please.
- Children over 10 are welcome; however pets cannot be accommodated.
- Handicapped-accessible. (one room of suite)
- Special rates available for extended stays.
- Check-out time is 11 a.m., check-in after 3 p.m. unless prior arrangements have been made.