The Cedar Room
The Cedar room is a first floor bedroom with a queen size bed, private bath and a private entrance from the side porch of the Inn. Working fireplace in this room! $139 a night, sleeps 2.
The Chestnut Room
The Chestnut Room will put you in a romantic mood with its soft colors and brass bed. $139 a night, sleeps 2.
History buffs love the Birch Room which reflects an Americana theme of red, white and blue, and overlooks the front and side yards. $139 a night, sleeps 2.
Enjoy the warm feel of the Maple Room with its Shaker inspired decor in autumn shades of crimson and gold. The pencil post bed is a highlight of this room. $139 a night, sleeps 2.
Pine Tree Suite
Our lovely two-room Pine Tree Suite is located on the third floor of the Farmhouse. Dark hardwood floors and exposed ceiling beams give this suite a rustic feel. Barn red fabrics combine with denim to accent the queen-size bed of iron and wood. A daybed with trundle can accommodate two additional guests in the second room of the Pine Tree Suite. Room rate is $165. Sleeps up to 4 people. $25 per extra adult, $10 per child ages 12-18 (maximum 2)
Located on the site of the original summer kitchen, our air conditioned two-floor Walnut Cottage is perfect for romantic getaways to celebrate anniversaries, honeymoons or other special occasions. Guests of this suite are served a private breakfast in the breezeway in season, and they may relax on a private wrap-around deck. A highlight of the Walnut Cottage is the old beehive oven, a leftover of the summer kitchen built by Isaac Lightner. It was in this oven that bread was baked for Union soldiers in 1863. The sleeping area is located on the second floor of the Walnut Cottage. In addition to the king-size bed is a daybed with trundle, which can accommodate two additional guests. A screen may be pulled between the beds for privacy. Room rate is $189 per night. Sleeps up to 4 persons. $25 per extra adult, $10 per child (maximum 2).
Get cozy in the Oak Room which features a brass bed. This is our only room with a shower and bathtub combination. Working fireplace in the room. Rate is $139 a night, maximum 2 persons.
Amenities, Rates & Policies
We have carefully preserved the original character of Isaac Lightner's home, including the wide moldings, random-plank floors, and four fireplaces. Although we have maintained the nineteenth century appearance of the Farmhouse, we have added modern conveniences such as central air conditioning. Our rooms are decorated in themes inspired by quilt designs, and each is named after one of Pennsylvania's native trees. For your comfort, all our rooms have queen or king-size beds and private baths with showers. The rooms also offer amenities such as personal hair dryers and small water coolers.
Rates & Policies
- All our rates are based on double occupancy and always include a full country breakfast, water, sodas and hot tea with a cookie tray.
- Wireless internet is complimentary.
- There is a $25 fee for each additional adult in rooms that will accommodate them, children under the age of 18 are an additional $10 each.
- Children 10 and older are welcome in the Farmhouse. Younger children can be accommodated in the Walnut Cottage.
- Exclusions may apply for holidays, special events and package plans.
- Single travelers receive a $20 per night discount Sunday through Thursday nights.
- AAA discounts available midweek for multiple night stays in season only.
- Our low off season rates do not allow for further discounts.
- Ask us to help you plan your visit with our personal recommendations of things to see and what to do.
- Off season (Dec 1 through March 31) stay three nights for the price of two inseason nights.
- An additional 6% PA sales tax and 3% Adams County tax will be charged for each reservation.
- Two night minimums apply to most weekends but if a room is open on the Monday of that weekend, it will be available for a one night booking. Over the winter rooms are generally available for one night only.
- A deposit of $100 will be collected at the time of booking and a refund of $75 is available for cancellations made prior to 14 days of arrival. One night room rental will be charged for no shows.
- Check in is requested between 3 and 6 PM with special arrangements for earlier or later check in.
- Check out is by 11 AM unless other arrangements have been made.
- Breakfast is served daily between 8 and 9 AM
- There is ample free parking.
- Wireless Internet is available throughout the building.