Alexandra's Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Alexandra's Bed and Breakfast was originally known as the Cheseldine House and was built in late 1850's by the Cheseldine Family. This historic home in Madison County is located on Main Street in downtown London, Ohio, located less than 30 minutes from Columbus, Springfield, and 45 minutes from Dayton Ohio. This Ohio bed and breakfast is a spacious house with 16 rooms and includes 3 bedrooms and 2 suites in the main house. There's also 2 Carriage Houses and a Cottage House, all with private baths.
Additionally there is an American Youth Hostel accommodations located on the property. Available for both short and long-term rental for groups up to 20. The attached Carriage House is available for an additional fee and is ideal for those who enjoy mountain biking, on the Rails to Trails, or who prefer additional privacy, including use of the Jacuzzi tub.
Located on the Rails to Trails Bike Path near Columbus, Dayton and Springfield, the B&B was selected as winner of a number of National Awards citing it as one of the top Bed and Breakfasts in the country.
Alexandra's Bed and Breakfast was established in 1999 by Ron & Susan Brown. Its Victorian decor and beautiful antiques create a unique and peaceful atmosphere. Whether you want to get away for a relaxing romantic weekend getaway, celebrate an anniversary or wedding, organize a company retreat, or simply spend a night while traveling, Alexandra's is truly picture perfect in every way.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Susan and Ron Brown for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Most persons stay because of a special occasion. Reunion, anniversary, special occasion etc. Certainly travelers.We do have longer term stays in our units with kitchens.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
We are best known for the beauty of the facility, the antiques, the historic aspect. We love the communication and different personalities that visit from all walks of life.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
The main reason to stay is that our facility is the most elegant and comfortable lodging in the area.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
The best compliment is that the BB is a warm inviting and beautiful place to stay.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
The biggest secret is that within short distances there are so many things to visit and do.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
The Columbus Zoo, Dayton Air Force museum, Clifton Mill, Yellow springs, German Village, Ohio Caverns, antique shopping, outlet malls and more.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
The historic downtown is with one block and is list on the national Historic Registry.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Favorite dining: Rothwells, Los Mariachi's, and the Historic Red Brick Tavern.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
How many rooms does your inn have?
Two carriage houses, 10 bunk youth hostel, the main house has 5 units.
Do you accept pets?
We do not accept pets. We do have vets nearby that will board.
Alexandra's Weddings are Special
When planning your central Ohio wedding or honeymoon, please keep Alexandra's and our romantic wedding package in mind - it's like stepping back in time! We're just a short drive from Columbus, Springfield and Dayton in London OH.
Our capacity for an inside wedding is 35 persons, and 125 for an outside wedding. The cost will vary depending on your needs. Most of our weddings range from $475 to $5000.
Wedding Facility Rental Usage
- All Weddings concluded prior to 3:30 PM are not required to rent the rooms in the main house
Site Fee Charges
- Based on number of persons attending: prior to 3:30 PM / after 3:30 PM under 50 persons: $475 / $675
- 50-100 people: $575 / $775
- 100-150 people: $675 / $875
- Site fee includes tables, chairs, and two tents
- Weddings concluded after 3:30 PM must include rental of all rooms in the main house (and Carriage House 1) cost $935
- Include dining from our commercial kitchen
- Ranging from $15.75 to $28.00 per person
- The facility can be used for the wedding ceremony, rehearsal dinner and the reception
- Many guests have a brunch the morning after the wedding and family members return for a special send-off of the bride and groom to their special new life together
- The house is continuously decorated, but you may wish to personally add decorations
- Must be concluded by 9PM at your discretion with the collaboration of Alexandra's
- We have a fully licensed commercial kitchen
- Full catering is available for all events-be sure and look over our menu for details
- We would be happy to arrange a free consultation and tour of our Bed & Breakfast for you (This will give you a better idea of what we have to offer and how we can serve you)
Alexandra's dining area, state of the art kitchen and the unique atmosphere provide a picture perfect setting for your next dinner party or corporate event.
- Business luncheons
- Corporate retreats
- Corporate retreats
- Dinner meetings
- Holiday parties
- Rehearsal dinners
Dining at Alexandra's
- By reservation only, 15 person minimum group size
- Catering by Rothwell's, please call us at 740-852-5993 for reservation
- Coffee, tea, pop, and salad are included
- Dessert is also included except at weddings; prices range from $15.75 to $30.00 per person)
- Chicken proscuitto
- Lemon chicken
- Chicken parmesan
- Herb roasted pork loin
- Hickory smoked glazed ham
- Old fashioned pot roast
- Prime rib of beef
- Rothwell's meatloaf
- Roast turkey
- Citrus glazed salmon
- Miso glaszed sea bass (market price)
- Chicken alfredo
- Greek vegetable farfalle
- 2 entrees from the above menu paired with our Chef's choice of starch and vegetable
- Served with tossed garden salad
- Warm rolls and butter
Nearby Attractions in London Offers
- Historic Downtown London
- London Strawberry Festival
- London Jazz and Rib Festival
- Madison County Historical Museum
- Community Parks
- Biking Trails
- National Golf Links, National Road Golf Course
- Historic Clifton Mill / Yellow Springs
- Westcott House, Frank Lloyd Wright
- John Bryan State Park (great hiking trails)
- Buck Creek State Park
- Madison Lake State Park
- Central Ohio Metro Parks
- Horse Back Riding
- Historic Red Brick Tavern (est. 1837, 6 Presidents have eaten here)
- Antique Malls: Heart of Ohio Antique Center and AAA I-70 Antique Mall (about 30 minutes away)
- Outlet Stores: Tanger Outlet Mall(25 minutes away)
- US Air Force Museum (45 minutes away)
- Columbus Museum of Art (35 minutes away)
- Columbus COSI (30 minutes away)
- Columbus Zoo and Water Park (40 minutes)
- German Village (Columbus)
- Paramount's Kings Island Amusement Park (60 minutes)
- Waynesville Antiques (45 minutes)
- London Strawberry Festival