Wright House Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
IntroductionThe Jonathan Wright House was built for the founder of Springboro in 1815 and is the oldest home in Springboro. The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a documented Under Ground Railroad site with one of the most authentic slave hiding places in the state of Ohio.The spacious entry to the house features wood plank floors, nine foot doors, and a curved floating staircase. The home is furnished with antiques including a pump organ, victrola, player piano, and oriental rugs. Wright House Bed and Breakfast offers guest rooms with King Size accommodations, private baths, wood plank floors, writing desks, and TV's. One guest bath features an antique claw foot tub with shower.The spacious entry to the house features wood plank floors, nine foot doors, and a curved floating staircase.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Sterling Gardner for sharing his own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
The home was built in 1815 and has the most authentic undisturbed slave hiding place in the nation. Wegive a personal guided tour of the home which includes the Underground Railroad.
What are you best known for?
Tours of the Underground Railroad along with great gourmet breakfast and tea time!
What makes your inn unique?
We are on the National Register for Historical Homes and the home is completely furnished with period decor. The historical background for the Underground Railroad, along with our private patios and beautiful gardens.
What do you love most about your inn?
We offer 5 Star Service and we have been able to meet wonderful folks from all over the world including Africa, Australia, The Netherlands, England and other countries!
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Our unique Historical District is on the National Register and we have a great walking tour brochure that allows guests to learn all about the early history of Springboro.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
"You absolutely made us feel like family!"
"Your quiche was the best we have ever tasted!"
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
The quaint shops, small restaurants and our central location to both Cincinnati and Dayton, OH.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
The 4th largest dinner theater, LaComedia, for a wonderful theatrical evening, the Wright Patterson Air Force Aviation Museum, The Dayton Peace Museum, Paramount Kings Island Theme Park for all ages to have a thrilling time and Waynesville which is the Antique Capital of the Midwest for antique shopping! The really brave can go zip lining along the scenic river!
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Yes, antique shopping, beauty shops, dress shops, museums, restaurants, wine cafe, ice cream shop, parks and churches.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Heather's Restaurant has great food and an outdoor patio and live music on Thursday and Friday night. Also, Ambiance Wine Cafe/Bar for dinner as they too have special entertainment on Friday nights and the food is great.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
The Springboro Chamber of Commerce along with the City of Springboro Website.
How many rooms does your inn have?
Do you accept pets?
We can provide service providers if you book.
The home is furnished with antiques including:
- Pump Organ
- Player Piano
- Oriental rugs
Wright House Bed and Breakfast offers guest rooms with:
- King Size Accommodations
- Private Baths
- Wood Plank floors
- Writing Desks
- One guest bath that features an antique claw foot tub with shower
Rates and Policies
- King size sleeping accommodations from $105 - $135/night
- A deposit is required to confirm a reservation
- Visa and MasterCard are accepted
- 72 hour cancellation notice required
- Check-in: after 1:00 pm, Check-out: 11:00 am
- Gourmet breakfast included; high tea served at 4 pm
- Tours of the home are available with reservations for $5.00 per person minimum of $25.00
- We are a nonsmoking facility
- We offer senior citizen discounts
Wright House Bed and Breakfast is located:
- One block from old historic downtown Springboro, which is also on the National Historic Register
Springboro is in close proximity to:
- Major antique shopping in Waynesville and Lebanon
- Paramount's Kings Island Amusement Park
- Caesar's Creek Lake State Park
- The Scenic Little Miami River Bike Trail
Located in the Heart of Historic Springboro, Ohio!
- 722 North Main St, Springboro
- (937) 748-8900. Open
- Open Mon—Sat 11am-8pm. Closed Sun
- Lunch and dinner menus
Boston Stoker at Dorothy Lane Market
- 740 North Main St, Springboro
- (937) 748-6800
- Open Mon-Sat, 6am-8pm, Sun 6am-7pm
Buffalo Wild Wings
- 774 North Main St, Springboro
- (937) 748-0401
- Open Sun: 11am to 12am Mon-Thurs: 11am to 1am Fri-Sat: 11am to 2:30am
- 5 East Franklin St, Centerville
- (937) 312-1350
- Open 7 days, 10:30am-10:00pm
Cold Stone Creamery
- 754 North Main Street, Springboro
- (937) 748-0044
- Open 7 days, 12noon– 9:30pm or 10:30pm
Domino’s,64 West Eleanor Drive, Springboro
- (937) 746-1005
- Open 7 days, Sun—Thur 10:30-12midnight, Fri-Sat 10:30-1am
Donatos,764 Gardner Road, Springboro
- (937) 748-8686
- Open Sun-Thur 11am-11pm, Fri- Sat 11am-12 midnight
Donut Haus & Bakery, 305 West Central Avenue, Springboro
- (937) 748-0380
- Open Mon –Thurs 5am-9pm, Fri 5am-9:30pm, Sat 6am-9:30pm, Sun 6am-9pm
Dorothy Lane Market
- 740 North Main Street, Springboro
- (937) 748-6800
- Open 7 days, 6am-11pm
Things To Do
- La Comedia Dinner Theater
- Self-Guided Walking Tour
- Jonathan Wright House
- Friesinger's Candy Factory
- Springboro Christmas Festival
- 1911 Wright "B" Flyer Museum
- Historic District on Main Street
- Marketplace at Settler’s Walk Shopping Center
- The Beach Waterpark
- Ozone Zipline