Table Of Contents
In The Great Smoky Mountains Near Robbinsville, North Carolina
Nestled in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina, Appalachian Inn is a Log Home style Bed & Breakfast featuring five spacious guestrooms all with private baths. The home is furnished with our personally selected collection of antiques, as well as our very own hand-made furniture. The central Great Room houses a stunningly massive stacked-stone fireplace. The wrap around deck provides breathtaking mountain views. Located only minutes away from the Appalachian Trail, the Appalachian Inn is centered in a perfect area for those who choose outdoor adventure or prefer some rest and relaxation.
The Inn, our dream, is a true log home bed and breakfast. Sitting on top of a knoll overlooking the Stecoah Gap. The 360 degree views are breathtaking. Rooms are filled with primitive antique furniture along with several pieces faithfully hand-crafted by the innkeepers themselves.
- Great Room with a Wood Burning Fireplace For Relaxing or Reading
- Jacuzzi And Claw Foot Tubs In Several Rooms
- Rocking Chair Front Porch For Watching Sunsets
- Deck That Reaches The Trees And Overlooks Stecoah Valley
- Full Country Breakfast Will Leave You Hungry For Another Visit
- Cozy Loft Overlooks The Great Room With Two-Story Glass Prow
- Stay Connected With Free Wireless
- Home Cooked Dinners And Lunches Are Available
The new pavilion is a great spot to host weddings.
Drive Times and Mileage from the Inn (all mileage and times are approximate)
- Appalachian Trail 9/10 mile
- Robbinsville 8 miles/10 minutes
- Knoxville, TN 71 miles/2 hrs
- Asheville, NC 96 miles/2 hrs
- Chattanooga, TN 127 miles/2.5 hrs
- Atlanta, GA 160 miles/3 hrs
- Charlotte, NC 270 miles
Hiking, Fishing, Golf
Click on Attractions for Details and Links to Websites
The Inn Is Located Approximately 9 Miles North of Robbinsville, NC
I-75N to I-575N. I-575N turns into GA 515N, turn Left just North of Blue Ridge onto GA 60. Turn Right at Mineral Bluff onto GA Spur 60. GA Spur Dead-Ends into US 19/74E. Turn Right onto US 19/74E. Follow through Murphy, Andrews, and the Nantahala Gorge. Turn left upon leaving the Nantahala Gorge onto NC 28. Go through Stecoah and turn Left onto NC 143. Knoll Top is Approximately 1 Mile on the Left. (Approximately 3 hour drive time)
I-40W to NC 74W. NC 74W turns into NC 19/74W. Turn Right onto NC 28 just before Nantahala Gorge. Go through Stecoah and turn Left onto NC 143. Knoll Top is approximately 1 mile on the Left. (Approximately 2 hour drive time)
US 129S (Alcoa Hwy). Follow into Robbinsville, NC. Turn Left onto NC 143 (Sweetwater Road). Knoll Top is approximately 8 miles on Right. (Approximately 2 hour drive time)
Map Quest and some other mapping programs do not return our correct location at this time. Google Maps does have it correct.
Geo Code: 35° 37' 04.66 N, -83° 70' 46.36 W