Battlefield Bed & Breakfast Inn
Table Of Contents
Civil War History at Your Front Door
Many visit the town of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania for its amazing history, unique shops, and renowned culture. Few, however, find the excitement of discovery we offer at the Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn.
Scheduling a trip to Gettysburg and staying at our B&B is a sensible combination to say the least. What people seek in this corner of Americana is liberally delivered at the Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn. The property itself is a piece of this historic land; Our 200 year old farmhouse bore witness to the famous Gettysburg Battlefield on the Emmitsburg Road and now rests on the peaceful countryside. The historic atmosphere is undeniable with such proximity to the Gettysburg Battlefield. As a civil war home, we are proud to offer daily Civil War history presentations, covering a wide range of unique content. These are offered each morning over a delightful home cooked breakfast served by our costumed staff.
Your stay comes with this complimentary meal as well as afternoon home-baked snacks and coffee and tea. While you enjoy the best the town of Gettysburg has to offer, we prepare and offer luxury amenities and on-site activities to make your stay memorable. From historic reenactments, fireside ghost stories, and the benefit of expert hospitality, the Battlefield Bed and Breakfast is the key to experiencing an unmistakable retreat.
Discover the history and the fun inside these old stone walls! This 200 year old fieldstone farmhouse was a witness to the battle of Gettysburg. Private peaceful setting on the Gettysburg Battlefield. 5 minutes from restaurants and shops.
We are more than a "Bed" & "Breakfast."
We offer historical ambiance and expertise with attention to customer service and modern comfort set in an original Civil War home on 30 peaceful acres of the Gettysburg Battlefield. Nestled in a small hollow, a quarter mile from the Emmitsburg Road, are 46 historic acres of the Battlefield Bed & Breakfast. Leave behind your present century and visit another time and place, a land of stone, wild flowers and rail fences.
Your Stay Includes:
- Daily Civil War History Presentations
- With many individual morning history programs, we will have a different presentation each day of your stay. Learn about the life of an infantryman, artillery ammunition, the South Cavalry Battlefield, the Confederate Soldier, and more.
- Breakfast with Costumed Staff - Delicious home cooked full breakfast with fruits, baked goods, original entree, breakfast meat, potatoes, orange juice, and coffee or tea. Special diets available.
- Afternoon home-baked cookies, lemonade, coffee, and tea.
- Your lodging accommodations include Full Breakfast.
Our eight beautiful guest rooms are dedicated to a Civil War unit that fought here on the Gettysburg South Cavalry Battlefield.
Sleep tonight on the Gettysburg Battlefield on the Emmitsburg Road in the shadow of Big Round Top! One of Gettysburg Pennsylvania's premier lodging accommodations.
Discover the History and the Fun inside these old stone walls!
This 200 year old fieldstone farmhouse was a witness to the battle of Gettysburg.
Private peaceful setting on the Gettysburg Battlefield.
We host indoor weddings with 30 guests and garden weddings up to 200 guests. We have an historic barn that can hold 100 guests for a reception and barn dance. Your event can be a simple elopement or a very elaborate full weekend with a rehearsal dinner, wedding, and reception. We are happy to help you arrange caterers, flowers, photographers, ministers, musicians, tent rentals, carriage rides around the farm, horses for the wedding party, and Civil War costumes for theme weddings.
Daily Civil War Historical Demonstrations
"...The world will little note, nor long remember, what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here..." – Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address
Daily Civil War History Presentations
With many individual morning history programs, we will have a different presentation each day of your stay. There is no charge to inn guests for our history program. Start your day with coffee during our early morning history program. We do a different program every day of your stay (we can't do musket firing every day - we have so many other fine and fun programs!)
Find out about the life of an infantryman. We dress and guest in uniform with all the equipment. You may also learn to fire a Civil War musket.
- Explore the world of artillery ammunition
- See how the cavalry trained for battle. Dr. William Pulig demonstrates the "Riding at the Heads" course on his horse, Kentucky.
- Learn about Civil War Medicine from Dr. William Pulig, a modern day physician- Civil War re-enactor who brings his 19th Century surgery kit and explains what the doctors really could and couldn't do during the Civil War.
- Check with us for our current schedule of weekend encampments for the rest of the year. During these special weekends, you will have an opportunity to visit a Civil War camp which has been set up by the pond. The re-enactors will be doing demonstrations for guests during their stay.
Dogs are welcome. We trust our guests to know if their dog will be a good bed and breakfast guest. We have 30 acres where you can walk your dog. Dogs need to be kept on a leash for their safety and the safety of our farm animals. Dog sitting is sometimes available with advance notice.