Table Of Contents
Wildberry Lodge is located in Leicester, North Carolina, just 12 miles from downtown Asheville. Voted one of the ten best undiscovered inns for fall foliage trips!
Come enjoy the spectacular mountain views and breathtaking sunsets, the glow and warmth from an evening fire or the sparkle of the night sky. Explore Asheville and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Visit the Biltmore Estate or embark on your own mountain adventure.
Come enjoy the spectacular mountain views and breathtaking sunsets! Wildberry Lodge is a Four Season Getaway, But Don't Miss The Brilliance Of Fall. Make Your Reservation Now!
Ken and Glenda Cahill constructed Wildberry Lodge out of full length red pine logs, hand peeled, notched and assembled by the handcrafters of Maple Island Log Homes (stained and chinked by the Cahills). Situated on 45 acres in the Great Smoky Mountains, this mountain lodge sits at 2700 ft. in elevation, and just minutes from downtown Asheville, NC and the Biltmore Estate. Come visit us and enjoy the spectacular mountain views and sunsets from the sundeck, flagstone patio or screened porch. We really have what you come to the mountains for...
The Great Hall, with its massive rock fireplace, is an ideal setting for visiting family or friends, a private game of chess, or a small business meeting. (Meetings of up to 25 can be accommodated.)
The Loft area is a gathering place for all guests. It has cold drinks, snacks, satellite television, VCR, and CD player. Guests have access to the innkeepers video, CD, and book collections. The Game Room, an additional guest gathering place, has a pool table and TV for those rainy days, or unwinding at the end of the day.
- Air Conditioning
- CD Player
- VCR/DVD players
- Large Screen television
- Satellite (Direct TV)
- Surround Sound
- Guest drink refrigerator
- Guest Snacks
- Book Collections
On Site Amenities
- BBQ Grill
- Board Games
- Drinks and Snacks
- Private Entrance
- Satellite/Cable TV
- DVD/VCR Movie Collection
- Video Games
- Pool Table
- Hammock Swings
A full breakfast is included in the room rate and is served from 8:00 - 10:00 AM at a time of your choice.
We use local organically grown fruits and vegetables whenever possible.
Breakfast items you may see include Lemon Pecan Pancakes, Crepes with various fruits, Egg souffles, garden frittatas, and home-made baked goods such as Croissants, Danish, muffins and cobbler's.
Also available: Afternoon tea, Fruit, Non-alcoholic beverages, appetizers and snacks. Special meals available: Low Fat, Vegetarian, Vegan and low carb.
We serve different fresh foods each morning:
- Homemade granola
- 3 juices
- Hot chocolate
- Fresh fruit
- Hearty entree
- Grand Finale dessert
There are many different things that you can find close by such as Antique Shopping, Casino, Concert Venues, Gourmet/Fine Dining, Historical Interests, Movie Theater, Museum, National/State parks, Nature area, Rafting and canoeing, Cherokee Indian Reservation, Golf, Blue Ridge Parkway, Smoky Mountain National Park, Biltmore Estate, Performing Theater, Picnic area, Religious Services, Ski area, Vineyard, Winery. There is also Bird watching, Canoeing, Golfing, Hiking trails, Horseback riding, Kayaking, White water Rafting nearby. For your convenience Biltmore tickets can be purchased at the Lodge and are valid for 2 consecutive days and extended hours at the Estate.
How To Find Us
Location is best described as:
- 12 miles from Asheville
- 15 miles from Maggie Valley
- 9 miles off I-40 Exit 33
From I-26 North
- Exit onto I-240 to Asheville
- Exit 3A (left exit) to 19/23 South (Patton Ave)
- Turn right at New Leicester Hwy. (63) 1 mile ahead. Travel 10 miles
- Turn left onto South Turkey Creek Road
- Bear left at the fork 3 miles ahead at Potato Branch Road
- Wildberry Lodge is ahead 1.5 mile on your left
From I-40 East (From Tenessee)
- Exit 33, left at end of exit ramp (Newfound Road - East)
- Follow signs to Morgan Branch Road 7 miles ahead
- Turn left at Morgan Branch and travel 1 mile - Morgan Branch changes name to Potato Branch Road
- Wildberry Lodge is .7 miles ahead on the right
From I-40 West (From Winston Salem/Greensboro)
- Exit I-40 via ramp at sign reading "Exit 53B I-240 / US-74-A W to Asheville"
- Take I-240 Northwest for 5 miles
- Continue on US-74-Alt, US-19, US-23 and go West for 1.4 miles
- (Stay in left lane until you are over the I-240 bridge, then merge right)
- Turn right at New Leicester Hwy. (63) 1 mile ahead. Travel 10 miles then
- Turn left onto South Turkey Creek Road
- Bear left at the fork 4 miles ahead
- Potato Branch Road. Wildberry Lodge is ahead 1.5 mile on your left
Nearest major airport: Asheville, NC (AVL) 20 miles
Directions from airport: I-26 West/North towards Asheville, Follow directions from either I-26 or I-40 listed above.