Table Of Contents
Enjoy unparalleled service and signature amenities from this AAA Four-Diamond and Condé Nast "Gold List Award" luxury hotel. Panoramic views, vast atriums and beautifully appointed guest rooms - some with private balconies, working fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs - await your arrival. From the moment you enter this Charleston historic district hotel, you will find modern features and services, old world charm and unpretentious Southern hospitality. The waterfront and atrium lobbies are reminiscent of Charleston's early years as a colonial nautical trading hub. They offer the perfect setting for idle reflection, a glass of wine or just the refined sport of people watching.
Surrounded by over three hundred years of history, the HarbourView Inn’s neighbors include Charleston’s world-renowned restaurants and blocks of celebrated antique shops, boutiques and galleries. From the Inn, easily explore the charm, beauty and grace of Historic Charleston by foot or on horse-drawn carriage tour. Meander to Charleston's iconic and newly-renovated City Market or to the famed Rainbow Row and historic Battery through the famous South of Broad neighborhood, just steps from the harbor-front location of the Inn.
HarbourView Inn is honored by the following industry accolades:
- 2011 Best Hotels In The USA by US News & World Report
- 2011 Jezebel Magazine Travel Feature
- 2010 Trip Advisor Travelers Choice - #2 Luxury Hotel
- SC Green Hospitality Alliance Certification - 2010, 2009
- TripAdvisor Travelers Choice Award - 2009
- Expedia Insider's Select - 2010, 2009, 2008
- Conde Nast Gold List - 2007, 2006, 2004, 2003, 2002
Recent articles to feature The HarbourView Inn
- Recently featured by the Oregonian, November 2010
- HarbourView Inn Receives 2010 Expedia Insider’s Select Award
- Southern Living lists The HarbourView Inn in their Charleston Hotel Travel Guide
The HarbourView Inn overlooks Charleston’s beautiful Waterfront Park, recently named one of the Top 10 public spaces in the United States by the American Planning Association. Stroll along the pier, enjoy lush gardens and look out over Charleston Harbor to view the Ravenel Bridge, the USS Yorktown at Patriot’s Point and the business and leisure boats that have brought a vibrant life to the area’s waterways for centuries. Be sure to make your way up to the rooftop terrace and watch the sun rise over the glorious Charleston Harbor and Fort Sumter.
From the moment you ascend the atrium steps and into the harbor front lobby, you will understand why HarbourView Inn is a special place. Instantly welcoming and gratifying, our atrium's elegant and modern design is timeless, paired with the alluring fragrance of Green Tea Lemon Grass by Air Esscentials. From the original artwork, the lobby fireplace, the smiles from our associates, to the view of Waterfront Park's giant pineapple fountain - our Charleston hotel will welcome you. Once settled, you will be immersed in the history that is Charleston, South Carolina. Your experience will be limited only by your imagination in a city with so much history. As if strategically placed in the middle of everything that Charleston represents, the HarbourView Inn will serve as your modern time machine.
The hotel proudly features:
- Daily signature silver service Portside Breakfast delivered to your room, rooftop terrace or Atrium Lobby
- All day snacks and flavored iced teas served in the Harbour Front Lobby
- Atrium fragrance provided by Air Esscentials
- 24-hour business center in lobby
- Wireless internet service provided in all guest rooms and public areas
- Afternoon wine and cheese reception in the Atrium Lobby
- Freshly baked cookies and milk each evening in the Harbour Front Lobby
- 24 hour freshly brewed coffee available in the Atrium Lobby
- Evening turn down service with lightweight waffle weave robes and a sweet dream treat
- Complimentary Skyline Tour available on Wednesdays
- Afternoon hot tea service available upon request
- Irons/ironing boards, hairdryers, and iHome clock radios in each room
- Valet laundry service Monday through Saturday
- Valet parking $18 per evening
- Flat panel LCD screen televisions in each room
- Refrigerators and safes in each room
- Tempur-Pedic mattress sets in most guest rooms
- Original artwork throughout the entire property and guest rooms
- Hand crafted all wood furnishings designed by Art Welling, a second generation master craftsman
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Claudia Eva Mueller for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
We have found that most of our guests come just to relax and enjoy the area. many say they wanted to explore Charleston from a central location.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
We are best known for our outstanding customer service. We are the only hotel in historic Charleston that has select rooms with harbor views. I love that we offer both a wine and cheese reception and a milk and cookie reception before bedtime as a time for our guests to socialize with each other and our staff members.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Travelers should visit Charleston for their love of history and food!
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
We love when our guests tell us that our staff makes them feel like they are visiting family. They feel at home at the Harbour View Inn.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Many people are not aware of the beautiful cobblestone alleyways by the battery, which guide guests through the residential district to see beautiful houses.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
If a guest has never been to the Charleston area before, the first thing to do is a carriage ride. Then depending on the guest we like to recommend a harbor/Ft. Sumter tour, a day trip to one of the plantations, walking around town and exploring and an historic home tour. Of course you can't miss great dining for every taste!
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Almost everything is within walking distance of our inn! Guests can walk to the Battery, great restaurants and tours, as well as the open air City Market.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
We love to recommend the restaurant High Cotton. It provides a great mixture of foods and flavors with a classic "slow down and relax into Charleston" feel. They also provide live jazz in the evening.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
explorecharleston.com is wonderful reference guide.
How many rooms does your inn have?
We have 52 wonderful rooms.
Do you accept pets?
We do not accept pets.
HarbourView Inn's Portside Partners program is historic Charleston's most esteemed frequent business travel club. In the heart of Charleston's downtown business community, the HarbourView Inn at Waterfront Park is the location of choice for a truly productive, convenient and unforgettable business experience. Power up your perks and recharge your batteries. As a member of the Portside Partners Program, you will not only enjoy the services and amenities you expect from a AAA Four Diamond Inn, you will have access to a full range of productive, convenient and relaxing extras.
Our Portside Partners receive a discounted room rate, as well as the following:
- Portside Partnership rate Sunday through Thursday for a spacious traditional room
- Deluxe continental breakfast available in our Atrium Lobby or delivered to your room
- Afternoon wine and cheese reception
- Freshly baked cookies each evening
- Room upgrade, based upon availability
- Complimentary daily newspaper
- Incoming and local outgoing faxes and copies
- Wireless high-speed internet access
- Discounted privileges to onsite meeting space for groups of 5-30 people with state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment
If you would like to sign up for the Portside Partners program, please call Karen Warley at (843) 724-4321 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Information: Portside Partners rates are based on individual business travel and do not apply to weekends or group blocks of rooms. Portside Partners rates are for the use of employees or clients of the company. Rates are designed for double occupancy and additional adults are $25 per night. Reservations are non-commissionable to travel agents. The Portside Partners rate will only be available by reserving via phone with the HarbourView Inn reservation department. The Portside Partners rate is based upon availability. Parking is available for an additional fee. Membership will be evaluated every six months.
The HarbourView Inn, historic Charleston's favorite AAA 4-Diamond hotel, is pleased to introduce new state of the art executive meeting facilities. Catering to groups of five to twenty five, the HarbourView Inn is the perfect setting for your most memorable and productive business meetings.
Along with unparalleled personalized service and attention to detail, your group will enjoy sophisticated meeting facilities, complete with full computer networking capabilities and state of the art audio-visual equipment.
- Conference/Reception Room (Flagship) for up to 30 people - 546 square feet
- Audio Visual equipment and services
- Refreshment Break options and set-up
- Wireless and wired high-speed Internet access
- Individual room light and A/C controls
For a flawless function that your group will not want to leave, contact our Sales Manager, Karen Warley at (843) 724-4321 or via email at email@example.com or you can fill out our inquiry form on our website.
Wedding Accommodations At The HarbourView Inn
With its beauty, charm and romantic elegance, Charleston is the perfect location for an unforgettable wedding. Historic Downtown Charleston is home to intriguing boutiques, sophisticated museums and galleries, historic sites, world-renowned cuisine, and the famous City Market. Beautiful white sand beaches and historic plantations are just minutes from Downtown.
Show your guests true Southern hospitality by arranging their accommodations at HarbourView Inn. The Inn’s breathtaking location, overlooking the Charleston Harbour, is within walking distance to many Charleston couples’ favorite churches and wedding venues. The Inn’s luxury amenities and uncompromised service allows your guests to enjoy the best of Charleston as they celebrate your marriage.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (843) 724-4321 for more details and to make arrangements at the HarbourView Inn.
From I-26 - Take Meeting St./Visitor's Center exit and follow Meeting St. 0.6 miles to Calhoun St. Left on Calhoun, then right onto East Bay. Follow East Bay 0.7 mi., then turn left on Vendue Range. HarbourView Inn is on the left across from Waterfront Park.
From Hwy. 17 (Southbound) - Cross the Ravenel Bridge, take the East Bay St. exit. Left on East Bay, go 1.7 mi., then left on Vendue Range. HarbourView Inn is on the left across from Waterfront Park.
From Hwy. 17 (Northbound) - Cross the Ashley River, stay on Lockwood Drive South which turns into Broad St. Go 2 mi. then turn left onto East Bay. Go 0.1 mi., turn right on Vendue Range. HarbourView Inn is on the left across from Waterfront Park.