Inn at Iris Meadows Bed and Breakfast
Mrs. Barber's Room
Named for a previous long-time owner and resident of the inn, Mrs. Barber's room is a guest favorite. Tucked around a hall turn just beyond the library on the inn’s first floor, the soft yellow room has a lovely queen bed and rose wing back chairs by an antique fireplace. Mrs. Barber’s private bath has a spacious whirlpool tub with a handheld shower.
Decorated in a warm rose motif, with accents of black and white toile, Mrs. Barber’s room includes a mirrored dressing table and an antique writing desk. An adjoining wet bar with refrigerator and coffee maker add to the intimacy of this wonderful room.
Summer Night's Dream Room
The Summer Night's Dream room is steeped in romance and charm. From the massive king half tester bed that centers the room to the sparkling chandelier in the private bath, the elegant furnishings of this room embrace you with luxury and romance.
The tapestries covering the comfortable chairs by the fireplace are woven with the words of Shakespeare's sonnets, butterflies, and dragonflies. Shakespeare's works grace the antique oak mantel.
The artful decorations of this room accent the romantic theme, with paintings of quaint cottages and pictures of Shakespearean lovers. For the light at heart, the movie Shakespeare in Love is available from the inn's library. A large floral rug, hand painted privacy screen and writing table by the windows add to the comfort and elegance of this room.
This room's spacious bath includes a bidet and has a large whirlpool tub with a shower. The romantic mood of the room is continued here with art and flowers. For your total privacy, the Summer Night's Dream room features an outside private entrance with a foyer from the inn's large back porch overlooking the meadows.
Butterfly Mornings Room
The Butterfly Mornings room is warm, welcoming, bright, and cheerful, reminding you to enjoy butterfly mornings and wildflower afternoons. A soft yellow with natural wood accents, this room has an elegant queen antique bed with extra pillows and needlepoint butterflies. An overstuffed chaise chair by the window invites you to put up your feet by the fire and snuggle in for a good long read, or perhaps a movie from the Iris Meadows library.
A comfy stuffed arm chair sits by the fireplace, which features hand painted tiles and carving. Spacious bookshelves provide ample reading selections. Located on the second floor of the inn, the Butterfly Mornings room overlooks the inn's rolling meadows and affords views of some of the grounds' most beautiful trees. Guests have been known to want to “sleep in” late here on quiet butterfly mornings. The private bath of this room is luxuriously appointed and often draws gasps of delight from first time guests. Its quiet elegance and wonderful chandelier lighting encourages guests to linger and to enjoy a relaxing soak after a day of adventure in the mountains. The large Jacuzzi tub is tucked into an alcove surrounded by columns and includes a handheld shower.
The faux-painted marble walls of this bath lend a true touch of splendor to an already perfect bath.
** All rooms have private ceramic tiled baths, newly refinished heart pine floors, working gas fireplaces, fluffy robes, hairdryers, irons and ironing boards, TV/VCR's, phone, and clock radios.
Garden View Room
Perhaps the inn's most luxurious room, the Garden View room is elegantly appointed, with great attention to details. A lovely antique bed graces the center of the room; a “fainting sofa” sits at the foot of the bed. A painted chest, a writing desk, and comfortable chairs assure guest relaxation and comfort.
A wide hallway to the bath doubles as a mirrored dressing area, complete with window seat. Located on the inn's second floor level, the Garden View room boasts it own “secret garden” of container plants (in season) on the private wrought iron balcony. Leaded glass arched windows rest above the doors to the balcony.
A gas fireplace with detailed woodwork completes the Garden View Room, making it a favorite of guests. A Garden View guest from the west coast sent a note that “We thank you for your outstanding hospitality. Your inn is without a doubt the most enchanting place we've ever stayed. We will be back soon.”
The slate floored balcony has a bistro table for two and is the perfect place for quiet intimate moments. The windows in the Garden View room are large and numerous and overlook the inn's perennial gardens, the rock garden and pond, and the rolling meadows beyond. Inspired by Tasha Tudor, the prolific artist and illustrator of Secret Garden fame, the room also affords perfect views of the perennial gardens' hollyhocks, foxgloves, and other cottage flowers often found in Tudor's paintings.
The large private bath of the Garden View Room is also a room with a view. Wrapping two sides of the inn, the bath has a lovely chandelier, a large Jacuzzi tub, a separate shower that includes a steam shower feature, and a gas fireplace. The shower is surrounded by tiled art pictures reminiscent of gentler times.
Firefly Summers Room
A king room with an outside private entrance, the Firefly Summers room provides maximum privacy. By the inn’s large terra cotta tiled back porch overlooking the expansive meadows, this room allows guests premium viewing of the extraordinary evening firefly light performances in the warm months. Of course, all seasons in the Iris Meadows offer splendid views throughout the colorful autumns, mild winters, lush springs, and cool summers.
The Firefly Summers room is spacious and comfortable, with large windows and plantation shutters. A glowing fireplace encourages you to relax, as does the large whirlpool tub with handheld shower in the private bath. Furniture in this room is of a grand scale, with detailed carved accents. There is a writing table by the windows, a large armoire, and comfortable seating. Art includes a large collage of irises on canvas.
Mountain Mornings Room
Sky blue walls and 3 large floor-to-ceiling windows with incredible views of the cityscape of Waynesville and the mountains gave rise to the name of the Mountain Mornings room. Guests report they love to wake up here. Decorated with antiques and nestled in the front right corner of the inn’s second floor, the room is adjacent to the upper porch where guests enjoy the wicker swing, settee, and rockers in quiet moments. A fluffy down comforter adorns the queen bed. The fireplace warms you in the winter while inviting you to curl up with that favorite novel for a true afternoon getaway. The room has an antique writing desk near the fireplace. A large armoire stows guest belongings and adds to the nostalgic ambiance of the room.
Perhaps the highlight of Mountain Mornings, the private bath is pristine white and blue and has a window with a view. The delightful alcove surrounding the spacious whirlpool tub with a hand held shower is accented by a wall sized hand painted mural which sets the tone for true relaxation.
Green Meadows Room
The Green Meadows room has twin beds and wraps the front left corner of the second floor of the inn, affording sweeping views of the inn's perennial gardens and meadows. The green walls of the Meadows room are the perfect backdrop for the lovely bird's eye maple mantel. The combination instantly surrounds you with comfort as you snuggle into the overstuffed arm chair or the wingback by the fire to read a book or watch a movie; both are available in the inn library.
Green Meadows desk by the windowOne guest remarked that she felt her cares fall away. A writing desk with a dragonfly chair invites you to sit by the window as you pen your correspondence, latest book, or journal. On a perfect night, with windows opened, guests are lulled by the sound of the pond's small waterfall in the rock garden below.
This room is adjacent to the second floor porch, where you will enjoy the breathtaking views as you swing in the wicker swing, or rock gently in one of the wicker rockers. The private bathroom has a large whirlpool tub and shower and has been elegantly designed for guest comfort.
- Rates range from $225 - $300 and are subject to change without notice.
- Reservations: Guest reservations must be guaranteed with advance deposit by check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover. One night’s deposit required for two night stays; for longer stays, one half of the total reservation is required. Most weekends, holidays, and October require a two-night minimum stay.
- Cancellation Policy: If you must cancel all or part of your reservation, your full deposit less 10% processing fee is refunded with 14 days minimum cancellation prior to your scheduled arrival. For holidays and October, there is a 21 day minimum cancellation period. If we rebook the room, $35 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations less than 14 (or 21 for holidays and October) days in advance. If the room is not rebooked, one night’s deposit will be charged for two night reservations, one half of total for three nights or more. Early departures, late arrivals, and rescheduling are included in the inn’s Cancellation Policy.
- No Smoking: No smoking is permitted inside or outside the inn; this includes the porches and grounds of the inn. All smoke cleaning costs, including lost revenue due to room shut down during extra cleaning, will be charged to the guest. Note that there is a minimum $500 charge for guest smoking anywhere on inn property.
- Candles may not be burned in guest rooms. No exceptions.
- Damages: While reasonable wear and tear is anticipated, negligent damages found to be the responsibility of a guest will be assessed and charged to the guest. This includes wet/damp towels or clothing placed on wooden furniture, floors, or doors. Please report all spills to innkeepers promptly.
- Children: The inn is generally not appropriate for children. If your party includes children, please let us know and we will try to assist you in finding appropriate accommodations.
- Pets: Dogs guests are welcome if arrangements are made at time of reservations, as our pet friendly accommodations are limited. Click here to read our pet policy.
- Check in: Between 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm. Other times may be accommodated with prior arrangements.
- Check out by 11:00 am.