His Majesty's Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
The perfect place to stay, located near many of Northeast Ohio's unique Wineries. Take a look at our Wine Lover's Tour & Romantic Getaway specials.
His Majesty's Bed & Breakfast is located in Madison, Ohio close to Northeast Ohio's many local wineries.
Our Bed & Breakfast has become a well recognized and beloved historic landmark in Madison Village. The Bed & Breakfast features three high Victorian guest rooms, each with a private bath.Guests are welcome to relax and unwind in the living room, where they can read, visit with friends or enjoy the fireplace. The front porch and private gardens are especially enjoyable during the spring and summer months.
As our guest, you will be treated to one of our signature breakfasts, freshly brewed coffee and, if you like, a freshly brewed pot of gourmet tea.
Come stay with us and enjoy unique country living in the midst of the Grand River Valley wine country.
His Majesty's Bed & Breakfast is a member of the following associations:
Ohio Bed & Breakfast Association
Ohio Hotel & Lodging Association
Professional Association of Innkeepers International (PAII)
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Laura Shimko for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Most of our guests stay here to visit the area wineries.
What are you best known for?
Definitely our gourmet breakfast!
What makes your inn unique?
Our B&B is unique because we are right on the square and we have a large yard with a garden.
What do you love most about your inn?
We love the quaintness of the B&B and sitting on the front porch.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Definitely the number one reason to visit this area is for its wineries and beautiful covered bridges.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
We had an Englishman & his wife stay with us and left us this compliment "As an Englishman, let me assure you that this is more English - and a much higher standard - than almost any B&B in England. My wife and I were treated to superb hospitality and a fabulous breakfast. And you know what? We'll be back."
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
People don't realize just how many wineries there are here. We have a vast number of wineries in many different styles.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Those staying for more than a weekend might like to visit Geneva on the Lake, the local wineries of course, check out the beautiful covered bridges in the area, play golf, go to the Rabbit Run Theater, stroll or exercise on the Lake Metro Parks walking trails, go antiquing and just spend their time relaxing.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
The village square (weekly concerts & car shows in the summer), Fine dining restaurant (The Vault), tavern, micro brewery, several small local stores on the main street in the square, diner for lunch are all within walking distance.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
The Vault is great for steak & Joey's Italian is great for Italian.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
Ohio Wine Producers www.ohiowines.org
Lake County Visitors Bureau - www.lakevisit.com
Madison Perry chamber of commerce - www.mpacc.org
Ashtabula County - www.visitashtabulacounty.com
Geneva Ohio - http://genevaohio.com/
How many rooms does your inn have?
We have 3 bedrooms, kitchen, dining room & living room.
Do you accept pets?
We do not accept pets. Guests can board their pets at North Ridge Veterinary Hospital, 6336 North Ridge Rd, Madison, OH 44057
Wine, dinner & dancing at the numerous Wineries
Cellar Rats Brewery
Red Eagle Distillery
Madison Village Main Street Shops
Close to 4 popular OHIO Birding Sites
Summer concerts in the park on the square
Vintage Car Rallies
Famed Ashtabula Covered and Lift Bridges
Recitals at Rabbit Run Community Center
Live stage perfomances at Rabbit Run Theater
Hot Air Balloon Rides at Debonne Vineyards
A Note from the Innkeepers - Norm and Laura Shimko
We have been married since 1988 and have 3 wonderful daughters, Katie, Emily and Meghan. We are also the proud grandparents of 2 beautiful boys, Logan and Liam.
As owners and innkeepers of His Majesty's Bed & Breakfast, our goal is to provide you with an enjoyable and memorable experience. We look forward to meeting you!
- Queen Size Bed
- Air Conditioning
- Fireplace (living room & The Royal Suite)
- Private Bath
- Jetted Tub (The Royal Suite)
- House Telephone
- Radio Alarm Clock
- Board Games, Chess & cards
- Microwave & Refrigerator (in house kitchen)
- Homemade baked goods & snacks
- Large selection of gourmet teas
How To Find Us
From the West we are thirty minutes from downtown Cleveland, Ohio.
From the East we are fifty-five minutes from Erie, PA.
Take I-90 to, Exit 212 north. We are just 9 tenth of a mile north
His Majesty's Bed & Breakfast is just off Route 528 one block before the traffic light turn right onto Park Street. The B&B is at the bend in the road.
Area Website Links...
- Madison Village - www.madisonvillage.org
- Lake County Visitors Bureau - www.lakevisit.com
- Madison-Perry Area Chamber of Commerce - www.mpacc.org
- Old Firehouse Winery, Geneva-on-the-Lake Ohio - www.oldfirehousewinery.com
- Harpersfield Winery (3.3mi) - www.harpersfield.com
- St. Joseph Vineyard (4.0mi) - www.saintjosephvineyard.com
- Maple Ridge Vineyards (4.5mi) - www.mapleridgevineyard.com
- Chalet Debonne Vineyards (5.0mi) - www.debonne.com
- Grand River Cellars (4.0mi) - www.grandrivercellars.com
- Ferrante Winery & Risturante (6.0mi) - www.ferrantewinery.com
- South River Vineyard (6.1mi) - www.southrivervineyard.com
- Laurello Vineyards (7.2mi) - www.laurellovineyards.com
- Northeast Ohio Wine Trails - www.myohiowine.com/winetrails/winetrails.asp?WinetrailID=1
- Ohio Birding sites - http://www.ohiobirds.org
- Rabbit Run Theater - www.rabbitrunonline.org/
- The Winery at Spring Hill - www.thewineryatspringhill.com/
- The Vault Steakhouse & Wine Bar- www.vaultsteakhouse/com
- Cornerstone Brewery & Restuarant- www.cornerstonebrewing.com/
- Petals Flowers & Gifts - www.petalsflowersofmadison.com/