The Garden House Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Welcome to The Garden House Bed & Breakfast, in Manchester, Pennsylvania. We offer the perfect respite from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Hosts Paul and Loretta Simmons will do everything possible to see that your stay is pleasant and memorable.
Our charming inn is decorated in an eclectic, country-garden style with period antiques, creating a cottage motif and allowing guests to relax and feel like they have escaped to the country for weekend. Guests will enjoy the sitting rooms, parlor, the wrap around front porch, and the garden.
Each morning, you will enjoy a delicious full breakfast, featuring coutry- and European-stlyle dishes, that will leave you feeling full and satisfied. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary needs or restrictions and we will do our best to accommodate them. Then, enjoy a terrific day of sightseeing in the picturesque York County. During your stay, you are welcome to arrange for afternoon tea.
Paul is originally from England, where he managed a popular English pub called The Black Horse. Loretta, originally from Italy, received her chef training by working in her family's fine restaurant, "Calise," on the beautiful island of Ischia in southern Italy.
We are registered on the National Wildlife Federation as a small city Wildlife Habitat Garden. We are committed to maintaining our home and garden using eco-friendly techinques by:
- serving organic food whenever possible
- using no chemicals and only organic fertilizers in our flower beds, lawn or vegetable garden.
- providing food, shelter and water for birds that visit our feeders
- planting native trees, shrubs and flowers to attract butterflies and bees
- recycling and conserving water and energy
The Garden House Bed & Breakfast is a unique experience with a touch of European hospitality. Come, relax and enjoy!
- Family Heir-Loom Weavers Inc
- Harley-Davidson Motor Co
- Hershey's Chocolate World
- Maize Quest - The Cornfield Maze Adventure
- Perrydell Farm Dairy
- Police Heritage Museum, Inc
- Columbia Pa Antique Center
- The Crayola Factory
- Scenic Susquehanna River
- Wolfgang Candy Co Inc.
- Central Market House
- Roots Farm Market and Auction
- Ski Round Top
How to Find Us
From I-83 north
- Take exit 22, N. George Street, Rt.181
- Follow sign to Manchester (4 miles)
- Turn right on Rt.921 east, Maple Street
- Continue on for approx. 1/2 mile. to trafic light at Hartman St.
- The Garden House will be on the left at the junction of Hartman Street. and Maple St.
- Turn left onto Hartman Street and left again by the white carriage barn, left into parking area
From I-83 south
- Take exit 24, Emigsville, Rt.238
- At traffic signal turn left and proceed approximately, 1/2 mile to junction N. George St., Rt.181.
- Turn left onto N. George St. (Rt.181 North)
- Turn right on Rt. 921 East, Maple St.
- Continue on for approx. 1/2 mile to trafic light at Hartman St.
- The Garden House will be on the left at the junction of Hartman St. and Maple St.
- Turn left onto Hartman St. and left again by the white carriage barn, left into parking area