Table Of Contents
Aaron's Gate is an exclusive private getaway created by Gary and Martha Hall, owners of the renowned Arcadian Inn Bed and Breakfast in Edmond,
- Oklahoma.Oklahoma Countryside, yet minutes from Oklahoma City Metro
- Honeymoon Cottage for Two, like a cabin in the woods but luxurious
- Bed and Breakfast, but very private
- Historic Guthrie nearby
- Hot Tub and sauna
- Luxurious king-size canopy bed
- Gas fireplace
- European spa shower
- Jacuzzi for two
- Full kitchen
- Satellite 42 in. LCD TV/DVD
- Boutique hotel amenities
- Robes & slippers
- Spa bath amenities
- Homemade cookies
- Coffee, bottled water, and snacks
Simple yet fabulous breakfast prepared in your fridge for your enjoyment at your leisure. Great packages that include champagne and strawberries, massage, Aaron's Gate Spa baskets, golf, chick trips, birthday cake and flowers! Great for a Country Getaway, Honeymoon, Anniversary, Babymoon, Birthdays, and to just celebrate you!
Voted Top 5 for weekend getaways by the Readers Choice. Featured in Oklahoma Today and Oklahoma Living.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Gary & Martha Hall for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Our guests stay with us for a country romantic getaway.
What are you best known for?
Private honeymoon cottages with hot tubs.
What makes your inn unique?
Private cottages with hot tubs.
What do you love most about your inn?
Beautiful luxurious cottages in the woods with all the romantic touches.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Historic Guthrie, antiquing.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
Amazing luxury with careful attention to personal details.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Aaron's Gate gives a private romantic getaway in the country within minutes of Oklahoma City.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Guthrie, Arcadia, Edmond, and Oklahoma City Brick town.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Woods and pond.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Stables in Guthrie.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
We have 3 cottages for two people.
Do you accept pets?
We do not accept pets.
About the Innkeepers
After 10 years of success as Bed & Breakfast Innkeepers, Gary and Martha ventured into yet another form of hospitality, country cottages. In keeping with the style and standards they have set for the Arcadian Inn, Aaron's Gate Cottages are luxurious and very indulgent yet offering privacy. The first to be built was the English barn built near the gate to hold the tools and equipment to maintain the cottages.
Parrot's Cove was born December 14, 2002. Creating a truly fantasy getaway with Caribbean island sex appeal, the Parrot immediately became a favorite. While it was planned to build the French Hen, guests were asking when the barn by the gate was going to become a cottage. So on February 23, 2004, the Meadowlark Barn was born. Simply a 16 x 20 foot storage shed, the barn couldn't accommodate Martha's formula for a luxurious cottage so Gary built a metal silo on the side to house the hot tub porch downstairs and large luxurious spa bathroom upstairs.
Finally February 5, 2006, the French Hen was born. With so many years to plan, the French Hen came with many extra bells and whistles. The unique banquette in the dining room to the French appointed bathroom with bidet, the Hen is truly a Parissienne fantasy.
Aaron's Gate Country Getaway is just a short drive north of the Arcadian Inn in the Guthrie countryside, surrounded by 82 acres of woods, ravines, and an Oklahoma pond. Guests can enjoy Oklahoma summer mornings and starry winter nights from their porches or even the fabulous beds enveloped in windows.
The number one rule at Aaron's Gate is NO Intrusion on your time together so we prepare the same wonderful breakfast that we serve at the Arcadian Inn to keep overnight in your fridge at your cottage. A special menu is on the counter to help you prepare breakfast at your leisure in the morning, in private. A bottle of our "to-die-for" Vanilla Butter Sauce is indeed included to pour over your fresh waffles and pancakes.
Gary and Martha Hall enjoy sharing the fun of their country home with guests to Aaron's Gate. You won't see Gary and Martha though, because they really want you to experience a getaway from everyone else but one another.
At Aaron's Gate, it's all about the two of you. A magical time away & alone together. Catch that "Country Lovin' Feeling!
Gary and Martha opened the award-winning Arcadian Inn in 1990. Along with running the Arcadian Inn, Martha was the inspector for the Arkansas Bed and Breakfast Association. As they traveled the state of Arkansas, Gary and Martha saw the promise of country cottages and how they could combine the two. Martha has designed each cottage. Gary, along with their sons, Mark and Stephen, built the cottages Martha dreamed of. Gary has been building for over 30 years and has worked for many of inns in Oklahoma and Arkansas. While Martha still works at the Arcadian Inn, Gary oversees the cottages, maintaining hot tubs, keeping raccoons away, mowing and mowing and mowing.
"We came to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. My wife and I stayed in the French Hen one night and two nights in Parrots Cove. All I can say is WOW!! The attention to detail was great. The decorations and atmosphere made us feel like we were not in Oklahoma. The privacy is unparalleled. You know there are 3 other cottages in the area but with the woods and the way they were built, you are completely on your own. It was very romantic to be able to enjoy ourselves and not worry about who might be nearby--there was no one nearby! No traffic noise, no loud and rowdy neighbors, just a quiet, peaceful, tranquil and romantic location to spend time with my wife. We will go back and renew the romance again!"
"Aaron's Gate is spectacular. We stayed in Parrots cove on our honeymoon and loved it. It has all the amenities you could want, wonderful breakfast, plus the privacy of your own place!"
"We have stayed in the dove paradise last year and the French hen this year. I cannot express how wonderful these cottages are. They have everything you could ever want plus some. Not only do you get a house all your own, but a wonderful breakfast, a huge indoor Jacuzzi tub, a screened in back porch with a hot tub and sauna and the biggest most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. There is not one bad thing I can say about these cottages. They are nestled in a wooded area behind a coded gate so it feels like you have traveled far from Oklahoma into somewhere magical. And the owners do cute little special touches before you even get there. There was a sign in the window that had our names and welcomed us, and the Kitchen had everything you would need to make any meal. There is your first nights breakfast made by the owners in the fridge and every other meal you have to make or go out to eat, but that wasn't a problem at all. Edmond and Guthrie have great places to eat and shop. They are really cute little towns with really nice people. These cottages are expensive compared to hotels but considering the amenities and privacy it was well worth it. We are sure to come back and stay in the other two cottages and for years to come. Thanks so much for building this little piece of heaven."
What a absolutely wonderful place to find time alone with your spouse from the kids and hurries of life. We stayed at the Medowlark Barn and the atmosphere created from the minute you arrive lends itself to a relaxing and romantic mood. You feel like you have gone far away for a trip from home even though you are still very close to home. The attention to detail and little extra's like wishing you Happy Anniversary as we were there celebrating our 16th make it seem like you are real people and not just someone staying at the place. We will definetely be back and absolutely loved our stay. Thanks for the memories
We stayed at the Meadowlark Barn Aaron's gate cottage for a night away from the kids and it was wonderful. Very romantic, private and cozy. I would definitely recommend for anyone wanting a private night away.
Aaron's Gate is spectacular. We stayed in Parrots cove on our honeymoon and loved it. It has all the amenities you could want, wonderful breakfast, plus the privacy of your own place!
More Magic: places to go, eat, and enjoy!
(Your Innkeeper has served years, many as Chairman, on the Board of the Edmond Convention and Visitors Bureau. Our Staff is extremely knowledgeable not only of Edmond but of the Entire Oklahoma City Metro Area and surrounding communities, such as Tulsa, Stillwater and Norman. Feel free to contact them for more information regarding your visit)
Edmond Convention and Visitor’s Bureau, www.visitedmondok.com
Order from Dining Express for a private quiet dinner in your room.
We are proud to give our guests a wonderful night out at Lottinvilles. Midweek reservations come with a $30 gift certificate to Lottinvilles. Our private dinners and dinner baskets are catered by Lottinvilles.
Edmond original hamburger joint. Enjoy with our Movie and Burger package and Golf Package!
Edmond’s exclusive Fine Dining establishment. We are proud to make reservations for you.
Our Favorite Edmond Barbeque. Love the brisket and their sauce!
Edmond has their own Hideaway Pizza! We use to have to drive to Stillwater for this fantastic pizza.
An Edmond tradition for over 26 years for our family alone! Our local Mexican food hangout still run by Pepe himself! Try the Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas!
A great place for a party atmosphere, great food and service.
- In Room Dining, www.858togo.com
- Lottinvilles Restaurant And Bar
- Flat Tire Burgers, www.flatireburgers.com
- Boulevard Steak House, www.boulevardsteakhouse.com
- Le Cep Bistro
- Café 501, cafe501.com
- Steve’s Ribs, www.stevesrib.com
- Hideaway Pizza, www.hideawaypizza.com
- Pepe’s Mexican
- Kangs Asian Bistro, www.kangsasiankitchen.com
- Ted’s Escondido, www.tedscafe.com
Oklahoma City Restaurants:
An Oklahoma landmark, a must-do if visiting Oklahoma City for the first time. Great food, always busy. In Historic Stockyards. Bricktown attraction, a wonderful Date restaurant with tickets to the theatre or concerts at the Civic Center or Ford Center.
- Cattlemen’s Steakhouse, www.cattlemensrestaurant.com
- Nonna’s Euro-American Ristorante and Bar, www.nonnas.com
- Deep Fork Grill, deepforkgrill.com
- Museum Café, www.okcmoa.com/eat
- Iron Star Urban Barbeque, www.ironstarrbbq.com
- Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill
- Stables, stablescafe.com
Route 66 Restaurants:
Between Arcadia and Edmond
- Pops 66, www.pops66.com
15 minutes from the Inn. The happening place in Oklahoma City, canal rides, great restaurants, close to Ford Center and Cox Convention Center. Home of Redhawks Stadium.
A magnificent museum of Western Heritage and Culture. Martha’s father was a cowboy in Wyoming and South Dakota. Proud that Oklahoma City is home to this collection. In Guthrie: Premier Western sports and public events facility. 20 minutes from Arcadian Inn. Check their website for great rodeo events.
- UCO Jazz Lab, www.ucojazzlab.com
- Arcadia Round Barn - Arcadia, www.arcadiaroundbarn.org
- Bricktown, www.bricktownokc.com
- Cox Convention Center, www.coxconventioncenter.com
- Civic Center Music Hall, www.okcciviccenter.org
- Lyric Theatre, www.lyrictheatreokc.com
- Summerstock Theatre, www.summerstockok.com
- National Cowboy Hall of Fame, www.nationalcowboymuseum.org
- Oklahoma City National Memorial, www.oklahomacitynationalmemorial.org
Guests had just checked out of the Inn the morning of the bombing. The Inn rattled as the shockwaves reached Edmond. We all felt it and immediately thoughts went to “who is downtown?” After such a horrible event, we are very proud of the Memorial and the impact it has on each of us.
- Myriad Gardens, www.myriadgardens.com
- Pollard Theatre, www.thepollard.org
- Edmond Historical Society Museum, www.edmondhistory.org
- Frontier City, www.frontiercity.com
- Kirkpatrick Center
- National Softball Hall of Fame, www.baseballhalloffame.org
- Oklahoma City Zoo, www.okczoo.com
- Oklahoma State Fairgrounds, www.okstatefairpark.com
- Lazy E. Arena, www.lazyearena.net
- Oklahoma Science Museum, www.sciencemuseumok.org
- Remington Park Race Track, www.remingtonpark.com
- Mitchell Hall Theatre
- Shadid Fine Art Gallery, www.shadidfineart.com
- Hot Air Balloon Rides, balloonridesacrossamerica.com
Across the street from the Inn, UCO is home to many excellent renowned degree programs. Excellent new Forensic Sciences program.
Church of Christ Campus in south Edmond and Philadelphia Church of God campus in north Edmond are just 45 minutes for Arcadian Inn. We are honored to host OSU guests for special occasions such as homecoming and graduation! 45 minutes to south of Inn, 15 minutes south of Inn, 25 minutes southwest of Inn, 45 minutes southeast of Inn.
- University of Central Oklahoma, www.uco.edu
- Oklahoma Christian, www.oc.edu
- Armstrong College, www.hwacollege.org
- Oklahoma State University, osu.okstate.edu/welcome
- Oklahoma University , www.ou.edu/web.html
- Oklahoma City University, www.okcu.edu
- Southern Nazarene University, www.snu.edu/newhome
- Oklahoma Baptist University, www.okbu.edu
Our Church, Lifechurch.tv is a casual contemporary fellowship of Christians with many service times including online services. Pastor Craig delivers exciting and thought-provoking messages, the music is great, and then we go out and try to make the world a better place as well as become fully devoted followers of Christ. With 13 campuses and over 100 Network Churches, Edmond is home to Lifechurch.TV Central Offices. Across the street from the Inn, 1 block west of the Inn.
- Life Church.TV, www.lifechurch.tv
- Henderson Hills Baptist, www.hhbc.com
- Edmond Church of Christ , edmondchurchofchrist.com
- St. Mary’s Episcopal, www.stmarysedmond.org
- First Christian Church, www.fccedmond.org
- List of Edmond Churches, www.churchangel.com
- Coffee Creek Golf Club, www.coffeecreekgolfclub.com
- Fairfax Golf Club, www.fairfaxgolfclubofedmond.com
- Rose Creek Golf Club
- Oaktree Golf Club, www.oaktreegolfclub.com
- Gaillardia Golf Club, www.gaillardia.com
- Kickingbird Golf Club
Guests of ours, please visit their website.
- Love Is Carriages, www.loveiscarriages.com
- Cope Photography, www.copephoto.com
Professional therapeutic massage clinic provides services to Arcadian Inn guests.
- Therapeutic Massage,www.edmondmassage.com
- Cottonwood Salon Spa
- Boulevard Wedding Chapel, www.boulevardchapel.com
- Walnut Creek Wedding Chapel, www.walnutcreekchapel.com
Plan time to visit our wonderful downtown with its abundance of public art and unique shopping.
- Downtown Edmond, www.downtownedmondok.com
- Moon Feathers Winery
- Tres Suenos Winery, www.tressuenos.com
- Stable Ridge Vineyards, www.stableridgevineyards.com
- Riverwind Casino, Norman, www.riverwind.com
- Thunderbird Casino, Norman
- Lucky Star Casino, Concho, www.luckystarcasino.org
For more Area Info:
- Edmond Convention and Visitor’s Bureau, www.visitedmondok.com
- Oklahoma Tourism, www.travelok.com
- Oklahoman, newsok.com
- Edmond Life & Leisure, www.edmondlifeandleisure.com
From the South
- Take I-35 north towards Downtown OKC and stay in middle lanes
- Come up I-235 or Broadway Ext’n (Hwy 77) into downtown Edmond
- Turn right on 1st Street
- Go 4 blocks to end of street
- Big yellow house with red tile roof on south (right)
From North and East
- Take I-35 to Exit #141 (2nd Street) turn west
- Go 3 miles to stoplight at University Drive
- Turn right and then left on First Street
- Big yellow house with red tile roof at corner of First and University
From Will Roger’s Int’l Airport
- Take I-44 east to Hwy77 North
- To Edmond on the Broadway Extension
- In Downtown Edmond, turn East or Right onto 1st Street
- Go 4 blocks to the corner of First and University