Australian Walkabout Inn Bed & Breakfast
Adelaide Hills Suite
Bright and inviting, the Suite is decorated with antiques and shades of rose, green and ginger. It has a queen bed, free standing fireplace and private bath with a large whirlpool tub and shower. In the comfortable sitting room, enjoy beautiful views of the Amish countryside basking in the afternoon sun. Maximum occupancy: 2.
With its warm, spicy tones of nutmeg and butterscotch, this room has a 4 poster canopy queen bed and a free standing fireplace. The sitting room includes a 2-person whirlpool tub. A recently renovated private bathroom includes a heated, imported tile floor. From the sitting room sofa (which folds out into a double bed), you can see some of the few remaining native chestnut trees near the property. Maximum Occupancy: 3.
McLaren Vale Suite
This cozy room has a queen canopy four poster bed draped in creamy sheer fabric. This room also has a recently renovated private bathroom with custom tile. The sun porch that accompanies this room includes a hot tub, mini refrigerator and propane fireplace with enough space and comfortable chairs to sit and relax while you enjoy the morning sun. Maximum Occupancy: 2.
With its own private entrance, this room invites you to relax as you enjoy the new tiled shower for two with 10-inch rainfall showerhead or curl up with a good book on the daybed the sunny sitting area. A private bathroom, mini refrigerator and fireplace accompany the queen sized bed decorated in bold jewel tones resting under a lacey, beaded canopy. Maximum Occupancy: 3.
Located literally 'outback', this bungalow is a world all to itself. Included are a king sized bed, propane fireplace, hot tub and private bath as well as cable TV and mini fridge. The rich jewel tones of burgundy and gold and a decor representative of the Outback whimsy greet you in this cozy space, inviting your retreat from the fuss of the everyday. Maximum Occupancy: 2.
Rates & Policies
- Rated 3 Diamonds - Mobil and AAA
- This is a non-smoking Inn - For the comfort of all our guests, please restrict smoking to outside the Inn only. Ashtrays are available for your convenience.
- Reservations - Required. A credit card number is required to hold the room. See "Cancellations" below. Drop-ins are welcome, but subject to availability.
- Gift Certificates - Are available for a one year period from date of issue.
- Check In - Between 3:00 PM and 8:00 PM. Please prearrange any late arrivals.
- Check Out - 10:00 AM.
- Dietary Considerations - We serve a full hot breakfast each morning and are happy to accommodate any special dietary needs. Please let us know of these at the time of your reservation.
- Daily menus include tea, coffee, fruit, juice, homemade baked goods, and a sweet or savory entree and breakfast meat.
- Special Weekends - Some weekends require a two night minimum stay.
- Children - We have limited accommodations for children over the age of 7. They must bring well-behaved parents. Please call to inquire. There is a $20 charge for each additional person per room.
- Rooms Include - All suites and rooms include private baths, mini refrigerators, bathrobes, hair dryers, DVD players, fireplaces, queen canopies or king beds and air conditioning.
- Amish Dining - Can be arranged. Please allow at least 7 days' notice for reservations.
- Payment - We accept cash, personal checks, travelers' checks, Visa and Master Card. Pennsylvania sales tax of 6% and Lancaster County hotel excise taxes apply.
- Pets - Sorry, we are not able to accommodate pets.