The Alden House Bed and Breakfast
The Joshua Room
This comfortable and convenient first floor room has a ten foot ceiling and five bright windows including a bay. The room features a queen size bed, two winged easy chairs, parlor stove, private bath, and a LCD TV/DVD.
The Scandia Room
This cozy second floor room is quietly located in the center of the house. The hardwood floors have recently been uncovered and refinished. The room features a queen size bed, private bath, and a wall mounted LCD TV/DVD has been added to give more space to the room.
The Lilac and Lace Suite
Featuring a three-window bay with sitting boxes, the bedroom has a heavy pineapple four-poster queen size bed with a demi-drape canopy. The suite includes a sitting room with a cable LCD TV/DVD, parlor stove, and a private bathroom. The day bed comfortably accommodates an additional person. There is an entrance from the second floor porch that overlooks the gardens and fish pond.
The Tea Rose Suite
Situated upstairs in the back of the house, this secluded suite features a library sitting room with a second entrance from the upstairs porch, TV/VCR and a private bath with granite vanity top. The bedroom provides a queen size brass bed, vented gas fireplace, and a new LCD TV with DVD to enjoy from the bed or rockers.
The Alethea Suite
This first floor suite features a queen size poster bed, drop front desk, country furnishings, a spacious sitting room, a private outside entrance, private bath, TV/VCR/DVD, and queen anne chairs. John's childhood toy train is displayed in the built in TV cupboard. There is a second TV/VCR in the bedroom with a full length oval mirror and queen anne chair.
The Carriage House
Enjoy all the amenities of the main house with the privacy of the separate Carriage House. Featuring a queen size sleigh bed, large rainfall shower with body sprays, leather recliners for napping in front of the 32" LCD TV/DVD. There is a microwave and refrigerator at the bar sink and a bistro table and chairs for snacking. With heated floors throughout, it makes a secluded getaway for two. $159 two night minimum.
The Upstairs Parlour Suite
Originally the upstairs parlor in the front of the house, this florally decorated suite has seven large windows, ornate 1 1/4 strip oak floors, pillared archway, king size bed, parlor stove, and cable TV/VCR/DVD. A flight of steps within the room leads to the loft dressing area and private bathroom. The loft has a day bed for an additional person, queen anne chair and LCD TV/DVD.
Tea Rose Sitting Room
- The above rates are based on double occupancy.
- Additional person in a room where space permits is $20 per person per night.
- Room rates are slightly higher for some holidays and special events.
- Single night stays are welcome with a $10 surcharge.
- A credit card number or deposit of one night's stay is required within 5 days of reservation request.
- Cancellation Policy: Guests are expected to stay and/or pay for the full number of days that rooms are reserved. In the event you must cancel, shorten your stay, or make a change to your confirmed reservation; please provide 2 weeks notice. A one night's stay will be charged when notice is less than three days.
- We are within easy strolling distance of Lititz restaurants, shops, and attractions.
- We have on-site private parking for cars and a Carriage House for your bicycle storage.
- Cash, Check, VISA, AMEX and Master Card gladly accepted.
- Special rates available for groups, corporate, and extended stays.
- Gift Certificates available.
- Check in time is after 3 pm. Access code provided for all guests.
- Check out time is promptly by 11 am.
- Children over age 10 welcome.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Open year around.
- We are proud to be a non-smoking inn. Smoking permissible on outside porches.