The Cider Mill of Zoar Bed and Breakfast
The Cider Mill Bed & Breakfast welcomes you to stay with us in our historic 1863 Cider Mill. Come climb the spiral staircase to the upper level and choose from four uniquely decorated period rooms, each with its own private bath. Enjoy a scrumptious gourmet breakfast in the dinning room. In the evening, come sit around the fireplace or if weather permits enjoy or very private screended porch and munch on homemade cookies and a selection of beverages, including cider.
Common Areas & Amenities
Screened Porch, Deck ,Great Room, Living Room, Card Room, Study Area/Computer Room, Wireless Internet Access,
CD Player, Fireplaces, Cable TV, Bikes, Robes and Keruigs and Massage & Spa Services Available
The Cider Mill Gift Shop and Bed & Breakfast is filled with old-world charm and rustic ambiance, You will enjoy the many antiques and collections that adorn the Mill. The aisles of the gift shop are filled with one of the most extensive collections of American artisans as well as reproductions.Take your time and browse the aisles to discover Yellowware, Redware, Bellsnickles, Primitives, antiques, folk art collections, seasonal holiday treasures, quilts, furniture and so much more. In harmony with nature and the quaint Village of Zoar, the Cider Mill offers homespun delights around every corner. Shop Hours: Winter, Closed Jan,-March, Open Thursday- Saturday: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Sunday-Wednesday by chance or appointment.
Meet The Innkeepers:
We, Sondra and Patrick Ragon, along with our toy poodle, welcome you to the Cider Mill Gift and Antique Shop and Bed and Breakfast. We are both professional educators. Patrick, my husband, has a doctorate in education and a masters in divinity. I am a reading specialist. I am also a gourmet cook and primitive reproduction crafter and will offer classes in cooking, as well as, rug hooking and knitting. Welcome to the Cider Mill. If you are interested in rug hooking. Zoar rug hookers meet at the Cider Mill every fourth Thursday of the Month for a hook-in.
- From the north & south, take 77 to exit 93 Bolivar, Zoar exit.
- Turn east onto Route 212 east.
- Continue for 3 miles to Zoar Village.
- We are located on Second Street, directly behind the Zoar Hotel.
- We are near the towpath for biking ( 4 bikes are available), hiking, and antiquing in nearby towns.
Things To Do In And Around Zoar
Founded in 1817 by a group of German Separatists, Zoar today is an island of old-world charm in eastern central Ohio. Visitors can experience the life of the agrarian Separatists by visiting this state memorial. The Cider Mill lies on the edge of the village.
- Hike or Bike the Ohio Canal Towpath
- Canoe or Kayak the Tuscarawas River
- Golf the Zoar Golf Course
- Visit Wilkshire Golf Clubs
- Explore the many village botanical gardens such as the Zoar Arboretum
- Take a Ghost Tour (The Indian haunts the Cider Mill)
- Dine at Georgio's Grill, The Pointe Cafe, or the Firehouse Grill & Pub.
- Visit the Football Hall of Fame (15 minutes north)
- Enjoy water sports at Atwood Lake (20 minutes east)
- Visit Warther's Museum (20 minutes south)
- Enjoy Amish Country. (The gateway is just 30 minutes away).
- Visit our Gift Shop for the perfect gift or antique.
- Visit Tuscora Park
- Or just relax on the deck of the Cider Mill and enjoy the peace and tranquility!