Whispering Oaks Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Guest Rooms & Rates
The Willow Suite
A Victorian decorated room with a touch of romance and elegance. This large room has a queen size bed and a private bath with a Jacuzzi tub.
- Weekdays: $115
- Weekends: $125
The Evergreen Room
Almost like camping. Decorated for the person that loves the outdoors, but has all the indoor amenities. This room has a queen size bed.
- Weekdays: $85
- Weekends: $100
Royal Oak Room
The view from this room is a great way to wake up in the morning. Furnished with a queen size bed, cable flat screen TV with a DVD player, alarm clock, iron and board, fan and hairdryer.
For Business Travelers: Please ask us about our frequent guest rate
- Your stay with us will be very enjoyable. We take pride in the appearance and the cleanliness of our home. We are opening our home up to you because we enjoy entertaining guests and sharing our dream with others. We simply ask you to respect our policies. They were implemented for safety, sanitation and personal preference reasons. We choose to live a healthy lifestyle and we invite you to share our home and lifestyle with us.
- Payment Policy: A deposit of 50% is required at the time of reservation. The balance is due upon arrival. If you must cancel reservations, please call 7 days prior to date of arrival or the deposit will be retained by Whispering Oak's B&B. Our phone number is posted on this website. We accept credit cards, debit cards, bank money orders, checks or cash.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in our home. A $200.00 charge for any violation of this policy because of extra cleaning expenses. Smoking is permitted outside, but not in the pool or lake. Please dispose of cigarette buts in proper containers and do not throw on the ground. This is a hazard for wildlife, nature and the appearance of our property.
- Pet Policy: Dogs or cats may be placed in our kennel over night. No animals are permitted in the home or pool house at any time due to allergies and the safety of our guests. During the day, they can explore the property with you as long as they are on a leash. No animals allowed around the pool area but can swim in the lake. Owners are expected to clean up after their pets as soon as they do their business.
- We love children. We care so much for them that we invite well-behaved, parent supervised children over 12 years old to visit with you. This home is multi-level and dangerous for small children on our open stair case and loft area. The exterior of the property has many water features that are not guarded regularly. Only two guests per room, per fire code. Children must be mature enough to stay in their own room.
- Swimming Pool Rules: Only paying guests are invited to use our pool. Showers are required prior to entering the pool. No smoking, drinking or eating in pool. No glass containers around the pool area. No pets are permitted around pool or in pool. NO ONE SWIMS ALONE. NO DIVING, NO JUMPING OFF WATER FALL. Other pool rules are posted at the pool and a waiver must be signed prior to using pool.
Welcome to Whispering Oaks Bed & Breakfast, the most unique bed and breakfast experience you will find in this area. There are so many activities to choose from during your stay with us, you will stay entertained and relaxed. As you drive down the long county lane to our home, you will pass Lee's Lake on the left. If you enjoy fishing, this little lake is stocked with blue gill and bass fish, not to mention lots of frogs. We will even provide the fishing pole and bait for you. You may also use our kayak or paddle boat for a little exercise or to get a closer look at the fish.
We also have a heated swimming pool with a waterfall and slide. Pool towels are supplied. Pool is opened from Memorial weekend until Labor Day weekend. This beautiful pool has a pool house for convenient shower facility and changing area. There is also a shaded area that is attached for those that prefer some shade.
Whispering Oaks Bed and Breakfast was given this name because of the historical significance of the Whispering Oak Tree located at Fort St. Clair in Eaton, Ohio. There are also many Oak trees on the property. Fort St. Clair Park is located in Preble County, Ohio and is within a five mile distance to the bed and breakfast. Fort St Clair is one of seven forts built in 1792 by General Wayne's Legion. Today, this is a nice park with walking trails, picnic area and a beautiful display of Christmas lights, called "Whispering Christmas". Our historical, quaint little town is a great place to visit if you like relaxation, yet convenient to larger cities in Southwest Ohio or Eastern Indiana.
After all these activities, enjoy a quiet evening setting out by the water garden or by the lake. Once you decide to retire for the night, the sleeping experience will help you with a good night sleep so you can enjoy your refreshing walk in the woods the next morning. We provide high quality bed linens, pillows and quilts. You will feel like you have slept on a cloud.
Whispering Oaks Bed and Breakfast will be a night to remember. Our goal is to become your get-a-way home and keep you as a guest for as long as you enjoy traveling.
Guest Rooms are furnished with all the comforts of home. Each room has iron & ironing board, hairdryer, fan, extra blankets, alarm clock & TV and DVD Player, High quality bedding and queen size beds.
Feel free to use the pool & pool house. The pond for fishing, paddle boating or kayaking. The woods for walking trails.
Also Available For Your Use
Wireless internet, guest computer, fax machine, phone, CD Player, DVD Player, movies, library, games, pool floats, fishing poles and tackle supplies, iron and ironing board, hair dryers, snacks, teas and coffee. Guests have access to the recreation room with many books & DVD's to choose from. A work out room with weight station and cardiovascular equipment. Our cardio equipment includes; treadmill, recumbent bike, stair climber, elliptical, abdominal crunch and several more. If that is not enough equipment to complete your work out, the YMCA is around the corner from us. They charge a visitors fee but it is a very nice facility with indoor walking track and indoor pool.