Table Of Contents
Join us at the First Colony Inn
Experience real southern hospitality at this unique inn on the Outer Banks of Nags Head, North Carolina
Begin with a breakfast buffet: Deluxe continental breakfast with a hot dish is served each morning. Lounge by the pool or follow the boardwalk to the beach. Read or play games in the library. End your afternoon with tea or a friendly game of croquet or cornhole on the lawn. After dinner, enjoy the sunset from a rocker on the encircling verandas. The Outer Banks sunsets are spectacular. If history excites you, visit the Wright Brothers Memorial in Kill Devil Hills. See the Lost Colony outdoor drama on Roanoke Island. Board the Elizabeth II, a replica of a 16th century ship, climb a famous 19th century lighthouse or simply read about the mystery of the disappearance Theodosia Burr (Aaron Burr's daughter) or the demise of Blackbeard, the famous pirate.
Our rooms are as individual as our guests. Each has a private bath with fluffy towels on a heated towel bar and English toiletries. A television, telephone, and refrigerator are standard in each room. Luxury rooms boast wet bars and kitchenettes, and some have Jacuzzi whirlpool tubs, sitting rooms or private screened porches. We offer room service by Pamlico Jack's, located right across the street.
While at the inn you may choose from a spectacular variety of activities. Picnic in the National Seashore or dine in a fine restaurant. Watch birds in the Pea Island Wildlife Refuge and even join us for our birding weekends. Spend an afternoon at the NC Aquarium in Manteo, dive on a sunken ship, take an aero-tour, windsurf, or hang glide. All guests of First Colony Inn have access to the Outer Banks YMCA.
Weddings at First Colony Inn
Let the romantic First Colony Inn help make your dream wedding come true on the Outer Banks. Reserve our entire 26-room inn for an intimate wedding setting in the midst of the natural beauty and splendor of our island. The Inn provides the perfect atmosphere for togetherness in the common areas as well as privacy in our charming guest rooms. Does your dream include an intimate wedding by the ocean? We have a private access walkway to the beach. Are you interested in an outdoor reception on our spacious lawn? We can accommodate even the largest size tent. Are you looking for a customized package created just for you? We aim to please with our southern hospitality and attention to detail. Please call 1-800-368-9390 or send us an e-mail, and we will be happy to help you with the details of your special day.
- Go Sailing in the Calm Sound Waters
- Tour the Whalehead Club
- Tour the Elizabethan Gardens
- Take a Flightseeing Tour with Coastal Helicopters
- Climb the Currituck Beach Lighthouse
- Spend the Afternoon at Jockey'S Ridge State Park
- Take a Walking Tour of Historic Downtown Manteo
- Climb the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse
- Visit the Nags Head Woods Ecological Preserve
- Watch Birds and Wildlife at Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Visit the Wright Brothers National Memorial
- Watch a Performance at the Outer Banks Music Showcase
- Tour the Frisco Native American Museum and Natural History Center
- Tour the North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island
- Go Shopping at Tanger Outlet Center
- Visit Roanoke Island Festival Park and the Elizabeth II
- Try Your Luck at Parasailing
- Take an Adventure Tour To See the Corolla Wild Horses
- Visit Local Art Galleries and Shops To View Local Talent and Style
- View the Roanoke Marshes Lighthouse
- Take a Red Wolf Howl Tour at Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge
- Visit the Fort Raleigh National Historic Site
- Go on an Adventure To View Local Shipwrecks
- Ride the Free Hatteras-Ocracoke Ferry
- Tour the Chicamacomico Lifesaving Station
- Enjoy a Performance of the Lost Colony
"Thank you for your wonderful hospitality. We enjoyed our stay very much and will return. It was a great start to my retirement!"
Gloria & Terry - March 2013
"The North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island would like to express our sincere thanks to you for providing lodging to the "Wounded Warriors" while here participating in our dive program. We are most appreciative of your generosity."
North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island - March 2013
"We are from Germany. This hotel is very good. We like it! We'll be back. Thank you!"
Anonymous Guest - October 2012
"This was even better than expected! A most congenial place; lovely rooms, great and most helpful staff. I can't wait to come back!"
Anonymous Guest - October 2012
"Awesome place and charming and staff very friendly. Love the library and the music choices! Love the path down to the beach."
C Bedrin - October 2012
Room 7 A is handicapped equipped (tub, shower; not roll-in). Booked to handicapped persons or when other rooms are filled. SE center.