The Barn Inn Bed & Breakfast
Amish Meal in Home
Enjoy an authentic Amish home-cooked meal Monday through Saturday, year around. As wonderful as our local restaurants are, no Amish style cooking restaurant matches the feel and flavors of a meal in an Amish home. Come and enjoy the reality of this special people group. You need not take a tour for this experience. The meal includes two types of meats, mashed potatoes, noodles, vegetable, a side salad, rolls, Amish peanut butter spread, beverage, and dessert. Served family style, the food is passed twice. A cookbook is also provided. This dinner requires a minimum of 8 guests. The Barn Inn Bed and Breakfast may arrange for our guests to join others to meet the minimum. If you want this meal, please call us, preferrably 10 days in advance so that we can contact our other registered guests to promote this special dinner.
After the meal the family typically shares a little bit about their livlihood and answers general questions; however, are a bit reticent to speak about their culture or religion. If they have children, they will help serve the meal and sometimes sing a few songs. Tip for the children is graciously received; however, tip for the meal is included in the $25 meal cost.
Cost - Over 12 years of age - $25, plus room price for Barn Inn stay
- Fire Ridge Golf Course located 2.5 miles from the Barn and features 6,296 yards of golf. Receive a $5 discount when we call and book your appointment.
- Black Diamond Golf Course, located 9 miles south of the Barn, is set in the beautiful country side of Holmes County. Receive a $7 discount when we call and book your appointment.
- Willandale Golf Course located 17.5 miles east of the Barn in Sugarcreek. This course features 27 holes to play on over 166 acres of farmland.
- Round Lake Golf Course located 20.6 miles from the Barn in Lakeville and features a full-length 9-hole course perfect for all ages.
Give us the pleasure of doing the work for you! We would be happy to call and set up tee times at any of our local golf courses for you. Choose between:
Spoiled Rotten!!! Weekend PackagePrice from: $160
Spoiled Rotten Weekend Package Book a two-night stay with the one you love and be truly spoiled. Upon arrival you will find in your room, a 1-pound box of assorted Coblentz fine chocolates and a Breckenridge Sparkling Golden Peach Juice and Cheese Basket including Baby Swiss Cheese, crackers, and fine cashews.
Shop Holmes County, then upon returning to The Barn Inn, let us spoil each of you with a 30-minute foot massage by a licensed reflexologist.
On the evening of your preference, we will bring hors d'oeuvres to your room.
Price: Cost of room of choice plus $160.00 (couple) and one week advanced notice.
Flowers, Chocolate, Cheese, & Crackers
Roasted deluxe cashew/nut mix and Dutch chocolate-covered pretzels $15.00
Chocolate covered pretzels $5.00
One half-pound assorted fine chocolates $8.00
Cake for two (white or chocolate) $15.00
Cake for two (white or chocolate) with card $18.00
Cheese, cracker, & fruit platter $18.00
Dining out at the Inn at Honey Run $60.00
Sparkling juice $6.00
Sparkling Juice and 2 wine glasses $18.00
Flowers (48 hour notice on all) Garden Mix $37.50
One dozen carnations in a vase $37.50
Single rose in bud vase $11.00
Three roses in bud vase $20.00
One dozen roses in vase $59.00
A pair of The Barn Inn souvenir wine glasses $12.00
(Cost of roses is higher in certain holiday seasons, such as Valentine's Day.)
2-Hour Amish Heartland Tour
This tour departs promptly at 12:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. from Holmes County's Amish Flea Market. (Located 1/2 mile East of Berlin on SR 39)
The two-hour tour takes you along the scenic backroads and stops at the businesses of Amish artisans. (Artisans may vary by day)
Cost: $29 per person, Ages 12 and over, Ages 4-7, $15, Ages 8-11, $25, plus price of Barn Inn stay
Meal: Add a meal in an Amish home for an additional $25 per person for the 3:00 PM tour. Call for children's meal prices. No charge for 2 and under.
Available Thursday, Friday, Saturday ~ April-November
Savor the Flavors Tour
- Amish Bakery ~ Enjoy the aromas of freshly baked pastries, fry pies, cheese tarts, spices and bulk foods. Each person will receive an apple fritter or glazed donut and a cup of coffee.
- Guggisberg Swiss Cheese ~ Original Baby Swiss Cheese was developed in Holmes County by the Guggisberg family.
- Chocolate Shoppe ~ Soothe you senses with samples of confections. You will receive a small box of chocolates.
- Hotel Millersburg ~ You will enjoy a cup of Beer Cheese Soup and sample Trail Bologna, enjoy veggies and soft drink in this historic stagecoach stop restaurant
- Amish Country Essentials ~ You'll enjoy shopping where all items are locally made; soap making, crafts, and shopping in village of Millersburg
- Wine Samples ~ Visit one of our fine local wineries with up to 3 free samples to those age 21 and over.
- Conclude the tour at Walnut Creek Cheese ~ Offering many samples of jams, sauces, smoke meats, bulk spices, and a free ice cream cone flavor or choice
This tour is available Tuesday and Thursday, year 'round. Enjoy the pleasures of sampling many foods original to Holmes County Ohio on this newly introduced tour!
9:30 Tour departs from the Walnut Creek Cheese parking lot, 4169 Rt 39
Advanced Reservations are required. Adults, 21 years of age and over, price - $79 plus price of Barn Inn stay
A minimum of 8 guests are required for this tour. We would be happy to publicize a particular tour date with our other guests if we need more people for the tour. Plenty of advance notice will help us fill the tour.
Classic Barn Inn Cheese Assortment BasketPrice from: $45
- bottle of sparkling Breckenridge peach juice
- three award-winning cheeses
- Troyer's Trail Bologna
- gourmet mustard
- hand-dipped chocolates
A top-selling box filled to the brim with all the local Amish favorites!
Upon request, we will write a custom note to you loved one with your name signed. Please order at least three days in advance.
Cost: price of room, plus $45.
Side-By-Side Couple's Massage PackagePrice from: $85
Forget the world outside and abandon your hectic schedules for a fabulous one-hour couple's in-room massage. You and your partner can relax with simultaneous massages by certified and licensed massage therapists--$170 per couple. Please give adequate notice to schedule this fine amenity. Call now for availability.
Individual Massage: $85
Breckenridge Sparkling Juice & Cheese BasketPrice from: $55
First Crush Sparkling Juice & Cheese Basket This basket selection offers a bottle of full-flavored non-alcoholic Breckenridge Sparking Peach Juice, Holmes County Guggisberg Baby Swiss Cheese, two specialty cheeses, crackers, fine cashews, 1 lb assorted chocolates, a selection of Holmes County Jams and spreads, and fresh fruit equaling a value of $55. Please order at least three days in advance.
Cost: Price of room plus $55.00.
- Gift certificates have a three year expiration.
- Gift certificates are transferable, but may not be redeemed for cash or replaced if lost or stolen.
Gift certificates make the perfect gift for anyone for any occasion. Personalized gift certificates are available in any desired amount.
For more information or to order gift certificates, please call 877-674-7600 or visit our Gift Certificate page.