Battlefield Bed & Breakfast Inn
General Merritt Suite
Our largest suite is the upper floor of the original 1809 farmhouse. The master bedroom has a king bed, the second bedroom has a full bed. The spacious bath is accessible from either room. Private stairway to this 2nd floor room.
- Private Bathroom
Can accommodate 1 roll away to sleep up to 5 guests. Dimensions: Master = 14x16 ft 2nd Bedroom = 13x 8.5 ft
Reilly's North Carolina Artillery Suite
This two room suite is perfect for a family or group. The master bedroom has a queen bed. The second bedroom has two twin beds. The bathroom is accessible though the master bedroom. A large picture window looks toward the pond. The beautiful stone of the 1809 building makes up the wall behind the master bed.
This room can hold up to two rollaways and accommodate up to six guests.
- Private Bathroom
Each additional guest $25 per night
Dimensions 18x12 ft with 2nd room 8x8 ft
Dimensions Master 18x13 ft 2nd Bedroom 10x 8 ft
This first floor room was the original parlor in the 1809 farmhouse. The room oozes history, with hand-hewn beamed ceiling, original chestnut floors, and two-foot thick stone walls
Dimensions 16x13 ft
1st Texas Infantry Room
This corner second floor room has two beds for travelers who don't want to share beds or for families that want to share a room. One bed is a queen bed and the second is a double. The room can hold one roll away and accommodate up to five guests.
Dimensions 18x12 ft
2nd US Dragoons
This second floor room has a queen bed and a full size futon sofa bed with an excellent mattress. A cathedral beamed ceiling, exposed stone wall and historic feel characterize this room. The room is decorated to commemorate the 2nd US Dragoons. If you feel at home both on horseback and on foot, this is the room for you!
Dimensions 13x13 ft
A beautiful exposed stone wall, lacy canopy bed, and hanging Amish Quilt with a heart theme make this room a guest favorite. This is perfect for a romantic getaway. This second floor room looks out toward the front lawn.
Dimensions 13x13 ft
Rush's Lancers Room
This lacy 2nd floor room is dedicated to the Rush's Lancer's Cavalry unit out of Philadelphia. Sleep on a four-poster queen sized bed. Two windows look north toward the woods. A twin sofa bed can accommodate a third guest.. This room is in the most modern addition to the building.
Dimensions 16x10 ft
7th Georgia Infantry Room
This light airy corner room is on the second floor. Three windows look out toward the pond and the back lawn. Sleep under pictures of Jackson and Lee in a queen-sized bed. This is in the most modern section of the building. A twin sofa bed can accommodate a third guest. This room is in the most modern addition to the building.
Dimensions 17x11 ft
The Tack Guest Room
Stay in the original tack room of the 1820's barn. This room is included with our barn venue for special events on weekends and will be released to the public ninety days before a weekend date if there is no scheduled event. When we added this luxury room in May 2012, we preserved the beautiful workmanship of the original barn. Let the the stone walls and hand-hewn beams tell you their stories. Be entertained by the horse, pony, and donkey outside your patio door.
Swan Cottage is a 1920's arts and crafts cottage located 1/4 mile from Battlefield Bed & Breakfast at the beginning of the driveway to the inn on Emmitsburg Road. This cottage is designed for honeymoon couples. There are two complete baths. The smaller bath has a standard Jacuzzi tub. The larger bath has a double Jacuzzi tub. The bedroom has two massage chairs. All the details have been selected with couples in mind. However, the living room has a sofa bed and the house can easily adapt to two couples or a family, since there are two bathrooms. Television, WiFi, and air conditioning are provided. Guests at Swan Cottage may enjoy breakfast and history programs at the inn, included in their stay.
Dimensions: 1300 sq ft house
- Off-Season Rates will be available
- December 1-March 15
- Every room reduced $50
- Off-season rates do not apply to Holiday Weekends
- New Years Eve, Valentines Day, President's Birthday, and Easter
- Standard Rooms $125-149
- Specialty Rooms & Suites $135-199
- Swan Cottage $199-$249
- Rates include full breakfast, morning history programs, and Friday night ghost stories
- Basic rates are for two guests. Additional guests over age 5 are $25 per night per guest. Use the two person rate if your children are under age 5. Please let us know the ages of your children
- Local tax rate an additional 9%
- All rooms have private baths with a tub and shower en suite
- Satellite TV, Air Conditioning
- Wireless Internet
- Central heat and air
- Cancellation Policy
- Please finalize your plans before you book
- $25 per night per room non-refundable deposit
- We require a 15% deposit to hold the room. This deposit becomes a cancellation fee if you need to cancel your room; Your deposit may be applied toward another date or future stay if you do change plans
- 7 Days Notice to Cancel
- We also require 1 weeks notice for any cancellation. With less notice, you are responsible for the entire room rate if we can't rebook the room
- If you know you need to cancel, it is in both of our best interests to let us know promptly so we can attempt to rebook the room