Arch Cape Inn and Retreat
Table Of Contents
Step out of your vehicle and into a place with coastal beauty so dramatic, it quiets the mind and stirs the heart. Here, at Arch Cape Inn and Retreat in beautiful Arch Cape, Oregon, nature takes center stage and the rigors of everyday life are washed away. With romantic architecture, our Cannon Beach Bed and Breakfast offers pristine views of the Pacific Ocean against the lush Oregon Coast Mountains. Let our Cannon Beach Inn carry you away from the trials of everyday life.
Our Northern Oregon Coast getaway boasts many outdoor activities for romantic adventurers to explore and discover all its natural wonders. Interpretive trails give you the chance to walk the footsteps of the Lewis & Clark expedition. World-class hiking trails lead to beaches, mountain overlooks and onto the historic Oregon Coast Trail. Old Growth forests give way to spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and the many creeks that meet it.
A gift certificate to Arch Cape House Bed & Breakfast is the perfect solution for those hard to shop for people on your list, perfect for Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's Day, or Father's Day.
Long walks on the beach, after a relaxing morning at the Arch Cape Inn, delight beachcombers as they skirt the waves while tide pools await their discovery. Naturalists keep a watchful eye open for the many species of wildlife and birds that call Arch Cape, Oregon their home, as whale watchers spot migrating Gray, Sperm, Humpback and Orca Killer whales, during the winter and spring watching seasons.
For the urban adventurer, the town of Cannon Beach, with its many world class restaurants and galleries, is just minutes away. After a long day of exploration, return to Arch Cape Inn, our Oregon Coast Bed and Breakfast, to find a warm fire, comfortable surroundings and delicious food and wine in a first class lodging experience that is more intimate than any hotel.
Better than a hotel, this boutique lodging is a perfect place for a romantic getaway. Our Oregon Coast Bed and Breakfast shines as a truly unique Cannon Beach Inn. So, when planning your trip to the beach, our Cannon Beach Bed and Breakfast is sure to make your stay a magical one.
"Incorporating elements from castles and chateaux, it's straight out of a fairy tale. European antiques, original art, and an abundance of tapestry-cloth furnishings fill the house. There is the circular Tower Room, with its own soaking tub; the Gauguin, filled with reproductions of paintings by you-know-who; and the Tapestry Room, with a stained-glass ceiling and an ocean view from the soaking tub. Lavish, three-course breakfasts are served in the conservatory. So luxurious is this place that the fact that you aren't right on the beach doesn't even seem to matter." - Fodors
Once you've arrived to our magical setting, continue to leave the rigors of daily life behind. Settle in, relax and enjoy a romantic dinner by candlelight. Our Chef's carefully prepared weekend dinner events will add to your sense of restoration. After dinner, you are steps away from a walk on the beach, our gardens or your own comfortable room and fireplace.
As a complimentary part of your stay, Breakfast is a gourmet delight, prepared by our chef, Richard Ashbaugh. Breakfast is a sit-down, plated meal served at 9 am at some common and some private tables. Please let us know if you have a seating preference. Tea, cocoa and fruit are out 24-7. At 7:30 am we put out our signature coffee, Sleepy Monk Monastery Blend. It is a dark, robust and tasty certified organic, free-trade blend from our local Sleepy Monk Roasters in Cannon Beach. We accommodate changes in serving times for eating if we have notice by the night before. Please let us know about special dietary needs and preferences.
Established in 1994, we are one of the few boutique luxury Inns on the Oregon Coast. Nestled at the base of an ancient volcanic mountain range where massive basalt formations plunge into the sea, the Arch Cape House sits amidst one of the world's few temperate rainforests, steps from Pacific Ocean beaches. Built on a US Scenic By-Way as well as on the Oregon Coast Trail, the Arch Cape House is ideally located to provide our guests with luxurious and secluded accommodations from which to explore and recreate in every aspect of the natural wonders of this dramatic area. Our guests can also find world class shopping, dining, art, history and culture as well as performing arts all within a 4-7 mile radius of the Inn, in the cities of Cannon Beach and Manzanita. After a day's adventure, guests find a warm fire, good food, wine and friends upon their return to the Inn.
Thank you for considering the Arch Cape Inn & Retreat for your next event! For those seeking an outstanding location for a memorable wedding for up to 35 guests, the Arch Cape Inn is ideal. We specialize in offering warmth and hospitality not readily found today that allows family and friends to gather in a relaxed atmosphere for your wedding. Together we will help you experience a reception that will delight both you and your guests. Once you have reviewed the wedding information listed below, let us show you how we can help make your wedding a special and memorable one and why a magical setting, caring service, and top quality are the attributes most often expressed by those whom we have served in the past.
We have nine rooms which can accommodate up to 18 people. Most of our rooms have new Davenport pillowtop mattresses, down quilts and pillows, private baths, most have fireplaces, and/or soaking tubs. The cost to reserve the rooms varies by day and season. A multi-course gourmet breakfast is included and served to your guests each morning.
May 1st to September 30th
We require a 2 night minimum stay, with a 3 night minimum stay on holiday weekends. Holiday weekends are Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day. Renting less than the entire Inn is restricted to Sunday-Thursday nights and non-holiday weekends.
October 1st to April 30th
You may reserve a 1 or 2+ night stay. For 1 night stays, we will reserve dates on Sunday through Thursday nights only.
Wedding and Reception Information
You may also have your wedding ceremony and reception at the Inn. We have a beautiful garden and large cedar trellis perfect for an outdoor wedding ceremony. (A tent may be needed as a precaution for inclement weather.) The inside Living Room and Conservatory are also beautiful choices for the ceremony and reception. Your ceremony and reception will be planned as a four-hour affair. If renting the entire Inn, you may celebrate into the wee hours, if you so choose. However, we require that the catering function is ended no later than 8:30, so that we have time to clean and prepare breakfast in the morning for you!
If renting all rooms, there is an Event Service Fee that allows for the use of the entire facility, with some exclusions. This fee also accommodates the hiring of extra staff and other necessary expenses not normally incurred by the Inn. The best aspect of this fee is that the Innkeeper will help coordinate the event and will stay in close communication with you as the details of the special day draw near. This is of great benefit, especially if you are planning from a distance. If renting less than all the rooms, the Event Fee is more modest and holds a few more restrictions for the use of the property.
Event Service Fees
For weddings and events that rent all the rooms in the Inn with a total guest list of up to 35, there is a fee of $750.00 from October 1 to April 30 that allows the use of the entire facility, with some exclusions. From May 1 to September 30, there is a $1,000.00 event fee.
For weddings and events that rent fewer than all the rooms in the entire Inn with a total guest list of up to no more than 20, there is an event fee of $400.00 from October 1 to April 30. From May 1 to September 30, there is a fee of $600.00. The event is limited to the use of the Conservatory only.
For outside groups of up to 20 wishing to use our Conservatory, there is an event fee of $350.00.
If the entire Inn is rented, the entire facility may be used for the event. In this case children under 12 are allowed as guests. If fewer rooms than the entire Inn are rented, the reception may only be held in the Conservatory, which can accommodate up to 20 people. Out of consideration for other guests staying at the Inn, our normal age restrictions apply and we cannot accommodate children younger than 12.
Our Chef caters all on-site events.
A 1 night stay is limited to a heavy hors d'oeuvres menu only. Heavy hors d'oeuvres receptions start at $40/person. They include 4 hors d'oeuvres, beverages, table wine and beer, a champagne toast and a simple sheet cake.
Buffet or plated dinners range from $60-$120/person depending on the menu. This includes a choice of 3 appetizers, 2 salads, 3 side dishes, 2 entrees, beverages, table wine and beer, a champagne toast and a simple sheet cake.
Alcohol Policy: We do not allow hard alcohol to be served on the premises.
- We require a non-refundable deposit in the amount of $1000 to guarantee your reservation.
- A secondary deposit of 50% will be due in six months prior to your event.
- Final payment is due four weeks before your wedding.
- All deposits are non-refundable, unless the dates you have reserved are re-booked for another wedding reception.
How to Find Us
From Seattle (200 mi):
- Follow I-5 south to Longview, then drive west, crossing into Oregon via Longview's Lewis & Clark bridge
- Follow Highway 30 west to Astoria and then Highway 101 south, passing Seaside and Cannon Beach
- One mile after the Arch Cape sign and just north of the Arch Cape Deli turn left onto East Ocean Lane
From the Portland Airport (105 miles):
- Take Airport Way to I-205
- Go south on I-205 towards Portland for about 2-3 miles
- Get on #84 West towards Portland for about 10 miles
- Move to far left lane
- Take I-5 South towards Salem for about 2 miles
- Get in the far left hand lane to exit for Beaverton
- Take I-405 towards Beaverton for about ½ mile
- Move to far right lane
- Take Highway 26 West to Ocean Beaches
From Portland (90 mi):
- Follow Sunset Highway 26 west for about 78 miles to the Highway 101 junction
- The Arch Cape House (signs still say St. Bernards B&B) is exactly 10 miles from this junction
- Turn south, passing four Cannon Beach exits
- One mile after the sign for Arch Cape turn left onto East Ocean Lane just before of the Arch Cape Deli
- When traveling south on 101, entering the tunnel is BAD
- You have gone 200 yds too far
From Coastal Southern Oregon:
- Travel north on Highway 101 to Manzanita
- We are located 7 miles north of Manzanita
- When leaving Manzanita, you will enter the tunnel that runs through Neahkahnie Mountain
- As soon as you leave the tunnel, look to the right (east) and you will see our castle on the hill, across from the deli
- Turn right on East Ocean Lane into our drive
- When traveling north on 101, entering the tunnel is GOOD ... we are about 200 yds north of the tunnel that goes through Neahkahnie Mountain
Things To Do
State Parks and Hiking Trails
- Cape Falcon Kayak :PO Box 582, Manzanita OR 97130. Phone: (503)-320-2168
- Manzanita: 10 miles away - 9-holes, Beautiful Ocean Views
- Gearhart Golf: 15 miles away - 18 holes, Beautiful, Classic Links
- Seaside Public Golf: 12 miles away - 9-holes, Sometimes you can take your dog with you. A good idea to check the Tide Table before scheduling a tee time.
- Oregon Surf Adventures
Crabbing Adventures and Boat Rentals
- Jetty Fishery
- Sea Ranch Stables
- Northwest Equine Outfitters
Fort Stevens State Park
- Astoria is home to the South Jetty and the Wreck of the Peter Iredale.
Lewis & Clark National Historical Park Sites
- Fort Clatsop
- Fort to Sea Trail
- Clark's Dismal Nitch
- Station Camp
- Salt Works
- Netul Landing
- Memorial to Thomas Jefferson
Washington State Park Sites
- Cape Disappointment State Park: (including the Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center & Bookstore)
- Fort Columbia State Park
Oregon State Park Sites
- Fort Stevens State Park
- Sunset Beach State Recreation Area
- Ecola State Park
- Cannon Beach Farmer's Market: Open seasonally Tuesdays from 2 - 6 pm
- Astoria Farmer's Market: 10 am to 3 pm, Sundays, May through October
- Manzanita Farmers' Market: Fridays, 5 - 8 pm, Mid June - Mid September
Museums and Historic Sights
Columbia River Maritime Museum: In my opinion, the best Maritime museum on the West Coast, but runs neck and neck with the Royal BC Museum in Victoria (sorry, San Francisco). The 6 minute movie is worth a 1 year history course.
- Cannon Beach Coaster Theater: The Coaster Theatre is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the cultural, artistic and civic vitality of Cannon Beach by continuing the tradition of producing quality community theatre and memorable experiences for residents and visitors of all ages.
- Galleries and Antiquing
Northern Oregon Coast Antique Stores
- There are many antique stores in our area.
- Art Galleries - Cannon Beach Galleries Group
Cannon Beach Spa
The Spa at Cannon Beach is a serious health spa in the tradition of the great European healing centers where rest, relaxation and rejuvenation are the top priority. All services are provided with strict adherence to the most natural of remedies and techniques using only the highest quality products.