A Victorian Bed & Breakfast in University City
The turret windows and working gas fireplace fill this room with warmth and elegance. It has a queen-sized brass bed, oak armoire and dresser, and marble top washstand along with a Victorian parlor set upholstered in a gold damask fabric. There is a sink en chambre and a private toilet and shower.
The Garden Room
Aptly named as this room overlooks the side yard gardens. It has a high backed Victorian full sized bed, mahogany armoire with mirrors, a comfortable Morris chair and tapestried rocker. The private attached bathroom has a glassed in shower and is wallpapered in a floral print to match the room.
A striking full-sized antique brass bed sits at an angle to complement the corner decorative tiled fireplace. Set in front of the fireplace is a comfortable reading chair. An old RCA Victrola, oak armoire and dresser complete this room. There is a sink in the room, the bathroom is down the hall, shared with the South Room.
The Victorian Suite
Once the master bedroom of the house, this room is our most romantic with a queen sized canopy bed draped in white lace, an elegantly carved armoire, rotating library cabinet, and high backed dresser. A floral wallpaper graces the walls and oriental rugs cover the floors. In 1901 a large bathroom and glassed in sitting area was added. We’ve filled this enclosed porch with plants and wicker furniture to create a private little reading and conversation nook. The bathroom still has the original soaking tub and a large 4 legged sink.
The South Room
Two twin antique brass beds sit on both sides of a magnificent mirrored fruitwood armoire. A Civil War era sofa, Eastlake style tall mirrored dresser, barrister cabinet, drop leaf table with chair, and lots of windows make this room a treasure chest of antiques. This room shares the adjacent hall bathroom with the East Room.
Blue Willow Room
An antique wrought iron table with chairs set in the turret makes it hard to resist sitting still for a moment to gaze out the windows through the delicate white lace. The lady and gentlemen’s chair adorning the fireplace also bids one to take time to sit back in style. This room has a queen-sized bed, a hope chest and uniquely styled armoire. There is an attached bathroom with shower. The sink is located in an alcove of the room. A large collection of imported plates fills the walls with fascinating scenes.
Country Willow Room
This room is home to a collection of country Victorian antiques that you might find in grandma’s attic. There is a grand four poster queen sized bed, an oak armoire and dresser, an ornate rocker, lots of quilts and everyone’s favorite—an upholstered chaise lounge. The attached bathroom with shower is tiled in white marble.
This spacious room has a hutch and other shelves brimming full with toys and old Christmas cheer. Two over-stuffed chairs sit in front of an electrified Ben Franklin style stove. There is a mahogany armoire and dresser, a queen-sized four poster bed and antique occasional furniture to complete the room. This room has a private attached bathroom with shower.
Along with lots of books, this room has an upholstered sofa and platform rocker on which to relax and read. The oldest piece of furniture in the house—a New England blanket chest dating to the early 1800’s and a full-sized brass bed makes this room cozy and comforting. An attached bathroom with shower is tiled in white marble.
The Egan Room
This room is named for the family who first owned the house back in 1889. It is wallpapered in a classic blue and white toile print and furnished with a wrought iron full-sized bed, pine armoire, dresser and comfortable chair. There is a sink en chambre. A private bath includes a clawfoot tub with shower, located adjacent to the room in the hall.
Room rates range from $115 to $185 depending on room and number of people*. Rates include free off-street parking on the premises** and a full breakfast. All the rooms have private phones, cable television, cd player, VCR, alarm clocks, hair dryers, fine linens and plush towels. Guests can access e-mail and the internet through either the available wireless network or by using the phone for dial-up access. A computer station is also set up for guests to use who are not traveling with their personal laptop All reservations must be made by phone. A credit card will be needed to confirm the reservation. To Check Availability click on the link provided. * All rates and furnishings are subject to change. ** Parking is not guaranteed; it is on a first come first serve basis. Unmetered street parking is also available.
- Check out time is 11 a.m. unless other arrangements are made prior to departure.
- All reservations must be made by calling (215) 662-1918. A deposit or credit card is required for all reservations.
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours before your intended stay (longer during certain peak times) or a full night's lodging will be charged.
- Prices include a full breakfast; special dietary needs can be accommodated.
- Each room has a private telephone with answer machine for incoming and outgoing calls and easy hookup to the internet.
- Other room amenities include cable television, alarm clocks, hair dryers, air conditioning, and individual heat control.
- Beverages and ice are provided. A refrigerator and microwave is available for guest use.
- We have added a computer center for guests to check e-mail as well as wireless DSL service.
- Free off-street parking is located on the premises.
- A roll away bed may be added to some of the rooms to accommodate another person for an additional $15 charge.
- Long term stays at special rates may be possible during certain seasons.
- A no smoking policy throughout the house is strictly enforced. Pets are not permitted. We recommend children over six years old.
- Prices are subject to change and should be verified at time of reservation.