The White Doe Inn
The Raleigh Bedchamber is a genteel setting with warm antique pine furnishings featuring a high-poster cannonball bed. Teal, eggplant and gold paisley designer wallpaper with coordinating fabrics enhance the mood for reading by the fireplace or relaxing in the queen size bed. The room has comfortable seating in the bay window area and next to the fireplace. To compliment these accommodations, the bath is decorated in coordinating wallpaper and has an enclosed glass shower with all the modern conveniences.
The room includes the second floor of the turret which is located on the southwest corner of the house towering above its three floors. It catches the sunlight that cascades through the rounded glass windows making it one of the sunniest rooms in the Inn. The private balcony over looks the fountain in one of the Inn's gardens. To compliment these accommodations, the bath has an enclosed glass shower with all the modern conveniences.
The East Lake Bedchamber is so named because of the Victorian East Lake style furnishings. A beautiful dogwood impressioned gold-leafed antique mirror over the fireplace reflects the warm glow of the room as you relax in the comfortable sitting area or on the queen size bed. A shared balcony is the perfect spot for bird watching or just to relax. To compliment these accommodations, the bath features an antique claw-footed soaking tub with shower. Soak away the stresses of everyday life while enjoying the reflections of an exquisite antique jewel-like stain glass window.
The Roanoak Bedchamber is a bright sunny cozy room located on the third floor and provides the ultimate in privacy. The comfortable sitting area is situated to relax and enjoy the fireplace. To compliment these accommodations, the bath offers a large shower with our hydro-massage water shower. The bath is also accented with a beautiful antique stain glass window.
The Scuppernong Bedchamber - The nine-foot sloped ceilings accent the king size carved bed and cozy sitting area with fireplace. The room is best suited for two guests but can accommodate a third with a twin sleeper sofa. To compliment these accommodations, the bath features an antique claw-footed soaking tub with shower.
Rich Mahogany furnishings featuring a queen high poster carved rice bed enhanced by soft deep blue walls. The bedchamber has an inviting sitting and fireplace area with turn-of-the-century French mantle as well as a private balcony. To compliment the bedchamber, the large elegant private bath features a gas fireplace, Italian tile surrounding the whirlpool with rain shower.
Located on the third floor, it is one of the more private rooms in the Inn. Rich burgundy and China blue enhance the Oriental flair of this room. A black wrought iron king size bed and sitting area both provide comfortable alternatives for enjoying the two sided fireplace. To compliment the bedchamber, the spacious elegant bath features a fireplace located adjacent to the two-person whirlpool with hand-shower.
The Garden Bedchamber is the only room on the first floor and offers a private entrance with garden area. The room's alcove is the perfect spot to read a book or write a letter to family back home. The elegant brass canopied king size bed and gas fireplace provide just the right ambiance. The large private bath features a gas stove, a two-person shower, with built-in seat, and a two-person six-foot cast iron whirlpool. Over the whirlpool, is a pair of beautiful matching antique stained glass windows. The brick pathway to the private entrance makes this the only room suitable for those that cannot manage stairs.
The Tower Suite
The Tower Suite is by far the largest of all the bedchambers in the house. Beautiful light apple green walls and warm whites hues give a sense of the outdoors.The Bedroom offers a Kingsize bed, flat screen television and is separated from the bath by a wall of illuminating candles that flicker with warmth. This two room suite offers a separate sitting area behind french doors that takes you to the round top of the tower and includes a fireplace and second flat screen tv. To compliment the bedchamber, the spacious elegant bath offers a large clawfoot tub and separate shower. A mini-refrigerator, Keurig coffee maker and microwave offer additional amenities to the room.
Policies & Guest Information
- All rates are daily, per room, for one or two persons.
- Each additional guest in the room is $30 per night.
- A two-night minimum on weekends and a three-night minimum on holiday weekends are required.
- Reservations for more than one night are guaranteed with a 50% deposit by check or credit card.
- For one night stays, payment must be made in full.
- Checks must be received within one week of making your reservations.
- VISA and MasterCard accepted.
- Reservations canceled under the required notice are considered non-refundable deposits, all cancelations can be charged a $25.00 fee. The Cancellation guidelines are as follows:
- 1 - 6 nights stay: 14 days prior to arrival
- 7 + nights stay: 20 days prior to arrival
- A reservation made using a prior balance carried over by a previous cancellation, will become non-refundable for a future stay regardless of the date canceled.
- Early departures and No Shows will be charged the full amount of the reservation.
- Please see our website for policies regarding: Cancellation of Special Requests, Cancellation of Spa Services, and cancellation of Group Bookings.
- This is a non-smoking Inn, smoking is allowed on the outside porches only.
- Well-behaved children 12 and older, accompanied by responsible parents, are welcome.
- Guest pets are not allowed.
- Check-in: 3 - 6 pm. Please call if you plan to be later.; Check-out: 11 am.
- See Our Website for Our Hurricane Policy.