The Bellevue Jr. Suite
With 18-foot ceilings, the Bellevue Jr. Suite is situated on the very private third floor of the mansion. The walls, decorated in French toile wallpaper wonderfully set off the four poster king size bed and Victorian fainting couch.
The Victorian claw foot soaking tub and separate large walk-in shower, both built for two, and a luxurious set of robes make this room perfect for a romantic get-a-way, honeymoon or anniversary celebration.
The Bridgers Bedroom
This was Elizabeth Bridgers' room when she completed construction of the mansion in 1906. It is a front corner room that overlooks the front gardens and walkways. It features a king size four poster bed, armoire, fireplace and leather easy chairs.
A large bathroom includes a Victorian clawfoot soaking tub with shower and robes for two.
The de Rosset Bedroom
The room is beautifully decorated in a warm gold and red color scheme. The room features a wooden canopied queen size bed and antique carved armoire. The fireplace and large windows make this a very bright and cheerful room.
The bathroom features hand painted ivy/flowers and clouds on the walls and ceiling, and includes a Victorian clawfoot soaking tub with shower, and a set of robes for two.
The St. Thomas Room
The elegant St. Thomas Room is decorated in yellow and green and beautifully appointed with period furnishings. A queen size carved four poster bed, fireplace and reading niche with original window seats complete the room.
The bathroom features a glass enclosed shower and a set of robes for two.
The Burgwin Wright Jr. Suite
A spectacularly large room decorated in soft greens, corals and cream. Some outstanding features of the sitting area include the original built-in window seats, fireplace, sofa, writing table and chairs. The junior suite also has a 4 poster King size bed, and two walk-in cedar closets.
The large bathroom has a Victorian clawfoot soaking tub with shower and a set of robes for two.
The Latimer Room
The Latimer Room is beautifully decorated in pleasant green and white. A fireplace, antique triple armoire and a king size sleigh bed makes this a very romantic room.
An elegant bathroom features tumbled stone, a walk-in shower, a champagne tub for two and a set of robes.
The Oleander Room
The Oleander Room is located on the very private third floor and decorated in pale green with black accents. It features a queen size four poster bed, 18-foot ceilings, and a Chippendale writing desk tucked under a beautiful window Palladian.
The dramatic black and white bathroom has a walk in shower for two, pedestal sink with tumbled stone and granite floor and a set of robes for two.
The St. James Bedroom
This front corner room overlooks the front gardens. The room is decorated in a gold and green color scheme and features a leather sleigh bed, fireplace, an antique dressing table and large walnut armoire.
The bath has a Victorian clawfoot soaking tub with shower and set of robes for two.
The Bellamy Jr. Suite
Located on the very private third floor, the elegant Bellamy Jr. Suite is beautifully decorated in subtle yellow and green and appointed with period furnishings. A king size bed and fireplace with built in side window seats make this one of the premier rooms at the inn.
The elegant bathroom includes a set of robes, and a champagne tub and a walk-in shower with glass walls, both built for two. The Bellamy Jr. Suite is the perfect choice for a honeymoon, anniversary, or a surprise romantic get-a-way with someone special.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Check-In/Check-Out: Check-In 4:00 PM-7:00 PM, Check-Out is 11:00 AM. Late check-in can be arranged with advance notice.
- Beverage Center: The beverage center is located on the first floor in the main hall and is available at any time of day or night. Guests may help themselves to a complimentary assortment of snacks and drinks including coffees, hot teas, hot chocolate and soft drinks.
- Continental breakfast items are available from 8:30 – 10:00 am with a full plated served breakfast available at any time between 8:30 and 9:30 am. To go breakfast is available for early departures.
- Cancellations: No email cancellations are accepted. All cancellations must be requested by phone. Seven days' notice is required for cancellations in order to receive a full refund, less a $25.00 cancellation fee per booking. Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to check-in will result in the full amount of the charges being assessed. All group bookings (3 or more rooms) made six months or more in advance must be guaranteed with a 50% deposit. Cancellations within 7 days of check-in will result in forfeiture of the deposit and the remaining balance being assessed. Cancellations outside of the 7 day cancellation notice period will result in forfeiture of the deposit only.
- Telephones: Each room is equipped with voice-mail and WiFi.
- Room-to-room: Dial room extension
- Local calls: Dial 9 then the number
- To get on-line: Simply turn on your WiFi enabled computer and connect to the internet as you would normally do.
- As the front desk is not attended after 9:00 pm, please give expected late night callers your extension and they can reach you by following the prompts.
- Fax Service: In-coming/out-going fax's can be sent/received from the front desk (charged at $1.00 first page and $.50 subsequent pages).
- In-Room Amenities: Each room has cable TV, WiFi, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, robes, and bath amenities provided for your convenience.
- In consideration of other guests and the historic nature of the inn, smoking is permitted only on the outside verandas.
- We can accommodate young ladies and gentlemen over the age of 12.
- Proper attire is required in all common areas of the inn.
- We can not accommodate pets, but we can recommend boarding facilities.
- Due to the historic nature of the inn and antiques, we ask that you refrain from smoking inside the inn, lighting candles in any of the guest rooms, and from drinking red wine.
- We accept all major credit cards, personal checks, and travelers checks.