Table Of Contents
Le Puy is an 8-room, 4-season, destination inn for the Yamhill Wine Valley in Newburg, Oregon. The inn strives to exemplify sustainability from the food offered, to the products used, to the care for the environment from the exterior to the interior. Our goal is to provide a superior hospitality experience. Our mission is to be an authentic "eco-inn". We host meetings, retreats and seminars as well as intimate weddings, anniversaries and reunions. Guests are invited to come to the inn to re-balance themselves with the tranquil setting, good food, spa amenities and fresh atmosphere.
The property was purchased as a single family home. Our vision took us from a large residence to a beautiful 8 room inn for the wine valley. The 10 acres upon which we sit yield hay for our neighbors horses, as well as gardens for flowers, vegetables and fruit. The property is nestled half way up a hill on the north side of the Dundee Hills and we offer panoramic views of surrounding mountains, vineyards and farmlands. In addition to the main house, we have a large courtyard as well as the Loire room for guests to enjoy.
About Le Puy (pronounced "pwee")
We toured the Loire Valley in France with our home base in Le Puy de Notre Dame, a quaint French countryside village. The land surrounding us was full of vineyards and where the soil was deemed unsuitable for grapes, there were rolling fields of sunflowers. Inspired by the beauty of the region and the simple sweetness of the name Le Puy, we looked further into the origin and meaning. Basically, it is old French for "hill". There are many Le Puys throughout France. They are most often ancient worship sites which contained a dolmen (sacred stone) and were usually replaced by Christian churches.
Rooms & Amenities
Our property, although located in wine country, is not really suitable for grapes, so that is why we infused the sunflower theme into our name. We sit on a hillside with spectacular views of the Chehalem Ridge and peeks at the Coastal range, Mt Hood and Mt Jefferson. We feel the mix of nature, spirituality and deep rooted history behind the name, fits into our dream for creating a holistic, sustainable inn. Thus, Le Puy, our wine valley inn was born.
From our guest suites to the common areas, we have strived to create a relaxing environment from which to enjoy the Willamette wine valley. Our guests will find that there are many choices at the inn for kicking back and taking in the sights, smells and sounds of the countryside. Whether sipping a glass of wine, reading a good book or visiting with friends, we offer a 4 season environment. From your private rooms and terraces to the courtyard, gathering room and great room, there is something for everyone.
- The Great Room: Flanked by an enormous fireplace and stunning views of the Valley, this room is the heart of the inn. Breakfast is served in our turret room as well as in part of the great room. In warmer weather, a large balcony offers outdoor dining and comfy seating while our guests take in the sights, sounds and smells of the wine country.
- The Loire Room: Pub style room with TV, conference/private dining table, small bar area for private parties, wine tastings, retreats and meetings. Accommodates up to 20.
- The Courtyard: Highlighted by a beautiful stone and water sculpture created by local artist Stuart Jacobsen, our courtyard offers a casual country villa atmosphere. Located at the main entry, this space will accommodate up to 75 for outdoor events and compliments the future Barn and The Loire Room.
Le Puy offers 8 beautifully appointed suites. All of our rooms have private bathrooms, spa amenities, a wine 'bar' with refrigerator, cutting board, glasses and picnic supplies. Each room has an LCD TV with access to our DVD library where guests can enjoy our movie collection. Most of our rooms have a spacious balcony or patio capturing our beautiful wine country views. Some of our rooms also feature spa tubs and several offer a romantic gas fireplace. We are proud to offer Tempur-pedic mattresses in all rooms, America's number one recommended mattress.
Amenities in all Rooms:
- Private bath facilities
- Wireless Internet access
- LCD Televisions with Blu-Ray CD players
- iHome alarm clock radio/docking stations
- Spa robes & spa quality bath amenities
- Irons & ironing board available on request
- Air-conditioning Tempur-Pedic beds with Tempur-pedic pillows
- Additional Hypoallergenic Feather Pillows & Duvets
- Wineglasses & wine openers
- Smoke-free facility and grounds
- Complimentary access to our collection of DVD movies
- Complimentary gourmet breakfast
- Complimentary Afternoon treat
The Inn is perfectly suited to host events and provides a wide choice of style and venue options. From our covered porch and balcony to the courtyard and gardens, we offer exterior spaces that capture the beauty of wine country in all weather conditions.
Our interior spaces include The Great Room, Loire Room, and for a more rustic flavor, the Saumur Room. Exterior spaces include the courtyard, great lawn and Anjou Terrace.
We welcome weddings and celebrations,(up to 40 persons).
We also host smaller events for guests of the Inn which includes Wine Pairing and Culinary Dinners, Meetings, Retreats & Seminars, (16 persons max).
Contact the innkeeper for more detailed information and rates.