Rosemary House Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Welcome to our gracious 1912 Colonial Revival Bed & Breakfast, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Located in historic Pittsboro, North Carolina. Near Chapel Hill and convenient to Raleigh and Durham. Rosemary House is the perfect choice for visitors to Pittsboro, with five gracious guest rooms, free wifi, and full breakfast served when you want it. Rosemary House Bed and Breakfast is named for the herb rosemary, traditionally the herb of friendship and remembrance.
There are plenty of quiet private spaces inside and outside. Our big front porch is shaded in the summer by gigantic sugar maples. The back porch is perfect for watching the birds at the feeder. Just outside the back porch is an herb and perennial garden where we've planted 150 daylilies from Oxford Gardens.
The town of Pittsboro is small, historic and charming. You can fill an afternoon browsing its antique shops, art gallery, and S&T's - a soda fountain that will take you back to the 40's. There are lots of things to do around Pittsboro. In 1912, Logan Womble, a Pittsboro businessman, built an impressive Colonial Revival house at 76 West Street. It stayed in the Womble family until the late '50's, when it was bought by Herb and Thelma Poole. Thelma worked in a hospital across the street, and when patients came from out of town to be treated, she and Herb offered them rooms in their home. The Poole house, as it was known, thus became a guest house. A couple of apartments were created and rented out as well. In February 2000, the innkeepers, Mac and Karen Pullen, bought the house from the Poole estate and began renovations. We added lots of bathrooms, heating and air conditioning, and over 100 gallons of paint. The B&B opened in November 2000.
From RDU Airport
- Take Aviation Parkway towards I-40 East and Raleigh
- Go straight, do not get on I-40, for five miles. ( Road changes name to Morrisville-Carpenter Road)
- Turn left onto Highway 55
- Go five miles to Highway 64 West, which is a left-lane turn
- Go 13 miles on 64 West to exit 386 (Business 64) into Pittsboro
- Go around the courthouse traffic circle, staying on Business 64, which is now called West Street
- The inn is the second house on the right after the circle
From Durham and Chapel Hill
- Take 15-501 South to Pittsboro
- Enter the courthouse traffic circle, and take the first right, which will be Business Highway 64, or West Street
- The B&B is the second house on the right
From Asheboro and points west
- Take Highway 64, exiting on Business 64 (exit 378) into Pittsboro
- The B&B is on the left just before you get to the courthouse traffic circle, across the street from the Methodist church
You may park on West Street or behind the house. To get to our driveway, turn on Fayetteville Street (the first street west of the B&B)