Market Street Inn
Table Of Contents
Located in downtown Wooster, the 1897 historic landmark, 3-story Victorian Market Street Inn features original woodwork, hardwood and parquet floors, spectacular period stained-glass windows, and restored embossed ceilings. The Inn has 5-guest rooms all with private baths (3 ensuite) and sumptuous linens and bedding. Enjoy the peaceful sitting room on the first floor or retire to your private luxury suite. A full gourmet breakfast is served daily, featuring fresh baked pastries, fruit and homemade granola.
The Inn is walking distance to The College of Wooster and great downtown restaurants such as South Market Bistro, City Center Steakhouse, Broken Rocks Cafe & Bakery, and the Olde Jaol Brewing Co. If Amish Country is your passion, we are just a 20 minute drive away from the Nation's largest Amish community.
About the Inn
The property is a vintage home built in a prosperous residential neighborhood in 1897 by Walter D. Foss, a longtime president of the Wooster Brush Company and a leading business man. In 1926, Mr. Foss gifted his home to Zion Lutheran Church to be used as an annex. Earl and Marie Shaffter purchased the home in 1942 and used it as their residence and Mrs. Shaffter's law office. Douglas and Jamie Klingelhoefer purchased the house in 1995 and completed its painstaking period restoration and opened the Bed and Breakfast.
We will do all we can at the Market Street Inn to make your stay complete and comfortable. We are pleased to offer a wide variety of amenities.
- We provide a full complimentary breakfast
- We can prepare food for restrictive diets with an advance notice
- In a hurry? We can prepare an express breakfast for business travelers
- Coffee and tea service each morning
- Cork screw and wine glasses available
- Honeymooners breakfast in room available the first night of your stay
- Heated tile floors in The Lincoln Room, The Gilmour Room, and The Lydian Room
- Luxurious robes and high quality towels available
- Bath & Body Works custom herbal soaps & shampoo
- Cable television
- Free high speed Wifi
- Twin beds can be added to The Lincoln Room, The Bexley Room, and The Lewis Room
- Grand front porch
- Resident innkeepers on site for your service
- We also offer onsite Spa Treatments
- And many more visit our website to see them all
A full breakfast is served daily. We offer our guests handmade creations, using the freshest ingredients while supporting local farmers and producers. Breakfast includes our fresh baked daily pastry basket with featured scone of the day, fresh fruit, handmade granola, yogurt and our gourmet entree and starter of the day.
About the Owners
Allan and Jayne Churchmack are the proud new owners of The Market Street Inn. Since marrying in 1982, Allan and Jayne have planned and worked towards fulfilling their lifelong dream of having a second career of owning and operating a Bed and Breakfast. In preparation for pursuing this business venture, Jayne has obtained her Pastry Chef Certificate from the International Culinary Arts & Science Institute.