The Moss House Bed and Breakfast
The Pamlico River Room
The newly updated Pamlico River Room is the largest of The Moss House guest rooms filled with warm soothing light and a view to the garden. You can rest between your daily adventures in the sitting area in a pair of cozy wing back chairs with a glass top table to set your snacks and drinks on. You can take a nap on the beautiful white iron bed with king mattress with all the pillows you could want to sink into. Your room has a large spacious master bath with a tub/shower combo and double sinks with a long counter. You are supplied with great amenities too! There are cozy robes, our wonderful soap and some bubble bath so you can unwind, along with all our “green” amenities offered in each room. Fresh flowers, chocolates on the nightstand, an alarm clock and a “sound” machine compliment each room, as well.
The Pamlico River Room and the Tar River Room connect through back-to-back closets to form The Bridge Suite. Two rooms, two beds, two baths, perfect for traveling families.
The Estuary provides a comfortable Queen bed with an antique headboard and plenty of pillows. Bed-side touch-on reading lamps, an alarm clock and a “sound” machine for your convenience and comfort, all set you up for a good nights sleep (oh yeah and chocolates too!). The sitting area features a desk and work space with Wi-Fi, as well as comfortable chairs for reading or watching the in-room HDTV.
The Estuary room is a little oasis with its greens and blues and nature oriented art work. The green tiled fireplace and mantle is original to the house. Your private bath with stall shower and a tiled floor has luxury “green” amenities, cozy robes and fluffy towels, so you can start your adventures relaxed.
The Anchorage Room is a guest favorite with a King bed and lots of extra pillows for your comfort! This deep toned and spacious guest room has a sitting area and deluxe private bath, with quality amenities for your relaxing moments. Chocolates will be at your bedside for you too!
Unwind in your two cozy chairs with a floor lamp and a drop leaf table for working on your laptop with free Wi-Fi or watching the HDTV in your room with a snack. The newly remodeled guest bath has a glass and tile shower with cozy robes and has that “spa feeling” for modern comfort.
The Tar River Room
This cozy room with it's dusky colors and relaxing garden feel, offers a Queen bed with extra pillows and bed side lamps for curling with a book at night or watching the HDTV ( you even have a DVD player in each room and movies available for you). The desk table works as a station for your laptop using our free Wi-Fi or as a dressing table before you go out for dinner and a stroll along the waterfront. Your private bath offers you a stall shower, original wood plank floor and a tall window for great natural light( check out the blue ceiling!). And like all our rooms, your stay in the Tar River Room includes our cozy robes to use and our signature “green” amenities (we recycle many of our fine products and strive for eco friendly packaging).
The Tar River Room and the Pamlico River Room connect through back-to-back closets to form The Bridge Suite. Two rooms, two beds, two baths, perfect for traveling families.
Policies and information from The Moss House B&B
- Check-in is from 3:00PM – 6:00PM ( we will accommodate other check –in times when possible)
- Check-out time is 11:00AM
- Sorry, but we cannot accommodate pets
- Children over the age of six with well behaved parents are welcome
- Smoking is restricted to the porches and garden for the comfort and safety of our guests.
- Only registered guests may stay in the rooms overnight
- Please note that all of our rooms are located on the Second Floor
- A credit card is required at the time of booking to guarantee the reservation
- You may confirm your reservation with your VISA, MC, or AMEX credit card
- A two night minimum may apply
- Extra person in room rate is $20 (we can add an extra bed to some but not all of our guest rooms)
- Please advise us if you have a gift certificate at the time of booking
- We offer corporate rates to business travelers, Sunday through Thursday, please call for rates
- Due to the small number of rooms we have, cancellations and shortened stays can affect us greatly
- Reservations shortened or cancelled 7 days or fewer prior to arrival will be responsible for the first night if we are unable to re-book the room (we will always try to rebook first)
- Group bookings and special events, require a 14- 30 day cancellation and may require a deposit 30 days in advance of the reservation for certain dates
- We reserve the right to charge the full amount of the reservation in the event of a no-show or last minute cancellation
- No refunds are issued for early departures
Please note that our parking/drive entrance is off of Second Street, and it is a one-way street, we are happy to send you directions to our off- street parking ahead of your reservation dates