Table Of Contents
Welcome to Morning Glory Suite!
Looking for a quiet escape in the heart of Ohio's Amish country? We invite you to enjoy a stay in our completely private, four-room suite overlooking the beautiful, rolling hills of Holmes County, Ohio.
The suite's tasteful decor includes many antiques — old paneled doors, hardware, and dishes — to make this meticulously clean retreat seem like a cozy cottage from simpler days.
The Morning Glory Suite is located between Sugarcreek and Walnut Creek, just a short drive to many shops and restaurants. Ask us for directions to nearby restaurants and gift shops where you will experience the best Amish-style cooking and interesting shops.
- Private — Private entrance features a shaded 2nd story deck with table and chairs so you can enjoy your morning tea or coffee with a view of neighboring fields; you may even see an Amish horse and buggy go clip-clopping by! Private thermostat allows you to keep the heat/AC at the temperature you prefer.
- Kitchen — Your own cozy kitchen, complete with refrigerator, sink, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, coffee maker and lovely English dishes and an assortment of glasses and stemware
- Bedroom — Queen bed fitted with down feather pillows and high thread-count sheets, writing desk, and large windows offering spectacular views of ever-changing fields and valleys. Alarm clock with iPod dock/charger.
- Bathroom — Clean, spacious, and light with a whirlpool tub and shower and stocked with soft towels, shampoo and hair dryer
- Living Room — Comfortable seating with a sofa that opens to become another queen bed
- Non-Smoking — For the comfort of all our guests, smoking is not permitted in the suite
- Entertainment — Listen to music, curl up on the sofa with a magazine, check out satellite television on the LCD TV, watch a movie on the DVD/VHS player, surf the web or check e-mail via wireless internet (if you have a wireless-equipped laptop), or simply take a stroll along a quiet country road
- Breakfast — Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juice, cereal, and milk as well as fresh fruit and thick slices of locally baked cinnamon bread are provided for a private continental breakfast at your convenience
What our guests have said...
"The suite is lovely, the views spectacular, and the hosts most kind."
"We enjoyed all the nice touches... the magazines, CDs, tea. What beautiful views when you open your eyes in the morning!"
"This was by far the cleanest and nicest place we have stayed while visiting Amish country."
The Morning Glory Suite is located at 1284 County Road 140 (also known as Cherry Ridge Drive). If you have any problems finding us, please call (330) 852-9226.
From I-77 (Dover exit):
Take Route 39 west about 8 miles to Sugarcreek. Stay on route 39 through town. After the second traffic light, turn left at the first road — Cherry Ridge Drive. (Disregard the house numbers when you first turn onto Cherry Ridge Drive, you are not in Holmes County yet.) Travel 8/10 of a mile, passing the county line, to Morning Glory Suite on your left. There is a sign on the mailbox.
From Walnut Creek (intersection of Route 39 and Route 515):
Travel east on Route 39 for 3.1 miles to the crossroad at Township Road 420. Turn right on TR 420 and go 1/10 of a mile to the stop sign at County Road 140. Turn left on CR 140 and travel 9/10 of a mile to Morning Glory Suite. After you pass a new log home on the left, ours is the next house on the right. There is a sign on the mailbox.