Red Barn Village Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Welcome to the Red Barn Village B&B
The Red Barn Village Bed & Breakfast is a truly unique accommodation located in Clarks Summit, PA, set in the country side twenty minutes from Scranton, and forty five minutes from Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania. Each of our suites have a private bath and kitchenette so you always feel at home. We believe you'll agree, you've never seen anything like it, and you'll never forget it after you've stayed. We hope to see you soon!
When you stay at a Bed & Breakfast you should receive more than just a room for the night. It's a chance to relax, be pampered and enjoy the uniqueness the Inn has to offer. It's attention to detail, making new friends, and finding unexpected pleasures. It's somewhat like a treasure hunt, where you always find the prize.
Set in the beautiful countryside 5 miles West of Clarks Summit, we offer a very unique atmosphere for couples, families and people traveling on business.
The Garden Train
In the late 1800's and early 1900 railroads emerged all over Scranton and the surrounding area as the need to transport iron and coal became greater. Northeast Pennsylvania was known as "The Anthracite Coal Capital of the World."
Our model railroad pales by comparison to the hard work of the early settlers in the region. Born from an idea of a friend and initially struck down by Bert as "silly", the G Scale Model Railroad has become a conversation piece and the source of hours of enjoyment for bed & breakfast guests, friends and neighbors. Special thanks to Bob, Noah and Wayne for their contributions.
If you are relocating to the area or on a temporary work assignment, we offer reduced extended stay rates for all of our suites. These rates are available for stays of one week or more. They include limited maintenance of the room and services which can be customized to your wishes. Contact us for more information and availability.
- Amici (570) 586-3000 Fine Dining 5 Minutes Rt. 307 just before Clarks Summit
- Kyoto (570) 587-3236-Japanese 10 Minutes Rt. 6 & 11, just south of Clarks Summit
- Patsel's (570) 563-2000 Fine Dining 15 Minutes Rt. 6 & 11, 4 miles north of C. Summit-www.patsels.com
- Ryah House (570) 587-4124-Fine Dining 10 Minutes Rt. 6 & 11, just south of Clarks Summit
- Calaruso's (570) 586-0608-Italian Cuisine 10 Minutes State & Grove Strs., behind the Sunoco
- Cooper's (570) 346-6883 Seafood 20 Minutes 701 N. Washington Ave., Scranton
- Gourmet (570) 587-0250 Home Cooking 15 Minutes Rt. 6 & 11, 4 miles south of C. Summit
- JJ Bridges (570) 586-8833-Casual Dining 10 Minutes Rt. 6 & 11, just south of C. Summit
- Jim Dandy's (570) 586-6000-Casual Dining 15 Minutes Rt. 6 & 11, 5 miles south of C. Summit
- Sabatini's(570) 585-7227-Italian Cuisine 10 Minutes Rt. 6 & 11, 5 miles south of C. Summit-www.sabatinis.com
- State Street Grill (570) 585-5590 Pub 10 Minutes -Corner Rt. 6 & 11 & Winola Road
You may call any of these restaurants toll free from your suite.
There are also numerous franchise restaurants near the Viewmont Mall, (20 minutes away). These include Applebee's, Perkins, Ruby Tuesdays, Old Country Buffet, Don Pablos, Lonestar Steak, Olive Garden, and Golden Corral. The Steamtown Mall has a Ground Round and Grotto Pizza located in the mall, (20 minutes away).
If you are traveling to the Pittston or Wilkes-Barre area, these restaurants are on your way:
- Celestino's (570) 655-9230 - Northern Italian - 20 Minutes - 140 Main Street, Dupont
- Cooper's Waterfront (570) 654-6883 Seafood - 15 Minutes 304 Kennedy Blvd., Pittston
- Perkins (570) 883-5682 Family Rest. 20 Minutes Rt. 315, Dupont at the entrance to I-81
These restaurants will require the use of a credit card to call from your suite.
Below are a few restaurant suggestions for the Tunkhannock area in the Endless Mountains:
- Cross Country Rest. (570) 945-4947 Family Rest. 30 Minutes - Rt. 92 west of Tunkhannock
- Remington's (570) 836-2401 Fine Dining 25 Minutes - Intersection of Rt. 92 & Rt. 6
- Shadowbrook Inn (570) 836-5413 Family Rest. 30 Minutes - Rt. 6 south of Tunkhannock
These restaurants will also require the use of a credit card to call from your suite.
- Lakeland - 9 holes, public course - Rt. 107, Fleetville 30 minutes away - (570) 945-9983
- Shadowbrook Inn& Resort - 18 holes, public course - Rt. 6, Tunkhannock 25 minutes away (570) 836-2151
- Stone Hedge Country Club - 18 holes, public course Rt. 6, Tunkhannock 25 minutes away (570) 836-5108
- Summit Hills - 18 holes, public course - Country Club Road, C.Summit - 5 minutes away - (570) 586-4427
- Wemberly Hills - 18 holes, public course - Exit 60, I-81 - 25 minutes away (570) 563-1902
- Kimaquan Golf Club - 9 holes, public Course - Exit 63, I-8 - 35 minutes away (570) 222-4000
Events & Attractions
- Elk Mountain - Downhill Skiing - 45 Minutes - Uniondale (570) 679-4400-www.elkskier.com
- Greystone Gardens - English Garden Centre & Cafe - 15 Minutes - Clarks Summit (570) 586-3215-www.greystoneg.com
- Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour - Anthracite Mine Tour - 25 Minutes Taylor - (570) 963-6463
- Northeast PA. Arena - Sports & Entertainment Arena - 35 Minutes - Wilkes-Barre
- Pocono Downs - Harness Racing - 30 Minutes - Wilkes-Barre (570) 825-6681-www.poconodowns.com
- Rivenburg Auctions Antiques & Collectables - 25 Minutes - Nicholson (570) 945-9493-www.rivenburgsauction.com
- Scranton Cultural Center - Performing Arts Theater -20 Minutes - Scranton - 1-888-669-8966-www.scrantonculturalcenter.org
- Steamtown National Historic Site - Steam Train Museum & Excursions - 20 Minutes - Scranton (570) 340-5200-www.nps.gov/stea
Antique & Gift Shops
- Antiques & Uniques (570) 563-3056 - Antiques - 15 Minutes - Dalton
- Apple Tree Antiques (570) 945-9395 - Antiques - 20 Minutes - Fleetville
- Carriage Barn Antiques - (570) 587-5405 - Antiques - 15 Minutes - Fairview Road, 5 miles north of Clarks Summit, www.carriagebarnantiques.com
- Candletree & Gifts (570) 585-2001 - Gifts - 10 Minutes - State Street & Winola Road in Clarks Summit
- Country Corner Antiq. (570) 945-3889 - Antiques - 20 Minutes Fleetville
- C J Treasures (570) 222-5525 - Antiques & Uniques - 30 Minutes - Jct. of Rt. 106 & Rt. 374 on the way to Elk Mountain.
- Curiosity Corner (570) 587-4714 - Gift & Antiques - 10 Minutes - 120 S. State Street, C.S., near the fire station
- Everything Natural (570) 586-9684 - Food & Gifts - 10 Minutes - 412 S. State Street, Clarks Summit
- Pine Hill Antique Gallery (570) 563-1709 - Antiques - 20 Minutes - Exit 61 of I-81, East Benton
- The Silo Antiques (570) 563-1301 - Antiques - 20 Minutes Rte. 438 off Rte. 407, Waverly
- Thornbottom Antiques (570) 942-6650 - Antiques - 30 Minutes - 132 State Street, Nicholson
- Town& Country Auct. (570) 945-5295 - Antique Auction 20 Minutes - Rts. 107 & 407, Fleetville Corners
- White's Country Floral (570) 586-2505 - Flowers & Gifts - 10 Minutes - 426 S. State Street, Clarks Summit
- Endless Mtns Antique Dealers - Antiques - 30 to 60 Minutes
- Endless Mountains VisitorsBureau - Welcome to the Endless Mountains Region of N. E. PA.-www.endlessmountains.org
- Greater Scranton Chamberof Commerce - Scranton area news, events, career and economic information. www.scrantonchamber.com
- Luzerne County Tourist Promotion Agency - Area businesses and attractions in Luzerne County. www.tournepa.com
- Northeast Pennsylvania Convention& Visitors Bureau - The official website of Scranton & Lackawanna County. www.visitnepa.org
Red Barn Village Bed & Breakfast is located 5 miles West of Clarks Summit on Newton-Ransom Boulevard.
From Exit 194 of I-81 or the last exit on I-476 (PA Turnpike Northeast Extension)
- The exit ramps for the PA Turnpike and Interstate 81 are the same
- Follow the signs for Routes 6&11 North
- At the end of the exit ramp you will see a Sunoco Station
- Travel north of 6&11, there are a few traffic lights then the road will curve to the left as you go up a hill
- At the top of the hill there will be another Sunoco Station at a traffic light
- Go one more traffic light where you will turn *left right before a Mobil Gas Station onto Winola Road
- Travel approximately 2 miles to the intersection with Newton-Ransom Boulevard as you go down a small hill
- At this "Y" intersection bear to the left - there are blue highway signs for Red Barn Village Bed & Breakfast at each intersection
- The bed and breakfast is about three miles ahead on the left in Red Barn Village
If you are traveling north on I-81 you can save time by leaving I-81 in Pittston Township (Exit 75) and using I-476 for the final 20 minutes north. The I-476 and I-81 exit ramps are the same in Clarks Summit.