Pilot Knob Inn Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Situated on the eastern slope of Pilot Mountain, North Carolina, and nestled in a wooded landscape, our individual log cabins are designed to provide you with the rustic charm of yesteryear along with the comforts we enjoy today. The massive timbers and stone fireplaces recall a time when life was hard and simple, while comfortably appointed furnishings and whirlpools built for two belie the fact that your vacation home was converted from a 100 year-old tobacco barn. Yes, We are the Tobacco Barn Cabins you may have seen featured on the HGTV Special, Our State Magazine, Mid Atlantic Magazine Or Victoria, Southern Living, & The Roanoker. Come & Experience what you cannot find anywhere else and see why our guests return to Pilot Knob year after year.
Along the Yadkin Valley Wine Trail ... Private cabins & Honeymoon suites ... Whirlpools for two ... Fireplaces ... Private entrances ... Boating ... Fishing ... Hiking ... High Speed Wireless Internet... Full breakfast with Mountain View!!
The Pilot Knob Inn Bed and Breakfast received the recognition based on positive reviews from guests who have visited
one of the site's seven tobacco barn log cabins or five suites, all securely nestled in the wooded landscape on the eastern slope of Pilot Mountain.
For more of this story, click on or type the URL below:
Scenic Pilot Mountain State Park is but one of many beautiful parks in the immediate area. A short drive up the Blue Ridge Parkway will take you to Doughton State Park, Cumberland Knob, and Fairystone Park. Only a few miles away you can enjoy horseback riding, hiking at the Yadkin Island Park, or swimming in the clear mountain lake at Hanging Rock State Park which boasts the most splendid natural waterfalls in the area. We are along the Yadkin Valley Wine Trail & a guest could spend a few days in itself touring local wineries. Please see our Area attractions & Things to Do for more information.
Drive to the north along the Blue Ridge Parkway will take you to Mabry Mill, where they still grind corn and entertain you with local music and clog dancing. Historic Old Salem will surely transport you in time to an 18th Century Moravian community. While there, be sure to visit the museum of Early Southern Decorative Art or one of the many other museums in Winston-Salem.
Spring, summer, and fall are all times for local festivals. While here, you may enjoy one of the many Bluegrass festivals or town fairs featuring antiques, local crafts, and flea markets.
Pilot Knob Inn Bed & Breakfast has a 6acre lake in walking distance from all cabins & suites. The lake has rowboats & paddleboats & any of our guests can fish on the lake. ALL OF THIS IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE & IS NO ADDITONAL COST. Also within walking distance from all cabins & suites is a spacious picnic area. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS ON THIS PROPERTY! EVERYTHING ON PROPERTY IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
We have High Speed Wireless Internet available in all cabins & suites for our guests to use.
Welcoming long walk way...
leave those troubles behind you...
Just a short Hike on our Property
to our Swinging Bridge
About our Accommodations...(with jacuzzi tubs for two)
We are an Inn designed with Romance In Mind for your Perfect Romantic Getaway for you & your Sweetheart so we are sorry, but we do not accommodate children. Due to Overwhelming Request we are "trying" a New Pet Policy in Two Cabins ONLY.... #2 & #3.. the Tobacco Barn Cabins.
Our cabins are perfect for a secluded getaway, but if you prefer not to "rough it," our Luxurious suites are now available. All suites are non-smoking, with gas logs and are fully equipped. Satellite TV, VCR, refrigerator & coffee maker. A full breakfast is included in the price of all of our cabins & suites. All suites have either a whirlpool jacuzzi tub for two & the Penthouse & Pilot Knob Suite have HOT TUBS! We have 6 cabins that we refer to as the tobacco barn cabins, all 6 are 100 years old or older. They are found along the road coming into Pilot Knob Inn Bed & Breakfast. Each cabin has a large stone wood burning fireplace, whirlpool tubs for two, Satelite TV, VCR, refrigerator, coffee makers, microwave. There are front porches on all cabins & bedrooms in loft. All cabins are Non Smoking. Please see Our Policies for info on our Non- Smoking Policy.
Breakfast is included in the price of your stay at Pilot Knob. We offer a full breakfast to our guest in our breakfast room which is set up with individual tables for two & a large open fireplace ~ Our Breakfast Room is a gorgeous room with tall ceilings & glass across the back of this room so all of our guests can enjoy our beautiful view of Pilot Mountain while enjoying breakfast. Breakfast is served daily from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Anytime between that hour you may be seated. Guests are welcome to pick up their breakfast and take it back to the room. We also have a movie library with a large selection of movies for our guests to choose from. High speed wireless is avail in our breakfast room which is always open (Computer is not available - just Wireless for your laptop!)
P.O. Box 1280
Pilot Mountain, North Carolina 27041
Our picnic area has a picnic table, ceiling fan and park grill (charcoal not provided).
The picnic area is open for all guests to use and is centrally located to all suites and cabins.
6 Acre Lake
This is our private 6 acre lake. The lake is stocked with bass, brim, crappie & catfish! Being a private lake a fishing license is not required. Bring your own fishing rods and bait. Rowboats, paddleboats and a canoe are provided for guest use at no additional charge!
Another View of the B&B
Gift Certificates can now be purchased for any dollar amount.
Gift Certificates are available for a weekend Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun in the cabins for $318 + tax. They are good for one year & can be upgraded to a suite of a higher rate or can be purchased for any specific room for a weekend ~(two night minimum for weekend gift certificates). We also sell midweek gift certificates for one night, Sun-Thurs evenings for the cabins the rate of $129 + tax.
Our gift certificates cannot be used on Holidays or Special Event Times that our prices may be peaked or Weekends in the month of October. We are very sorry, but there will not be any exceptions. Feel safe in purchasing a gift certificate for your loved one we have been in business since 1983 and we aren't going anywhere!
To request a Gift Certificate, please email us at email@example.com
or call (336) 325-2502.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN GIFT CERTIFICATES & YOU MUST PRESENT YOUR GIFT CERTIFICATE AT CHECK IN!
For our Business Travelers we do offer special midweek rates. Call the innkeeper to set up arrangements and get rate information.
We also offer High Speed Wireless Internet in all cabins & suites for our guests to use. Our breakfast room area is available to be reserved for Conferences, Meetings and Executive Retreats.
It is reserved depending on your needs so please call Jennifer for Rates. (336) 325-2502 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The breakfast room is located in the main building with the b&b suites. This room offers a cozy & comfortable atmosphere for meeting & eating. Breakfast is served daily from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Anytime between that hour you may be seated. Guests are welcome to pick up their breakfast and take it back to the room. Breakfast consists of belgian waffles, scrambled eggs & a side meat (e.g. bacon, sausage country ham, etc.), orange juice & muffins or bread. A full breakfast is included in your nightly rate of any cabin or suite.
- We are not responsible for Any accidents that may occur while on this property.
- No Children under 18
- Due to Overwhelming Request we are "trying" a New Pet Policy in Two Cabins ONLY.... #2 & #3.. the Tobacco Barn Cabins. We are allowing a small pet to accompany you in your cabin for a fee of $25 Per Night. We are asking for Only Well Behaved animals that are trained and they must be on a leash at all times outside of the cabins. They must be crated (not provided)in your cabin if you ever leave them unattended if you do not have a crate you must not leave them unattended. If there is any additional damage caused by your pet you will be responsible and charged. Also, there is a resident pet, "Jean", our dog, that lives on site.
- The Local Boarding Kennel - Westfield Kennels (336) 351-5049 www.westfieldkennels.com
- Check in Begins at 3pm & Until Whenever Needed.
- Check Out is by 11am (you may stay later on the property at the lake)
- Early Check In and Late Check out options Available for $15 per hour inquire with Innkeeper.
- No Smoking Allowed in Any Cabin or Suite. If you smoke in any room, there will be a cleaning fee added to your room which could total to a max rate of $200. Smoking allowed on porches only! No Exceptions!
- Double occupancy only
- If you are inquiring about an additional adult guest please contact the innkeeper for arrangements & pricing $25 extra per person per night. Only allowed if prearranged & available for traveling families with adult guest.
- Oct 1 - Oct 31st (peak season) - Fri/Sat are two night minimums; you cannot reserve a Saturday without a Friday or a Sunday.
- November 15th through September 30th - Saturday nights only may not always be available; Friday only's are always available, but Saturday may need to be combined with a Friday or a Sunday. You may send in your reservation, but must be approved by the innkeeper depending on the availability.
- No visitors allowed on property unless prearranged & no visitors are allowed to use the lake.
- 7 day cancellation for one night reservation; non-refundable if 7 days notice not given.
- We do not refund for Weather, sickness or anything out of our control!
- 14 days for two night cancellation; A minimum of 14 days required to cancel on a 2 night reservation; if you cancel within the 14 days of your time of arrival then you are still responsible for the entire two nights you have reserved.
- Three or more days requires a 30 Day Cancellation. If you book Four or More nights or on a Holiday, One Night Will be taken up front for a Deposit and this night is Non refundable.
- Mastercard, Visa, Visa Debit cards, Amex accepted & Cash. Must have a valid Credit Card to reserve a room.
- Life Jackets required on our lake & we do supply.
- There is no additional cleaning fee all cleaning fees are included in your rate. We do not come in your cabin or suite while you are here although we will supply you with fresh towels and linens and pick up your trash daily if requested.
Please contact the innkeeper if you have any questions about these policies we will gladly explain & help you in any way.
Due to Overwhelming Request we are "trying" a New Pet Popcy in Two Cabins ONLY.... #2 & #3.. the Tobacco Barn Cabins. We are allowing a small pet (weight pmit of 35 lbs) to accompany you in your cabin for a fee of $25 Per Night. We are asking for Only Well Behaved animals that are trained and they must be on a leash at all times outside of the cabins. They must be crated (not provided)in your cabin if you ever leave them unattended if you do not have a crate you must not leave them unattended. If there is any additional damage caused by your pet you will be responsible and charged. Also, there is a resident pet, "Jean", our dog, that pves on site.
The Local Boarding Kennel - Westfield Kennels (336) 351-5049 www.westfieldkennels.com
Now Open! The Stables of Pilot Knob
Come and ride the trails of Pilot Mountain....
Bring your own horse
$50 a stall per night
30 day cancellation for stall reservations
Water available to wash your horse & hay & fresh bedding provided for each horse ~ current coggins is needed for your stay.
The Trails of Pilot Mountain & Sauratown Mountain run right thru our property ~ miles & miles of trails.For more information on the trails click on www.sauratowntrails.org
Contact the innkeeper for more information and reservations.If you prefer to just go horseback riding, call Bregman's Trail Riding (less than 2 miles from Pilot Knob (336) 368-5740 Or about 15 minutes Ogburn Stables (336) 983-2279
Area Attractions & Things To Do
Mount Airy Attractions
Andy Griffith Playhouse
The Andy Griffith Playhouse, circa 1920, is Mount Airy's first known site of a public school, the Rockford Street School. It is located at 218 Rockford St.. Andy Griffith attended elementary school and performed on stage here during the 1930s and 1940s. The Surry Arts Council leased the building in 1975 and renovated it into a theatre and arts center. The building was named in Andy Griffith's honor during the early 1970s.
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday & Sunday at various times. Call for a schedule of events at 336-786-7998 or 1-800-286-6193. Fax: 336-786-9822. Mailing address: Surry Arts Council, P.O. Box 141, 218 Rockford St, Mount Airy, N.C. 27030. E-mail: email@example.com. Website: www.surryarts.org
Surrounding Area Attractions
Mabry Mill is located in Meadows of Dan, Va. at Milepost 176 on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is open seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. from the last weekend in April throughout October. Demonstrations that may include sorghum molasses making, apple butter making, grinding corn and buck wheat take place every Sunday from 2-5 p.m. The mill emphasizes the pioneer culture of the Blue Ridge Highlands and impromptu music and dancing are usually a part of Sunday afternoon activities. Free admission. Food and drinks are available at the restaurant on the premises. For more information, contact 276-952-2947.
The Rockford Preservation Society Inc. was organized in 1972 to stabilize and preserve the town of Rockford. The town of Rockford was established by a legislative act in 1789 and served as the county seat of Surry County until 1853. At that time, Surry County encompassed present day Yadkin County. The town bustled with hotels, taverns, mills and general stores. As the county seat, Rockford became a commercial center, as well as, the hub of county and private business transactions. The town of Rockford was placed on the National Register of Historic places in 1976; the Rockford Preservation Society was incorporated the same year. Today, Rockford represents a part of Surry County's unique history and has become quite a tourist attraction.
Visitors to Rockford can also enjoy looking at the antiques, candy and odds-and-ends that fill the Rockford General Store. Operating Hours: Closed Monday and Tuesday; open Wednesday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; and open Sunday, 1-5 p.m. For more information, call 336-374-5317.
For information about many more Mount Airy/Mayberry attractions please give us a call!
More Area Attractions
We have a seasonal Haunted House. It is a top 25 must see Attractions
Hacker House 336 - 351 - DARK on Hacker House Trail, Pilot Mountain, NC search for Hacker Houe on facebook and you tube.
- Blue Ridge Parkway - Ranked as "America's Most Senic Drive". (30 minute drive from B&B)
- Pilot Mountain State Park - Also known as "Mount Pilot" from the Mayberry Show. This park is within walking distance from our B&B.
- Hanging Rock State Park -Waterfalls, boating, picnicing, fishing, rock climbing, repelling, hiking, horseback riding & swimming in the 12 acre lake.(15 mile drive) Call (336) 593-8480.
- Stone Mountain (336) 957-8185
- Stone Mountain State Park - 600 foot granite dome; more than 17 miles of designated trout waters. Hiking, fly fishing, picnicking, rock climbing, repelling & horseback riding.( about a 35 mile drive) 8AM - 5PM. Call (336) 957-8185.
- Tanglewood Park - Clemmons, NC. Full park including horseback riding. Open daily 7 AM - Dusk year round. Admission. Call (336)766-9540.
Horne Creek Farm - April - October Hours:
Tuesday - Saturday 10:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Horne Creek Living Historical Farm - Pinnacle, NC. (336) 325-2298. Admission is Free. Reconstruct the physical enviroment and seasonal work cycle of a North Carolina family farm.
- Old Salem - A Moravian Community. (888) 653-7253
- Tri-State Angler Guide Service - Our guides specialize in fly fishing float and wade trips for trout and smallmouth bass.
- Creekside Cinema - 605 S. Bluemont Rd. Mount Airy, NC 27030
- Beaver Creek - 225 Pratt Rd Dobson, NC (336) 374-5670
- Rivermont Golf Course - 420 River Siloam Rd. Siloam, NC (336) 374-2384
- Cross Creek Country Club - 1129 Greenhill Rd Mt Airy, NC (336) 789-5131
- Pine Ridge Classic - 562 Haystack Rd Mt Airy,NC (336) 320-2233
- Pilot Mountain Country Club - (336)368-2828
- Bowling at Mt Airy Lanes - 930 W. Lebanon Street Mt Airy, NC (336) 783-0704
- Biking Available at New River Trail (877) 510-2572
- Yadkin Valley Bike Trail
- High Point International Horne Furniture Center - Come to Highpoint; The home of the largest Home Furniture Show in the world.
- Korner's Folly- The strangest house in the world.(336) 996-7922.
Canoe & Kayaking - The Dan River Co. (336) 866-2628, Hanging Rock Outdoor Center (336) 593-8283.
Yadkin River Adventures Full Day & 1/2 Day Trips (336) 374-5318
- Mabry Mill - The Blue Ridge Parkway's most photographed location. (276) 952-2947.
- Reynolda House Museum of American Art - (336) 725-5325.
- Wally's Service Station - Offering Squad Car Tours. Located at 625 S Main Street in Mt Airy. Hours: Monday - Friday 9AM - 5PM and Saturday 10AM - 3PM. (336) 719-0181 or 789-OPIE.
- Hot Air Ballooning:
- Park Avenue Limo - Winery tours (866) 959-Limo
- NC. Dept.of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Shelton Vineyards - First time visitors ONLY request a special FREE tour and tasting Valid for TWO!.... While it lasts!!
- Round Peak
- Yadkin Valley
- Yadkin Valley Wine Trail Visit this website for all of the vineyards in the Yadkin Valley. Includes maps and schedules of special events, including concerts & wine festivals.
- RagApple Lassie - Booneville, NC 1-866-RAGAPPLE
- HUTTON VINEYARDS - (336) 374-2621 located less than 1 mile from Historic Rockford. Come visit the Yadkin Valley's newest winery & super close to Pilot Knob Inn!
Chateau Morrisette, Meadows of Dan, Va. (45 min drive) - (540) 593-2865
Lunch: Wednesday -Sunday - Dinner: Friday and Saturday
Reservations for dinner a must. Mile Marker: 171.5
Saturday Morning Jam Session - Join the jammers on the stage of the Surry Arts Council's Historic downtown cinema, 142 N Main Street, Mt Airy for 90 minuites of music by some of our area's pickers every Saturday morning at 9am until 10:30am.
Call (800) 286-6193 or (336)786-7998 www.surryarts.org
- Blue Ridge Jamboree - (Third Saturday Monthly) Admission $7.00; Contact the Surry Arts Council.
- Tim Fry's Pickin on the Creek - Live music concerts are held each month scheduled Saturday at 7:30 pm at Granite City Floor Covering, 3332 Westfield Rd Hwy 89, Mount Airy; $5.00 per person (336)786-5039
- Thursday night jam session - Andy Griffith Playhouse, 218 Rockford Street, Mt Airy. Contact the Surry Arts Council.
- Saturday Morning Jam Session - Join the jammers on the stage of the Surry Arts Council's Historic downtown cinema, 142 N Main Street, Mt Airy for 90 minuites of music by some of our area's pickers every Saturday morning at 9am until 10:30am.
- In-room Massages available; Call Diane Blakemore at (336) 345-0328. Call Penni Miller at (336) 971-1542.
- Infinitydayspa.com in Mount Airy North Carolina (336)719-1633
- State Street Station - Shopping in Greensboro
- Seagrove Potteries
- The Main Oak Emporium, (336) 789-2404; Home of The Official Andy Griffith Collection - Enjoy a cup of Cofee, Specialty drinks, Smoothies & Lunch Live Entertainment on Thursdays & Weekends at the Good Life Cafe ~~ furniture, antiques, art, home accents, garden items, wine & gourmet foods, Good Life outfitters & much more collectibles.
Local Horseback Riding
- Bregman's Trail Riding (within 2 Miles from our Inn) (336)368-5740 "People Friendly Horses"
- Ogburn Stables - 15 min from Pilot Knob Inn - (336)983-2279.
- Tanglewood - 40 min from Pilot Knob (336)766-9540.
- Vicky Oakley (336) 918-6577
- Beverely (336) 399-7099
- Mount Airy Museum of Regional History (336) 786-4478 Tues-Fri 10am - 4pm Sat from 10am - 4pm Small admission fee.
- Rockford General Store sells Hand dipped Ice Cream, Old Fashioned Candy, Hoope Cheese & more (336)374-5317 closed Sat
- SMALL ELOPEMENT WEDDINGS ON THE PROPERTY OR AT THE MOUNTAIN are available. If you would like a preacher to meet you somewhere with your own special arrangements please contact Bruce Hodges at (336)648-5823 leave a message with Bruce... (973) 800-2355.
- Hiddenite Gems, Inc. - www.hiddenitegems.com for mining for gems or 1-866-600-GEMS
- Carolina Ziplines Canopy Tour 336 972-7656 - Harness & ride thru the forest canopy on over 4,000 feet of steel cable. Be sure to mention you found them from Pilot Knob Inn & they will give you a 10% discount.
- www.prohealthcenter.com - Northwest Medical Partners / PROHEALTH Center is $5.00 for a daily pass. You can use their indoor walking track, indoor lap pool, outdoor swimming pool, spa hottub, all nautilus equip stair master, free weights bikes & much more This is a 15 minute drive straight up Hwy 52N in Mt Airy, NC.
- www.homplacepark.com - Swimming & miniature golf.. 15 minutes from Pilot Knob Inn.
- Colonial Mayberry Mall - 80A-3 Colonial Mayberry Mall Mount Airy NC 27030 (336) 786-1005 which has 25 stores including belk, bath & body works, jc penny's and is within 15 minutes of a drive from Pilot Knob Inn.
- Hanes Mall - 3320 Silas Creek Parkway #264 Winston Salem NC 27103 (336) 765-8321; 203 stores For all your shopping needs, approx 20-25 minutes from Pilot Knob Inn.
- www.salemcreek.com - 694 Hanes Mall Blvd Winston salem NC 27103; Unique Gifts & Collectibles 336 760-1717
- Back to the Basics Wagon Rides (Mount Airy)- approximately 1 mile long, downtown historic Main Street to our lit Christmas Tree in back; pick up point, old City Jail; Hours: Fridays - 5;30 until; Saturdays - 5:30 until; Sundays - 2:00 until; $5 per person; Call (336)755-7385.
Winston Salem, NC:
Ryans Restaurant, Coliseum Drive (336) 724-6132 (less than 20 minutes from Pilot Knob Inn!)
Outback Steakhouse - (336) 760-4329, 505 Highland Oaks Dr Winston Salem NC 27103
Arigato's - 2995 Bethesda Pl Winston Salem NC 27103 (336) 765-7792 Authentic Japanese Steakhouse & Restaurant food prepared in front of you Reservations Suggested & sometimes Required.
Red Lobster - 1690 Westbrook Plaza Dr Winston Salem NC 27103 (336) 768-3110
www.zevelyhouse.com (336) 725-6666; 901 W. Fourth Street Winston Salem NC 27101; Tues - Sat from 5:30 till 9pm
Village Tavern (336) 760-8686; 2000 Griffith Rd (at the corner of Hanes Mall Blvd & Stratford Rd); Serves Mon - Thurs 11am till 11pm Fri & Sat 11am till Midnight Sunday 9am 10pm Brunch Sunday 10-3pm
River Birch Lodge - Open 7 Days a Week -- 3324 Robinhood Road Winston Salem, NC 27106; large selection shrimp, salmon, chicken, trout, pork tenderloin, pasta, lasagna, vegetable platter, spinach and wild mushroom rolls, quesadilla, nachos, wings, pine nut shrimps, steak mignon, salmon wrap, homemade pizza's, wine, desserts.
Pilot Mountain, NC:
Rigatoni's Italian Restaurant, (336) 368-3200
Hours: Monday thru Thursday 11 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.; Sunday 12 noon to 10:00 p.m.
Aunt Beas for BBQ, Burgers, Hot Dogs & Ice Cream at the Pilot Mountain Elkin Exit In Pilot Mountain beside Rigatoni's
Pilot Mountain Country Club, (336) 368-2828
by reservations only (please mention that you are our guests they will be sure to get you in); only open Fridays for dinner
Tlaquepaque, 511 E 52 Bypass Pilot Mountain, NC 27041 (336)368-1900; Mexican food - Really Good.
Cousin Gary's - (336) 368-1488; 626 S Key street Pilot Mountain
Soppers - located on Main Street downtown Pilot Mountain (336) 368-2325; open open Tues - Saturday from 11am till 9pm; Serves Greek, American, Homecooking & Italian "Great Food!"
Vegetarian Spaghetti & Baked Spaghetti Mozzarella & Spaghetti & Meatballs $6.95 (w/ salad)
Shrimp Scampi with Fettuccine Alfredo $9.95 (w/ salad)
Italian Lasagna, Blackened Chicken with Penne, Patmos Chicken & Italian Manicotti (All $7.95 w/ salad)
Spanakopita, Gyro & Souvlaki $7.95 ea w/ salad
Tour of Greece 10.95 sampling of spanakopita, gyro & beef strips
Blackened Filet Mignon 6 oz $10.95, 8 oz 13.95
Grilled Ribeye 8 oz 11.95 & 12 oz 13.95
Shrimp & Grits 9.95
Southern Fried Chicken 6.95 w gravy & mashed potatoes
Pork Pomfritz 8.95 topped with mozzarella & grilled mushrooms & onions
Grilled Salmon 8.95- Broiled Tilapia 8.95
Broiled Tiger Shrimp 9.95 all w/ salads
This is a sample prices subject to change & there is more on their menu this is a small selection of their menu!
Mezzy’s Pizzeria on Main Street in Pilot Mountain, (336) 368-0024 or (336) 368-0025
www.mezzys.com Will deliver to Pilot Knob Inn ~ Open Monday - Saturday
Mountain View Buffet & Menu, (336)368-9180
Mt. Airy, NC:
Pandowdy's, 243 North Main Street, Mt. Airy, - (336) 786-1993 Family Style
Hours: 11:00AM to 9:00PM
Snappy Lunch, 125 N. Main Street, Mt. Airy, - (336) 786-4931 Family Style
Hours: Mon,Tues.,Wed. & Friday; 5:45AM - 1:45 PM
Thursday & Saturday; 5:45AM - 1:15PM
(Mentioned many times on the Mayberry Show, The Snappy Lunch is the home of the famous "Pork Chop Sandwich".)
The Main Oak Emporium, (336) 789-2404; Home of The Official Andy Griffith Collection - Enjoy a cup of Coffee, Specialty drinks, Smoothies & Lunch Live Entertainment on Thursdays & Weekends at the Good Life Cafe ~~ furniture, antiques, art, home accents, garden items, wine & gourmet foods, Good Life outfitters & much more collectibles.
Downtown Mt Airy.
Goober's Restaurant (Food Gone Wild!) - 458 North Andy Griffith Pkwy (HWY 52) in Mt Airy. Hours: Open Monday - Thursday 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Friday & Saturday 11:00AM - 11:00PM
Ruby Tuesdays - (336) 789-0815
Long John Silvers - 1960 Rockford St Mt Airy (336) 789-2551
Lonestar Steak House & Saloon - 1905 Woodlan Dr (336) 789-0142
Mayflower Seafood - off Hwy 52 N (336) 789-5065
Golden Corral - (336) 786-1400; 2226 Rockford St In
Diannas - (336) 786-1251 located at 1384 S. Main Street Mt Airy
Mayberry Kountry Kitchen & Pickin Parlor - (336) 786-6553 located 420 E. Pine Street Mt Airy, NC Hours Tues-Sat 5:30 - 7:00pm; Sunday 7-2pm; Closed Monday13 Bones Great Food! 502 S Andy Griffith Parkway Mt Airy, NCwww.Leonsburgerexpress.com for the best cheeseburger you will ever eat on Main Street in Mount Airy, NC
King Tobaccoville, NC:
King is about 10 minutes from us & they also have some other places to eat that are not listed.
Town & Country Restaurant - (336) 983-3641 Steaks, Seafood, Salads & Homemade Vegetables ~~ Closed On Sunday ~~~
Stratford BBQ - (336) 983-0623 ~~ BBQ ~ home cooked vegetables & meats & cakes Closed On Sundays~~
Pizza Hut - (336 ) 983-9999
Little Caesers - (336) 983-2383
Panda West Chinese - (336) 983-0200
Little Italy Italian - (336) 985-5428
East Coast Wings - (336) 985-3222
The Shelton Vineyards w/ Harvest Grill
(336) 366-3590 - Open Mon - Wed from 10-6pm; Thurs - Sat to 10am - 9pm; Sundays from 11am - 6pm.
The Depot - (336) 386- 8222; 112 Old Depot Lane, Dobson NC 27030; Serves Steaks, shrimp, chicken, ribs, chops, vegetables & salads! Excellent food; Hours Closed Monday, Tues, Wed & Thursday 5 - 9pm, Friday 4:00 - 10:00 pm, Saturday 3:30 - 10:00pm Sunday 11:30 - 9:00 pm
Bello Vino - (336) 353-9405 Italian Restaurant
Barn Dinner Theater (336) 292-2211 or (800) 668-1764 - Located at 120 Stage Coach Trail, Greensboro, NC 27409.
The Basin Creek Country Store - open 7 days a week (336) 835-5776; Monday & Tuesday nights - All You Can Eat Shrimp
Sweet cabin atmosphere with out of this world food; Exit 85 I 77, Elkin, North Carolina
Cimmaron Steak House - Exit 85 I 77, Elkin, North Carolina (across the street from Basin Creek)
Elkin Creek Vineyard at www.elkinmill.com (336)526-5119 Open Thurs, Fri & Saturday for Lunch & Dinner & Sundays for Brunch ~ upscale dining
Pirate's Landing - 161 Interstate Way, Elkin; Closed On Mondays; Tues - Saturday 3 -10 pm & Sunday 12 noon to 9pm
Mazzini's - 1521 N. Bridge Street Elkin NC; (336) 526-7400; Sun - Thurs 11am-10:oo pm & Fri & Sat - 11am to 11:00 pm
Twenty One & Main Restaurant and Wine Bar - (336) 835-6246 fine dining. Restaurant & Wine Bar Dinner Tues - Saturday 5:30 - 9pm
about 40 minutes from Pilot Knob Inn.
Downtown Galax is an incredible shopping experience too so you can make a day of it.
www.thegalaxsmokehouse.com (276) 236-1000 & right across the street if you love bluegrass music visit www.rextheatergalax.com for Old Tyme Music Or Macado's www.macados.net Award winning dining since 1978.
Out of Town
Chateau Morrisette, Meadows of Dan, Va. (45 min drive) - (540) 593-2865
Lunch: Wednesday -Sunday - Dinner: Friday and Saturday
Reservations for dinner a must. Mile Marker: 171.5
Directions to our Place
Our address is: 361 New Pilot Knob Lane Pinnacle, NC 27043
From the Raleigh/Durham area is 85 to 40 West to 52 North to the Pilot Mountain State Park Exit at the bottom of the exit ramp at the stop sign make a left & immediate right onto New Pilot Knob Lane gravel road & take 1/2 mile to the office on left (cedar sided ranch style house) will have a sign out front.
Put From I-77 South or North merge onto I-74 at Exit 101 this will dead into Hwy 52 South (you will be heading towards Pilot Mountain or also towards Winston Salem) We are the Pilot Mountain State Park Exit this is not a numbered exit because it is the state park it is a brown sign. At the bottom of the exit ramp at the stop sign make a left & a left again onto New Pilot Knob Lane we are 1/2 mile on the left to the office which is in the cedar sided ranch style house.
From Charlotte/Concord Area take 85 to 52N to Pilot Mountain State Park Exit at the bottom of the exit ramp at the stop sign make a left & immediate right onto New Pilot Knob Lane we are 1/2 mile up gravel road on left to the office.
From Winston Salem, NC (approx 20 minutes) take Hwy 52 North to the Pilot Mountain State Park Exit at the bottom of the exit ramp make a left & immediate right onto New Pilot Knob Lane we are 1/2 mile on the left.