The French Manor
Table Of Contents
One of the Finest Pocono PA Bed and Breakfasts
The French Manor, an enchanting stone chateau, sits atop Huckleberry Mountain in South Sterling, PA. As a guest of the French Manor you will enjoy views of the beautiful crests and ridges of the northern Pocono Mountains. An elegant Poconos Bed and Breakfast country inn unlike any other, secluded and private, like a secret lookout separate from the populace. Spacious, uncompromising accommodations, together with fine service, make The French Manor perfect for your romantic Poconos getaway.
An Interesting History: While most of the world was struggling to survive in the midst of the Great Depression of the 1930's, mining magnate Joseph Hirshhorn found himself awash in money. He decided to build a manor house to spend summers and the Christmas Holidays with his friends and family. To this end, he brought some 165 German and Italian craftsmen and artisans to 500 acres on Huckleberry Mountain in the heart of the Poconos of Pennsylvania to construct his "summer retreat."
Using natural lumber and fieldstone from local quarries, the men spent the years 1935 to 1937 building Hirshhorn's stone chateau with care and distinction. The roof is made of imported Spanish slate, the windows are all leaded glass and much of the interior wood is pecky cypress and cedar. The manor has an elegant Romanesque arched entranceway and massive stone fireplaces in the Great Room, now used as the Dining Room.
Upon its completion, Hirshhorn filled the home with part of his vast art collection. Many of the artisans and craftsmen settled in the area and their descendants continue to live here. Hirshhorn (who eventually donated much of his collection to the Smithsonian) eventually sold his home to Samuel H. Kress.
Biographical references to Samuel Henry Kress (1863-1955) typically divide his life into three distinct phases: the hard-won struggles of his youth in rural Pennsylvania, the brilliance of his mercantile success with the S.H. Kress & Co. variety stores, and the extraordinary philanthropy associated with his incomparable collection of Italian art. Once common knowledge, the Kress story epitomized American opportunity and the virtues of stern discipline, vigorous hard work, and patriotic generosity. Upon his death, his wife gave the manor and its vast grounds to Bucknell University. Bucknell used the manor briefly for art restoration but eventually sold it to a developer who broke up the estate into smaller parcels. Dan and Carolyn Balish bought the manor house and the land around it and opened it up as a bed and breakfast in 1984.
After Dan's death, Carolyn sold the French Manor to Ron and Mary Kay Logan, owners and operators of the nearby Sterling Inn. Ron had thirty years of inn-keeping expertise and saw the French Manor as an opportunity to create a uniquely elegant inn. Since purchasing the property in 1990, the Logan's have transformed the French Manor into a full service romantic country inn. They have endeavored to keep the elegant flavor of the manor while making subtle and important changes. The kitchen was upgraded to accommodate dinner service and, the unoccupied Carriage House was remodeled into a guesthouse with two rooms and two suites. Most recently the Logan's constructed the La Maisonneuve building (meaning the New House in French), which now houses six romantic suites each with a fireplace, Jacuzzi and a private balcony with the view of the Northern Pocono Mountains.
Our new Green Spa, Le Spa Foret, offers 5 additional fireplace and Jacuzzi suites all with private balconies with inspiring views. An indoor pool and hot tub as well as a fitness room adds to guests' overall enjoyment at The French Manor. Spa treatments from pedicures to romantic couples' massages are also be available.
Enjoy modern elegance during your Weekend Getaway in PA
The French Manor's guestrooms are designed to emphasize both privacy and luxury while maintaining the intimate atmosphere of a Pocono country inn. There are three guestrooms and one suite in the main manor building of our Pennsylvania Bed and Breakfast; two fireplace and Jacuzzi suites and two guestrooms in the carriage house; and six fireplace and Jacuzzi suites with private wrought iron balconies in our La Maisonneuve building. Our newest additions are the 5 luxury Spa suites all with King Beds, Fireplace, Jacuzzi, and private balconies. All accommodations have cable television, DVD player, telephone with Voice Mail, FREE high-speed Wireless Internet Access, AC, comfortable sitting/reading area, clock radio, bathrobes, hairdryer and, of course, private bath. Additional amenities are listed in the descriptions below. All rooms and suites are non-smoking. Please note that our accommodations are not suitable for children under the age of 12 years.
La Maisonneuve Suites
A fireplace and Jacuzzi are just the beginning of the amenities in these casually elegant suites with private wrought-iron balconies and inspiring views. Our six La Maisonneuve Suites feature romantic four-poster or column style king and queen size beds. Located in a lovely building adjacent to the main Manor building.
King or Queen Bed, Air Conditioning, Jacuzzi Tub, Separate Shower, Gas Fireplace, Bath Robes, Ipod Docking Station, Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, Free Local Phone Calls, Modem Jack, Voice Mail, Hair Dryer, Iron/Ironing Board, Television/Cable, Sofa, Private Balcony with View, Complimentary Breakfast
King Beds, fireplace and Jacuzzi are just the beginning of the amenities in these luxurious and elegant suites with private balconies and inspiring views. Our five Spa Suites feature romantic four-poster or column style king beds. Located in our Le Spa Foret building adjacent to the main Manor building.
Green Features of these suites include carpets made from 100% recycled products, energy efficient flat panel TV's, no VOC paints used throughout and much more. To read about the Green features of these new suites, click here.
King Bed, Air Conditioning, Jacuzzi Tub, Separate Shower, Gas Fireplace, Bath Robes, Clock Radio, Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, Free Local Phone Calls, Modem Jack, Voice Mail, Hair Dryer, Iron/Ironing Board, Flat Panel Television/Cable, Sofa, Private Balcony with View, Complimentary Breakfast
Carriage House Suites
Our two Carriage House Suites are large and private - just a short walk down the path from the main Manor Building. Beautiful appointed with a fireplace and Jacuzzi, these suites are perfect for a quiet and relaxing escape. Our most requested suite - The Suite Genevieve is located on the ground floor. On the second floor, The Suite Brigitte is our largest suite with private Jacuzzi room.
King or Queen Bed, Air Conditioning, Jacuzzi Tub, Separate Shower, Gas Fireplace, Bath Robes, Ipod Docking Station, Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, Free Local Phone Calls, Modem Jack, Voice Mail, Hair Dryer, Iron/Ironing Board, Flat Panel Television, Cable TV, Sofa, Complimentary Breakfast
Manor House Rooms
Enjoy relaxed elegance in an authentic stone chateau
Luxurious period furnishings and mountain views compliment our guestrooms in the Manor. These lovely spacious rooms also boast the building's original pecky cypress paneling and tile work.Choose from one of our three Manor House Rooms: Venice, Versailles and Florence. Ask for any of these rooms by name.
Queen or King Beds, Air Conditioning, Shower/Tub Combination, Bath Robes, iPod Docking Station, Free Local Phone Calls, Voice Mail, Hair Dryer, Iron/Ironing Board, Flat Panel Television, Cable TV, comfortable seating, View, Complimentary Breakfast
Carriage House Rooms
Our two Carriage House Rooms - San Remo and Geneva - are quaintly appointed guestrooms located in the Carriage House Building. More moderately priced, these lovely and comfortable guestrooms boast a country decor, country view and newly renovated bathrooms.
Queen Beds, Air Conditioning, Shower/Tub Combinations, Bath Robes, IPod Docking Station, Free Local Phone Calls, Voice Mail, Hair Dryer, Iron/Ironing Board, Flat Panel Television, Cable TV, comfortable seating, desk, Complimentary Breakfast
One of Pennsylvania’s finest Pocono Restaurants
The elegant dining room at The French Manor features a 40 foot vaulted ceiling and two massive fireplaces. Request a table on the terrace for a wonderful view of the Pocono Mountains, or a table by the fireplace for the most romantic dining experience. Our gourmet dinner menu features both Classical and Nouvelle French Cuisine. Candlelight dining, culinary expertise, and our pampering staff make each meal a memorable dining experience. Proper attire required. (Jackets for gentlemen). Please note that the restaurant is not suitable for children under the age of 12 years.
Casual Dining on the Terrace or in Hanna's Cafe
Enjoy casual dining in our Hanna's Cafe or on the Stone Veranda - which offers a stunning 20 mile view of the Northern Pocono Mountains. You have the choice of ordering from our dining room menu or a Cafe menu in either location.
Breakfast is served in our dining room each morning. In nice weather, breakfast can be accommodated on the stone veranda overlooking the view. Breakfast in Bed can also be arranged with advanced notice (additional service charges apply).
- The French Manor receives it's 9th consecutive AAA 4-diamond award
- "French Manor's newest addition strives for the perfect flavor" - Times Leader, June 16, 2010
- One of the Pocono Mountains only 4-diamond rated restaurants!
- Featured in Gourmet Magazine as one of Pennsylvania's Best Restaurants.
- Written in Philadelphia Inquirer as "Dinner Fit for a King."
As a guest of The French Manor you will enjoy peaceful views of the Northern Pocono Mountains. Relax in the beautiful lawns and gardens with your favorite magazine and our complimentary afternoon tea at your side. The French Manor now offers a lovely indoor pool, hot tub and fitness room offering state of the art commercial equipment.
Le Spa Foret offers a complete array of GREEN spa treatments. The calming and eco-friendly environment of Le Spa Foret is sure to eliminate any worries and stresses of everyday life.
Let our Pre-Arrival Personal Concierge customize an itinerary to best suit your needs. Click here to view a few of our most popular spa treatments.
In addition to the beautifully landscaped grounds and serene setting of The French Manor, there are many activities to enjoy such as:
- Indoor Salt Water Pool and Hot Tub
- Fitness Room
- Nature and hiking trails
- FREE High-Speed Wireless Internet throughout the property
- Personal Pre-Arrival Concierge
- Le Spa Foret - our Green Spa Facility
- Private Guided Hikes - available on either our own trials or take an excursion to explore the Pocono Mountains with your own private guide (additional fees apply - available with advanced notice). Please call our office for details.
- Library of books and magazines
- 4-diamond Restaurant with pianist on the weekends
- Casual Cafe for Dining and Cocktails
- Sledding and tobogganing
- Turn-down service in the evening with Godiva chocolates
- Full service bar and cocktails available on request.
- King or Queen pillow top beds
- Triple Sheeting
- Private bath
- Fireplace (Suites only)
- Jacuzzi (Suites only)
- Regrigerator and Coffee Maker (Suites Only)
- Cable TV
- DVD player
- iPod Docking Stations
- Hair Dryer
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Complimentary Decanter of Sherry
- Toiletries include: Forest Essentials Soap, Glycerin Soap, Liquid Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Lotion, Spa Therapy Bath Crystals, Shower Cap, Amenity kit with cotton balls, emory board and Q-tips.
- Balcony (La Maisonneuve Suites and Spa Suites only)
- Air Conditioning
Le Spa Forêt
INDULGE in an Enchanted Green Spa Experience Attune to the rhythms of nature as well as the rhythms of the human body
Salt Water Pool & Hot Tub
Couples Massage Suite with Fireplace
Manicures and Pedicures
Bridal Party Suite
Luxurious and Calming decor
A Unique and Individualized Spa Experience Every Visit
Located atop Huckleberry Mountain among the ancient trees of Sherwood Forest, a GREEN Spa grew from a vision of natural elegance and meaningful getaways. Our team of spa service professionals is dedicated to recreating that sense of calm that relaxes and rejuvenates your mind, body and spirit. Each spa treatment is completely custom and individualized for each client. All scents and products are customized using only Natural and Organic ingredients. Aromachology™ (the use of scents to enhance the mind and body for total body wellness) is used with each treatment. Body Enhancers are also included in your treatment. They are enhancing herbs, fruits, and vegetable powders used to customize each treatment based on your desired experience. Your treatment is blended with the body enhancers right in the treatment room so your experience is fresh and unique right before your very eyes!
Le Spa Foret is naturally healthy
By limiting toxins in the skin care products and in the spa’s environment, our green spa will provide a healthier experience. Click here (page under construction) to read the GREEN features of this building project.
Green spas are more relaxing - By putting aside the stressors of modern life – including noise, pollution, toxins and waste – Le Spa Foret will offer a more balanced and relaxing experience.
All Spa guests are provided with the use of the following during their visit:
- Therapist Consultation
- Mug of Herbal Tea
- Luxurious Robe and Flip Flops
- Spring Water and Snacks
Our spa is small and intimate. Sometimes last-minute appointments can be difficult to schedule. We suggest giving us as much advance notice as possible to schedule just the right therapist for you. For reservations and information, please call the French Manor Inn and Spa at (877) 720-6090, or in house, dial extension 31.
The Inn recommends you reserve appointments prior to arrival. We also suggest you arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment for consultation. Arriving late will shorten your treatment time.
Apparel During Treatment
All of our guests are professionally draped at all times. Please discuss any clothing concerns with your therapist if necessary. Jewelery can get in the way of a green spa experience; we encourage that your leave these items in your guestroom or suite. We also have a safe available in our office for any valuables. Please inquire at the front desk.
Medical Conditions or Allergies
If you have any allergies or medical conditions, please discuss this with your therapist before treatment has begun. You should also let the staff know when you make your reservation. Services marked with the ** symbol use heat as part of the treatment. These services are not recommended for guests who have heart conditions, are sensitive to heat or are pregnant.
We require a 48-hour notice for any appointment change or cancellation. We will bill your credit card $45 for each hour of missed appointment or cancellation.
Spa services are designed for guests aged 17 and older. Nail services are available for those under age 17 with parental supervision. Please inquire at the Le Spa Forêt reception desk.
In appreciation of outstanding service, gratuities may be given at your discretion. For groups of 6 or more, a 21% gratuity will be added.
Prices and services are subject to change without notice.
Elegant Custom Designed Weddings
The French Manor is a beautiful Inn with an elegant and intimate ambiance. The exciting part of having a reception at our Country Inn is the opportunity to plan and create an exclusive event - we do not host any other weddings on your special day. We have the culinary expertise, staff and expertise to assist you with your plans.
GUEST SIZE: May through the end of October, we have a minimum requirement of 50 guests for an afternoon event. Evening events require a mimumum of 100 persons and all 19 accommodations to be reserved by your wedding guests. This allows us to focus every detail on your special day. The elegant dining room at the Manor will seat up to 75 persons. We have hosted many receptions (with as many as 200 guests), utilizing our dining room, adjoining stone terrace and lawns. Tenting our lawn area provides a lovely setting for larger receptions. The setting and view are spectacular. Our stone chateau offers an enchanting storybook setting for your special day! Ask for Bridget to help create a memorable affair.
Included in our rental fees are many personalized services we are delighted to provide:
- Ceremony Set-Up and Personal Event Planning Services:Our rental fees provide exclusive use of The French Manor's dining room, terrace and grounds for a 5-hour reception plus a 1/2 hour ceremony. We will set up your ceremony in the location of your choice. Two lovely settings are on the Terrace steps with a mountain view as a beautiful backdrop, or on the lawn area by a lovely Maple tree - which provides ample shade and vibrant foilage color. Our photo album includes a few cermony pictures. Genevieve and Bridget, our wedding coordinators, are always available to meet with you to customize your wedding day. To schedule a site visit or to request a proposal, please call 1-877-720-6095.
- Customized Save the Date Cards:These cards are perfect for those couples planning their wedding a year or so in advance and are inviting guests from outside the Pocono area. This card provides information on discounted room rates just for your wedding guests and how to make a room reservation at The French Manor. Click here to view a sample Save the Date card.
- Personalized Menu Cards, and Table Numbers:Every detail is important to us as we help you create a perfect wedding day. Text fonts, borders and other embellishments vary with each individual menu. You can see a sample menu card to the right.
Each wedding is custom designed just for you. We have a wonderful selection of hors d'oeuvres and entrees to help you create that perfect menu for your guests. Please select from the following options for additional information:
- General Wedding Information (for weddings of 50+ persons, available upon request)
- Wedding Menu Packages
- Intimate Elopement Package (for 2-8 persons)
- To schedule a site visit and to discuss details about your special day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 570-676-3244.
- Small Weddings for Two - see our Intimate Elopement Package.
Corporate Retreats at the French Manor Inn and Spa
Set like a jewel on top of Huckleberry Mountain, The French Manor provides an atmosphere for elegant, yet comfortable gatherings, the perfect setting for small exclusive conferences. Our service is excellent and our gourmet French cuisine is outstanding. The French Manor is an authentic French Chateau, built by Joseph Hirshhorn as a replica of his chateau in France. It is truly a miniature castle. The mountainous setting of the French Manor with magnificent vistas, a stone terrace and rolling lawns creates a perfect atmosphere for clear productive thinking. The French Manor has nineteen luxurious accommodations and meeting facilities that can accommodate up to 25 persons. The attentive service of our staff provides an excellent atmosphere for exclusive meetings and banquets.
For additional information, please call 1-877-720-6090 and ask for Genevieve Reese or Bridget Weber. Or email us at email@example.com
- Banquet Dining Room
- Custom Menus
- On-Site A/V
- Secretarial Services
- Multiple Phone Lines
- Free Wireless Internet
- Indoor Salt-Water Pool and Hot Tub
- Spa Facility
- Fitness Room
Meeting Room Space
Located in the main Manor Building, the Cafe offers an intimate environment suitable for conferences, executive meetings or working dinners.
- Over 600 square feet of executive conference space
- Working fireplace, mounted TV/VCR
- Boardroom table with flip charts, white boards and coffee station.
The Great Room
Our grandest facility, The Great Room is well designed for both board meetings and corporate retreats and can be reserved exclusively for any group in need of a relaxing work atmosphere as well as dining.
- Located in the Main Manor which also houses 4 Manor Rooms and the Turret Suite.
- Meeting and gathering space on main level features comfortable common space 1000-square foot meeting room with vaulted ceilings, twin fireplaces and plenty of light.
A breathtaking view will set your event apart from the rest. Our terrace can be set up to suit any events needs. We have hosted working corporate breakfasts to Wine Tasting Events on this beautiful veranda.
- Over 1200 square feet of outdoor space
- Tent to cover the entire veranda including chandelier lighting, perimeter lighting and cathedral side-walls.
- Complete outdoor privacy.
For additional information, please call 1-877-720-6090 and ask for Genevieve Reese or Bridget Weber. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pocono Mountain Area Attractions:
The French Manor is centrally located in the Pocono Mountains – convenient to many recreational facilities. For Region Details click here.
The French Manor offers many lovely amenities and quiet escapes for reading and relaxing. Please visit our Amenities page for all the French Manor Inn and Spa offers.
Do as much or as little as you like. Pamper yourself in our Green Spa, indulge in gourmet French cuisine, and enjoy the natural beauty of the Pocono Mountains. Let us help you plan the perfect getaway. Click here to see the many options you can choose from to "Enhance Your Stay".
Hiking & Biking
Sitting atop Huckleberry Mountain in the picturesque Poconos, the French Manor is surrounded by natural beauty, including 3 major State Parks: Promised Land, Tobyhanna, and Gouldsboro. Additionally, there are several other parks that are a short drive from the Inn. Come and discover the mountains!!
- Promised Land State Park – 10 minutes away.
- Tobyhanna State Park – 5 minutes away.
- Gouldsboro State Park – 12 minutes away.
- Big Pocono State Park – 15 minutes away.
- Lackawanna State Park – 30 minutes away.
- Hickory Run State Park – 30 minutes away.
- Frances Slocum State Park – 30 minutes away.
- Bushkill Falls - 40 minutes away
- CBK Mountain Adventure - Treetop Zip Line Adventure and more - 20 minutes away
- Lighthouse Harbour Marina - PO Box 77, Greentown, PA 18426, 570-226-4556
- Local marinas on Lake Wallenpaupack
- Canoeing and Kayaking
- Whitewater Rafting - Kittitiny Canoes
Skiing / Snowtubing / Snowboarding
The French Manor Inn and Spa is conveniently located in the middle of some fantastic ski mountains. Here is a list of the closest mountains. We also have a great ski package that includes your overnight stay at the French Manor and skiing at the Poconos best mountain - Camelback Mountain. Click here for our Ski Tote Package.
- Alpine Mountain — 20 minutes away.
- Camelback Ski Area / Camelbeach — 25 minutes away.
- Sno Mountain — 35 minutes away.
- Elk Mountain Ski Area — 55 minutes away.
- Big Boulder / Jack Frost Ski Areas — 40 minutes away.
Shawnee Ski Area — 45 minutes away
- Mountain Creek Riding Stable — 20 minutes away.French Manor guests enjoy discounted rates.Horseback riding vouchers available to purchase at The French Manor front desk.
- Triple W Riding Stables — 35 minutes away
Choose from a variety of entertainment venues in the local area: theatre, movies, nightlife in either Scranton or Stroudsburg, and the Pocono International Raceway.
- Mountain Laurel Center for the Performing Arts — 40 minutes away
- Sherman Theatre - Main Street, Stroudsburg - 30 min away
- Pocono Raceway — 35 minutes away.
- Cinemark Movie Theatre: 30 minutes away.
- City of Scranton — 30 minutes away.
- City of Stroudsburg – 30 minutes away
Historic Sites / Museums
The counties of the Pocono region – Wayne, Monroe, Pike, Carbon and Northampton - each have its own rich history. Below are a variety of links to historic sites, museums, and other informational websites for our beautiful mountain region.
- Lackawanna Coal Mine — 30 minutes away.
- Steamtown National Historic Site — 25 minutes away.
- Everhart Museum, Scranton, PA – 30 minutes away.
- Grey Towers, Milford, PA – 40 minute drive.
- Roebling Bridge, Lackawaxen, PA – 40 minute drive.
- Zane Grey Museum, Lackawaxen, PA – 40-minute drive.
- The Stourbridge Line Railroad, Honesdale, PA – 40 minute drive.
- Victorian Town of Jim Thorpe – 45 minute drive.
- Victorian Town of Milford – 45 minute drive.
- Discover Pike County
Enjoy a baseball game, go to a concert, or have a great time at our local fair. Here are a few links to help you complement your get-away.
- Crystal Cabin Fever - Feb 10 to 26, 2012 - 20 minutes away
- Scranton / Wilkes Barre Yankees — 30 minutes away.
- Scranton / Wilkes Barre Penguins — 45 minutes away.
- Montage Mountain Events – 40 minutes away.
- Pocono Raceway — 35 minutes away.
- Mountain Laurel Center for the Performing Arts — 40 minutes away.
- GDS Fair – week prior and including Labor Day every year in Newfoundland, PA. – 5 minutes away.
Many of our guests come to the Poconos for its wonderful antiquing and many outlet stores.
We would be happy to help you plan a day full of your favorite shopping in a number of the surrounding villages.
Directions to the French Manor Inn and Spa
For GPS use only: 560 Huckleberry Road, Newfoundland, PA 18445 (please note that this is not our actual address - but will get you to the general location. From here simply follow signs to our front door)
From Scranton: Follow Interstate 84 East to Exit #17 (Newfoundland). Right - Follow Rt. 191 South to South Sterling (approx. 7 miles). Turn right onto Huckleberry Road. At the top of the hill turn right between the two stone columns. This driveway will take you up to the French Manor.
From New York: Take Interstate 80 West through the Delaware Water Gap (bypassing Stroudsburg); bearing right on Interstate 380 North to Exit #8 for Route 423 (Tobyhanna Exit); North on Route 423, 8 miles, then bear left on Route 191 North. About 2 miles past The Sterling Inn make a left onto Huckleberry Road. The French Manor Drive is at the top of the hill on the right. Or after crossing the toll bridge at Delaware Water Gap, take Exit 307 in Stroudsburg and follow the signs for Route 191 North. We are located about 25 miles North of Stroudsburg. Turn left onto Huckleberry Road. At the top of the hill turn right between the two stone columns. This driveway will take you up to the French Manor.
From Southern New Jersey: Follow Rt. 31 North to Rt. 46 West to Interstate 80 West to Exit #307 (in PA). Follow Rt. 191 North to South Sterling - about 28 miles. - OR -
80-W to 380-N to Exit #8 (second exit) - Tobyhanna; Route 423 N (8 miles) to Route 191 N (approx. 2 miles).
Turn left onto Huckleberry Road. At the top of the hill turn right between the two stone columns. This driveway will take you up to the French Manor.
From Philadelphia: Follow the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike as far as the Pocono Exit #95. Then follow I-80 East to 380 North to exit #8 (second exit) - Tobyhanna; Right onto 423 North (8 miles) to 191 North (2.5 miles). Turn left onto Huckleberry Road. At the top of the hill turn right between the two stone columns. This driveway will take you up to the French Manor.
From Baltimore Area: 83 North to 81 North to 80 East to 380 North to Exit #8 (second exit) - Tobyhanna; Right onto 423 North (8 miles) to 191 North (2.5 miles). Turn left onto Huckleberry Road. At the top of the hill turn right between the two stone columns. This driveway will take you up to the French Manor.
From Connecticut: 84 West to exit #20 (in PA) - Lake Wallenpaupack; Turn left onto Route 507 South to stop sign. Bear Left onto 191 South approx. 2 1/2 miles. Turn right onto Huckleberry Road. At the top of the hill turn right between the two stone columns. This driveway will take you up to the French Manor.
Limousine: Door-to-door limousine service is available from NY, Philadelphia, and surrounding areas. For information contact the Inn.
Bus: Martz and Greyhound buses met upon advance notification at Mt. Pocono. There is a transfer charge per person each way.
Airlines: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport is serviced by US Airways, Continental, Delta, United and American (beginning June 2010). Approximately 40 miles from the Inn. Transfer charge per person each way.
Please call for transportation arrangements other than driving or with any questions concerning your directions. We look forward to seeing you soon.