The Augustus T. Zevely Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ann Lavinia Zevely Room
Queen-size Wachovia Windsor bed, closet, tub/shower, original board ceiling, Dutch double door, private entrance, 1856 addition, originally two rooms.
Ellen Sophia Zevely Room
Queen-size Vogler Tester bed, tub/shower, original board ceiling.
Lucinda Blum Zevely Room
Queen-size Wachovia Windsor bed, tub/shower, corner room, original framed in connecting room passage.
Augustus T. Zevely Room
King-size Carolina Backcountry bed, working fireplace, corner room, shower, original framed-in connecting room passage.
John Henry Zevely Room
Queen-size Salem Arch iron bed, corner room, tub/shower, original board ceiling.
Winter Kitchen Suite
(Master/Guest room can be rented separately)
Master: King-size Zevely bed, working cooking fireplace, tub/shower/whirlpool, exposed original lath and plaster, private entrance. Guest room with separate sitting room: Queen-size Salem Arch iron bed, tub/shower, original board ceiling, sofa, exposed original painted mortar joints, private entrance.
Gunpowder Magazine Room
Queen-size Salem Arch iron bed, exposed original timbers and hearth support, heated brick tile floor, shower, private entrance. Pets allowed
Copper Smithy Room
Queen and twin-size Wachovia Windsor beds, exposed original hearth support, heated brick tile floor, shower, meets ADA
Summer Kitchen Room
King-size Carolina Backcountry bed, working raised hearth cooking fireplace with bake oven, heated brick tile floor laid in original border pattern, exposed original lath and plaster, tub/shower, private entrance.
Henry Petticord Room
Queen-size Riverwood Poster bed, tub/shower/whirlpool, steam bath, refrigerator/freezer/microwave, window seats, exposed original brick and Petticord's name carving, garret end room.
David Blum Room
Queen- and twin-size Old Salem beds, tub/shower/whirlpool, steam bath, refrigerator/freezer/microwave, window seats, exposed original brick, garret end room.
Mary Malvina Zevely Room
Queen-size Vogler Tester bed, tub/shower, original board ceiling, Dutch double door, original chimney cap, private entrance, 1856 addition, originally two rooms
Rates & PoliciesRoom Rates Include:
Continental-plus breakfast during the week and a full, gourmet breakfast on weekends
Wine and cheese nightly
Coffee, tea, ice water throughout the day
Local telephone calls
The 12 rooms of the Inn are individually decorated to reflect their or the property's original uses. Each has a private bath, telephone, television, radio alarm clock, and built-in hair dryer. The furniture is Lexington Furniture Industries' Old Salem or Bob Timberlake collection. Ground floor rooms have radiant heated floors; all rooms have individually controlled heating/air conditioning.
Some rooms have working fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, steam baths and refrigerator/freezer/microwave units. One suite is available: it has a large bedroom with king-size bed, large cooking hearth fireplace and bath with shower/whirlpool tub, sitting room, and connecting guest room with queen-size bed and tub/shower bath.
Free parking is available on-site. The Salem Tavern, open for lunch and dinner, is located across the street and serves Moravian fare. Arrangements for tennis, swimming, golf or other nearby recreational pursuits can be made by the Innkeeper.
All rooms have outstanding views of Old Salem, North Carolina, and/or the period landscaped yard. Each room has a color television, radio alarm clock, telephone, hair dryer in bathroom, writing desk and individually controlled air conditioning and heating.Policies:
Advance deposit minimum one day up to 50% of reservation , either cash, credit card, or check is required to hold a reservation.
- Deposit, if not provided at time reservation is made, must be received within 7 calendar days.
- No charge for Friday, Saturday and holiday dates if reservation is canceled 14 days prior to scheduled arrival date.
- For all other days if cancellation is made 48 hours prior to scheduled arrival date.
- Otherwise, it is not refundable unless the room is rented to another guest.
Check-in: 3 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.; Check-out: 11 a.m., unless special arrangements are made.
- Baggage can be held in a secure area before or after these times.
- All rates are subject to a 13% tax: 7% for NC sales tax; 1% Forsyth County tax; and 5% city hotel occupancy tax.
- Restricted smoking permitted outside.
- MasterCard/Visa, American Express, Traveler's checks, personal checks with identification, and cash accepted.
- Children are welcome as long as they will respect the historic fabric of the building, the value of the antiques, and are sensitive to the presence of our other guests.
- Accommodations can be made for small pets. Extra charge is $15 per day per pet. Maximum of 2 pets per guest room. Arrangements must be made at time of reservation.
- Advance deposit minimum one day up to 50% of reservation , either cash, credit card, or check is required to hold a reservation.