Buhl Mansion Guesthouse & Spa
This is the largest room in the "Castle". You must experience this room to believe it. The colors are soft; rust, copper, and champagne. The gabled ceiling rises to 15 feet, and ceiling fans add to the romance. A king sized, upholstered sleigh bed provides the best sleep experience. The octagon turret houses a round Jacuzzi for two.
We refer to Park Place as a 'room at Grandma's house'. Although this is the smallest room, many of our guests find it the coziest. Sage green and muted burgundy provide a serene environment unmatched anywhere else in the home. A traditional queen sized Charleston Rice Poster bed faces the fireplace. The bathroom's corner whirlpool tub comfortably accommodates two. Hardwood floors and oriental rugs add to the warmth of this lovely room.
The Artist Loft
Fast becoming one of the most popular rooms in the Mansion, the Artist Loft is very light and elegant. The wall coverings feature Michelangelo's famous painting of "The Creation of Adam". The king sized bed of copper and iron is a work of art in its own right. One of our favorites, the bathroom is quite lovely with 'pickled' oak floors and a large round Jacuzzi in the turret.
Frank H. Buhl's Room
Masculine best describes Mr. Buhl's Room. Decorated in greens and browns, stags are the main focus. A 'copper-like' ceiling, original fireplace, and magnificent woodwork make this room exceptionally warm and comfortable. A round king sized bed fits perfectly in the round window space of this room.
Mr. Buhl's Den
Mr. Buhl had a lovely private den next to his bedroom. A chartreuse tiled fireplace and the beautifully restored woodwork are the focal points of this room. A traditional king sized canopy four poster bed provides for the finest comfort. This room has one of the largest bathrooms in the home.
As the name implies, this room could be on a deserted island. A carved, queen sized, four poster bed and ornate wicker and ratan furniture accent this spacious room. The slow churn of the ceiling fan sets the evening's mood. This is the only room that has a Jacuzzi in the bedroom, instead of the bath, so you can enjoy the warmth of the fireplace.
The Guest Bedroom
This room was considered the "out of town guest room". The king sized bed and Beidermier reproduction furniture compliments the sophisticated decor of gold and ebony. The gas fireplace, which sits in a rounded-off corner, accents this room beautifully.
The Steel Magnate
Light, airy and neoclassical in style, this room is softened with colors of white, cream, taupe, and beige. The many windows in this room offer beautiful views of the courtyard, greenhouse, waterfall, and gardens. A king sized metal bed and cozy fireplace accent this room.
Julia F. Buhl's Room
Mr. and Mrs. Buhl slept in separate bedrooms, a custom not commonly appreciated today. Mrs. Buhl's Room was very feminine, as is our version. Decorated in yellow and blue, a large, round king sized bed fits comfortably in the largest of the castle's turrets.
The largest turret in the "Castle" houses a round Jacuzzi for two. This room was once part of the deco-ballroom of the 1940's. Now a king sized bed, replicated from the Hearst Castle, is the main attraction to this room. The hardwood floors are original and accented with beautiful oriental carpets. The walls are a reflection of the exterior style of the home.
The luxurious guest rooms are reached by the Grand Oak staircase that ascends to the second and third floors. As you reach the third floor, a hand painted mural of formal gardens and cherubs welcomes you. Each room has an individual heating and cooling, gas fireplace, television, VCR, DVD and CD player, telephone and either a king or queen sized bed. The beds provide a memorable sleep experience, as the mattresses, down comforters, and pillows were personally selected for comfort and luxury by Mrs. Winner. All bathrooms have been lavishly appointed with Jacuzzis for two, separate showers, hairdryers, deluxe bathrobes, slippers and upscale amenities. Wireless Internet access is available throughout the mansion.
- Adult guests only. Maximum occupancy in room 2 people.
- 2nd night discounts restricted to two consecutive nights in the same room.
- Rates are subject to change.
- $150 deposit is billed to your credit card. No reservation will be accepted without a deposit at time of reservation.
- Refunds will be granted for cancellations if notice is received prior to seven days before arrival date.
- Deposit is retained if cancelled between 7 days and 24 hours prior to arrival date.
- Full package rate will be charged to credit card on file if cancelled within 24 hours (3 pm EST day before check-in) or no-show.
- Tipping is not necessary for any services at Buhl Mansion.
- For your convenience a 15% service charge, 6% PA sales tax and 3% county bed tax will be added to your final bill.
- Alcoholic beverages, other than those specifically listed, are not included in rates.
- The Buhl Mansion is an entirely non-smoking facility. A penalty of one night's room rate will be charged for smoking violations. Penalties will be incurred for damages or mistreatment of facility.
- Management reserves the right to remove disruptive guests.
- Only registered houseguests may enter the overnight rooms unless permission is granted in advance for visitors.