Bigham House Bed and Breakfast
Table Of Contents
A Bed & Breakfast in Victorian elegance, The Bigham House Inn is located in Millersburg, Ohio.
This 19th century Bed & Breakfast sits on a quiet street in the heart of the largest Amish settlement in the world, Holmes County, Ohio.
In the heart of Amish Country, we are only minutes from the local attractions, yet miles away from the rush of the everyday world, for a truly memorable getaway.
As you enter the Bigham House Bed & Breakfast, you will step back in time to a bygone era of Victorian elegance. Each guest room has a private bath, cable tv, sitting area, queen-size bed, air conditioning and other luxuries which make it unique.
Call 330-231-6819 for Availability
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Dick Horton for sharing his own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Inn is centrally located in Millersburg, the county seat, to points of interest in Holmes County Amish Country.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
We are unique because of our historical significance. The Bigham House is a brick house built in 1869 by Dr. Jonathon Bigham, a surgeon in the civil war and a community leader.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
For the first time visitor, the Inn provides information on sites and activities that can be tailored to the visitor’s interests.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
The most often complements on the Bigham House are the spacious and QUIET rooms to relax in.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Scenic beauty of hills, valleys, and farmlands and its reminders of a bygone era.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Area sites include Roscoe village, wineries and wine tasting, Mohican canoe liveries, cheese and chocolate companies, and shopping extravaganza.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Our Inn is within walking distance to antique shops, restaurants, museums, and a scenic walking and bike trail. Amish buggies use the trail for transportation.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Amish home-style cooking throughout the area.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
Guided tours are available including Amish dining in an Amish home.
How many rooms does your inn have?
We have 4 bedroom suites each with private baths. Perfect for family groups or friends for renting the entire Inn.
Do you accept pets?
Sorry no pets.
Around the Inn
- Gather round the fire in the cool night fall evenings.
- Guests can make friends or renew friendships in the unique Gathering Space.
- Bigham Room
- The Honeymoon Suite
- Pontoon boat tour of Lake Buckhorn weather permitting
(additional pictures are available)
Gift Certificates are available.
Rails to Trails: Bring your bikes!
The train depot is only 3/10 mile from the Bigham House Inn Bed and Breakfast.
- The Holmes County Trail has 20 miles of trail open from the Fredericksburg to Killbuck. One lane is paved for biking, roller blading, walking, running, and wheelchairs, while the other lane is paved with chip and seal for horse drawn vehicles and horseback riding.
- Walk through Historic Downtown Millersburg. The Bigham House is a short walk to the downtown area for a versatile shopping experience.
- Antique or nostalgia lover? Don't miss the Holmes County Historical Victorian House, a magnificent Queen Anne, 28 room house, Let the Bigham House be your home base while you tour the area.
- Put together a friendly foursome and rent the Bigham House. The guys can golf at both of Holmes Counties 18 hole golf courses and the gals can shop in Historic Millersburg.
- 2 golf courses: Black Diamond Golf Course (6 miles south of the Bigham House); Fire Ridge Golf Course (2 miles east of the Bigham House)
Area Website Links
- Upcoming Chamber Events: www.HolmesCountyChamber.com
- Historic Roscoe Village: www.RoscoeVillage.com
- AMISH CULTURE TOURS: www.amishtoursofohio.com
- Homestead furniture in Mt. Hope ( This Amish handcrafted hardwood furniture is heirloom quality.)
- Loudonville Canoe Livery on the Mohican River: www.loudonvillecanoe.com/
- Breitenbach Winery: www.breitenbachwine.com
- Guggisberg Original Baby Swiss : www.guggisberg.com
- HEINI’S CHEESE CHALET: www.heinis.com
- Lehman's Products: www.lehmans.com
- Coblentz Chocolate Company: www.coblentzchocolates.com
- Warther Museum and Knife Factory: www.warthers.com
How to Find Us
There is ample parking on the South side of the House.
From the North:
Take State Route 83 to the square in Millersburg. Turn right on West Jackson street. Go one block and turn left on South Washington Street. We are two blocks on the left.
From the South:
Take State Routes 83 and 62 to the square in Millersburg. Turn left on West Jackson Street. Go one block and turn left on South Washington Street. We are two blocks on the left.
From the East:
Take State Routes 39 and 62 to the third traffic light in Millersburg. Turn left on South Washington Street. We are two blocks on the left.
From the West:
Take State Route 39 to the first traffic light in Millersburg. Turn right on South Washington Street. We are two blocks on the left.