Swiss Woods Bed & Breakfast Inn
Lake of Geneva
The Lake of Geneva room features high ceilings with open beams that lead your eye to the south lawns. A large queen acorn four-poster dominates the room, along with a beautifully hand-painted armoire. The red-and-white tiled private bath features a Jacuzzi. Upholstered chairs and an ottoman give a nice spot to read in front of the south-facing French door, which leads out onto the balcony. From this second-floor spot, you'll find a view of the gardens and Speedwell Forge Lake, and be enchanted by ledges filled with hanging geraniums.
The Appenzell Room
The Appenzell Room features 20 ft ceilings, queen-sized bed, and private tiled bath with Jacuzzi. Magnificent Swiss cowbells hang from the massive pine beams, and various Swiss farming implements add to the décor of this second-floor room. Upholstered chairs provide a nice seating area opposite the French door to your balcony overlooking the woods. Surrounded by potted begonias all summer long, you will find this a wonderful secluded setting to read and relax. Grab some of our famous biscotti, a cup of tea, and enjoy!
The Matterhorn Suite
The Matterhorn Suite is the largest of our accommodations, consisting of separate living room, bathroom, and bedroom in a mountain lodge style. Guests enter from an upstairs deck into the living room, which has two cushioned guest chairs and a sofa. A TV/VCR is hidden away in the white pine entertainment center. The bedroom has a queen bed as well as a twin sleigh bed. Swiss articles decorate the walls, evoking the feeling of being away in the Alps. Enjoy a hill-top breeze through your screen door or at the table and chairs on your deck. The view of Speedwell Forge Lake is beautiful from here. The stairway from the deck takes you down to the gardens on the south side of the inn. $195 - $210; $25 each additional person above 2. This room comfortably accommodates 3 people.
The San Bernadino Room
The San Bernadino Room's focal point is an unusual canopy bed with twisted walnut posts. A reproduction from an English castle, this bed is unforgettable. White pine bead board paneling gives this first-floor room a mountain chalet feeling. Swiss style woodcarving surrounds a built-in desk, and comfy upholstered chairs provide a place for more relaxed reading. Both the room and the full private bath are decorated in whites and florals, with a beehive border reminding you of the gardens outside. A French door leads to your patio, where you can enjoy the herb garden and wide array of flora. An apricot tree espaliers on the wall near your door.
The Lugano Room
The Lugano Room features a Windsor bed in teak, and bentwood chairs. The décor includes knotty pine paneling and a garden border, and Swiss style woodcarving surrounds the built-in desk. This light and airy room faces south, and has been nick-named "The Garden Room," perhaps because its French door opens onto a patio along the gardens. Enjoy the clematis in full bloom or the beautiful calla lilies. The décor of the full private bath also reminds you of the flower gardens outside your door, where you can sit and enjoy the birds and butterflies drawn to our feeders.
The Emmental Room
The Emmental Room is named for the valley in Switzerland that is world renowned for making Emmentaler Cheese. This first-floor room features a Shaker cherry pencil post bed, a full private bath, and a comfortable sitting area with two upholstered chairs. Swiss style woodcarving surrounds the built-in desk. A French door provides a private entrance from the courtyard patio, where you can enjoy a peaceful breeze in the wood side gardens.
The Willhelm Tell Room
The Wilhelm Tell Room, named for the figure in Swiss history famous for shooting the apple from his son's head, is a first-floor room which faces north toward the woods. It features a beautiful pine and wrought iron bed and comfortable upholstered chairs. Swiss style woodcarving surrounds the built-in desk, and the room has a full private bath. A French door provides a private entrance opening onto the courtyard and woodside gardens.
Policies & Reservations
- State and local taxes are not included. (7.1%)
- We require a one nights deposit on your credit card to hold the room.
- There is a $25 fee per room, for rooms canceled 7 days or more before arrival.
- Rooms canceled less than 7 days before arrival will be charged one night.
- Any cancellations less than 72 hrs (3 days) before arrival will be charged for the entire reservation.
- Rates subject to change without notice.
- To assure there are rooms available, we recommend you make reservations at least six weeks ahead or earlier.
- Weekends - a 2 night minimum stay.
- Holidays-3 night minimum stay.
- Prices are for two people and include breakfast.
- There is a $25 per night fee for each additional person in the room. We have limited accommodations for children.
- Check in is from 3 - 7 p.m.; please call if you will arrive later. Check out is 11 a.m.
- There is no smoking permitted in the inn.
- We do not have accommodations for pets.
- Deposits & Cancellations: We require a one-night deposit to hold a reservation. When you reserve we will process this one night deposit and credit it to your stay.
- We accept personal checks, traveler's checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.