Table Of Contents
The Shaw House Bed & Breakfast... is an early Colonial American home with six columns on the front porch.
Nestled on a grassy knoll, among the pine trees, the Inn overlooks miles of marsh lands and pre-Civil War rice fields.
The Shaw House is located 32 miles south of Myrtle Beach and 55 miles north of Charleston on Highway U.S. 17.
History of Georgetown
Europeans first settled in what is now Georgetown County in 1526 when a band of hearty Spaniards established an ill-fated settlement near Winyah Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. It was not until amost two centuries later that colonists from Northern Europe began arriving and established settlements that flourished. Thus Georgetown County today traces its roots from these early Englishmen, Scots, French Huguenots, Germans and other immigrants. Many of their creations in homes, places of culture and worship still exist, and can be seen today.
- Picturesque quiet neighborhood where oak trees line the streets
- Within walking distance of the historical District of Georgetown
- Close to many golf courses, tennis courts and two marinas
- Historic area offering a fine blend of antique and gift shops, restaurants, museums & art galleries
- Near Myrtle Beach, Pawley's Island and Charleston
- Minutes to ocean beaches, Huntington Beach State Park and Brookgreen Gardens
- Access to several rivers and the Intracoastal waterway
- Boat tours and historical walking tours
Features and Amenities
- Spacious guest rooms furnished with antiques
- Private baths
- King & Queen size Rice beds
- Beautiful view of the Willowbank marsh
- Birdwatcher's haven
- A hostess with intimate knowledge of the area, including historical sites, gift shops, restaurants, and much more
- A complimentary southern home cooked breakfast including fresh hot bread, and your own pot of coffee
- Nightly turn down & chocolates
- Bicycles - Piano - Games
- Wonderful library
- Phone & TV in each room
- Central Heat & Air Conditioning
- Gift certificates available
Just added: A tremendous, screened-in porch overlooking marsh.
Very comfortable furniture to relax all day long!
Your stay includes full breakfast, complimentary refreshments such as tea, coffee, juices, cake and fruits. Cover turn back at bedtime with chocolate on the pillow.
For your entertainment we have great places to dine, many shops, a board walk along the river where small boats anchor at night, lots of historical homes and churches, sandy beaches, and a cultural center "Brookgreen Gardens" where reknown works of sculpture are displayed.
The Shaw House is approved by Mobil and Fodors.
"This is the first time we have stayed with the Shaw's. The room was very nice and clean. The breakfast was great. To sum it up as the first time I've stayed at a B&B I could not have picked a better place. Marry & Joe nice and considerate of all our needs." -Bob Castle Hayne, NC
Please Read a Review about our B&B (by the
Charlotte Observer) posted on Sun, Nov. 20, 2005 .