Arrowhead Inn Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Relax in the grace and allure of a historic plantation estate at the Arrowhead Inn. Our inn (circa 1775) is a Four Diamond AAA and Select Registry property in the Triangle cities of Durham, Raleigh, and Chapel Hill, NC. Resting on six acres of gardens and lawns, this North Carolina bed & breakfast has been carefully renovated to provide the comfort and amenities of a fine hotel.
Although our lodging accommodations are only a 15-minute drive from downtown, the Arrowhead Inn Bed and Breakfast feels a world away from the stress of everyday life. Pamper yourself, or rekindle romance in one of our elegant guestrooms offering spa whirlpool tubs, rejuvenating steam showers, and cozy fireplaces. Awake to a delectable breakfast artfully prepared by our innkeeper/chef. For your evening delight, savor a five-course romantic dinner in the privacy of your candle-lit suite or our charming dining room.
Nestled in the central Piedmont region of North Carolina, we are perfectly situated to accommodate travelers crossing from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the Outer Banks. Choose the Arrowhead Inn B&B as your home base in the Triangle, while exploring nearby Duke University, the Sarah Duke Gardens, and the Nasher Art Museum as well as Chapel Hill, with the University of North Carolina and in Raleigh, the state capitol, with a myriad of museums. Just 25 minutes from Research Triangle Park and RDU airport, this North Carolina bed and breakfast offers unparalleled luxury in a historic setting that you won’t soon forget.
Give us the opportunity to tailor your ideal activity list for your North Carolina vacation. We will explore attractions, events, venues, and things to do in the Durham, NC area. We will be happy to make reservations, map directions, arrange transportation, recommend restaurants, and much more!
Experience a truly relaxing getaway when you stay at Arrowhead Inn, our Durham bed and breakfast is just a short drive from Chapel Hill, NC.
Rooms and Rates
Whether you select one of our elegant guestrooms in the Manor House, the romantic Garden Cottage, or the secluded Carolina Log Cabin, you will be treated to luxurious amenities such as terry satin robes, Egyptian cotton towels, fine bed linens, and Provence bath accessories. Thoughtful touches such as fresh cut flowers, CD players with a selection of romantic music, and cozy fireplaces are featured in every room. Private bathrooms, wireless Internet access, DVD player/cable TV, MP3 dock & clock, air conditioning, telephones, iron/ironing board, hairdryers, and refrigerators are found in all rooms. Double bubbly whirlpools and relaxing steam showers await your pleasure in the premium suites.
Room rates include a full breakfast every morning, afternoon refreshments, and complimentary beverage center. Rates vary by day of the week. Weekend rates apply to Friday and Saturday.
Indulge in a Gourmet Meal at Our Accommodations in Raleigh Durham
Like all aspects of the Arrowhead Inn, breakfast (included in your room rate) is created with special attention to detail, which pleases the eye as well as the palate.
Everything is made from the freshest ingredients, including herbs from our gardens and local farmers' produce. With chef /owner Phil in the kitchen, you can be sure that a mouthwatering dish will be set in front of you every morning. Start the morning off with a cup of freshly brewed coffee, tea, or juice, and enjoy the charming Keeping Room or sunlit verandas.
Your first-course offering will be one of Phil's scrumptious scones, perhaps a lemon-ginger selection, which leaves most guests wondering if there might be another one hiding in the kitchen. Savor fresh fruit as you wait for the chef to finish the final details of your entrÃ©e, which is bound to be a creative take on eggs, crepes, French toast, pancakes, or waffles. For lighter fare, help yourself to homemade granola with fruit and yogurt. For those late sleepers, we offer a continental breakfast until 10:30 a.m.
Complimentary Afternoon Refreshments
Starting at 4:00 p.m. in the Keeping Room, you'll find a tantalizing spread of appetizers and sweets, including fresh apple cake and triple ginger cookies. Refresh yourself with a glass of apple mint iced tea, a mug of hot cocoa, or mulled cider. Feel free to stroll through the gardens or enjoy a glass of wine in the gazebo.
Dinner at the Inn
Because Dinner at the Inn is specifically offered to you, our guests, to enhance your experience, advanced reservations are required. You may request the following dining options:
Elegant Tasting Dinner
Savor a five course Tasting Dinner at the Inn featuring a variety of cuisine prepared by our gourmet chef and owner. Explore new flavors and let our chef exercise your palate using the freshest seasonal ingredients. We'll set the mood in our charming Keeping Room with candlelight, soothing classical music, and fresh flowers at your private table. $60 per person
Personal Chef Dinner
Celebrate a special occasion with our Personal Chef Dinner. This delectable feast is a lovely way to relax and indulge in the beauty of our surroundings. The menu is personally created with your tastes in mind. Let your romance blossom amidst candles, soft music, and fresh flowers, as we deliver a five course dinner to you in the privacy of your suite or veranda. $160/couple
For our guests with smaller appetites we offer Lighter Fare dinners. As with Dinner at the Inn advanced reservations are required. You may request the following dining options:
Light Salad Plus Dinner
After a long day of travel, wouldn't it be nice to have delectable light fare awaiting your arrival? Our chef will prepare his homemade soup or pasta of the day, a refreshing field green salad with accompaniments and our special dressing, warm fresh bread, coffee or tea, and "something sweet" for dessert with coffee/tea service. (Served between 6PM and 8PM)
$30/person and up
Phil's Meal of the Moment
For a smaller meal that features the ingenuity and talent of our chef, request the three course "Meal of the Moment." Chef Phil will create a delicious seasonal salad with homemade dressing to accompany his entree du jour, and he will finish the meal with one of his sensational desserts.
$45/person and up
Picnic at the Arrowhead
Whether you're off to a day of hiking or want to enjoy a romantic dinner al fresco we can prepare a gourmet picnic basket filled with delectable goodies such as: artisan cheeses, cured meats, marinated olives, cool soups, and a pasta salad. Choose a grilled chicken, smoked turkey wrap, or a garden veggie wrap. And for your sweet tooth we'll include fresh fruit, and a homemade dessert! Basket for two starts at $60
The perfect wine to pair with your picnic is available form our wine cellar starting at $30 a bottle.
Special Events and Seasonal Dinners
Additional dining options will be offered throughout the year for holidays, events, and other special occasions. Sign up for our e-mail updates.
For Business Travelers
Use the Arrowhead Inn as your home away from home during your North Carolina business travel in the Research Triangle Area. Our magnificent grounds and Manor House are just minutes from Downtown Durham, RTP, Raleigh, and Chapel Hill, NC. We provide all the amenities of a fine hotel with the hospitality you would expect from a AAA Four Diamond and Select Registry Property.
Work in quiet comfort in your elegant guestroom equipped with a phone, data port, and wireless Internet. Unwind in your private whirlpool, or walk through our tranquil grounds. Awake refreshed to our abundant breakfast.
Our comfortable decor and personal accommodations provide a creative atmosphere for your business retreats and meetings.
Inquire about our Business Traveler Rates.
Amenities Available for Business Travelers:
- High-Speed wireless Internet access available
- Rooms with private phones with data ports
- Flexible check-in and check-out policy
- Flexible cancellation policy
- 24-hour access to the Inn
- All major credit cards accepted
- Special billing is possible
- All rooms have private baths with showers
- Early breakfast on weekdays
- "Take-along" breakfast upon request
- Newspapers provided at breakfast
- Copier, FAX, and message service
- Cable television and VCR in-room
- Complimentary soft drinks and snacks
- Dinner at the Inn with advanced reservations
- Fine wine and beer available
Weddings & Events
Make all your wedding dreams come true with a North Carolina wedding at the Arrowhead Inn Bed and Breakfast .
Imagine yourself standing beneath a beautiful Victorian gazebo surrounded by lush gardens and magnificent magnolia trees. Your friends and family rise to greet you and your husband as you take your first steps as man and wife. The smell of summer's flowers fills the air, and you feel as though it must all be a dream...
Celebrate your special day at the Arrowhead Inn near Raleigh, North Carolina, where we can provide a unique setting for your wedding ceremony and/or reception. Whether an intimate fireside ceremony or a romantic garden event, the Arrowhead Inn is an outstanding location for making memories. We specialize in offering elegance & style, which allows family & friends to gather in a relaxed atmosphere for your wedding.
An outdoor garden wedding reception at the Arrowhead Inn can accommodate up to 100 guests. The ideal size for events held inside the elegant Manor House would range from 10-30 people.
Should you choose the Arrowhead Inn for your reception, our innkeeper/chef and staff will help you plan a wedding feast which will delight you and your guests. Our menus are created with your tastes in mind using the freshest and best of the season. Your innkeepers will help guide you through every step of planning your wedding, from coordinating with a rental company to recommending the best florist in the area.
Weddings at the Arrowhead Inn do require reservations for overnight accommodations. We can host up to 20 guests and have several romantic suites perfect for an unforgettable wedding night. At the Arrowhead Inn, we are ready to help make all your wedding dreams come true.
Gatherings and Get-Togethers
Celebrate in a special way.
Whether you are planning a birthday or anniversary party, holiday get-together, bridesmaid luncheon, or rehearsal dinner, the Arrowhead Inn is the perfect place to host a special event. Our Keeping Room and verandas can be used for a variety of celebrations, from a casual gathering to a formal affair. You can work with our innkeeper/chef to design a meal that suits the occasion, and we will be happy to help you celebrate in a special way.
Start a new family tradition.
The spacious Manor House and acres of grounds provide the perfect venue for your next family reunion. Our nine guestrooms can accommodate a total of 20 overnight guests, and we would be happy to help you plan a memorable family dinner for all to enjoy during your stay. The town of Durham and its surrounding area provide a multitude of family-oriented activities that members of all ages can enjoy! Start your new family tradition at the Arrowhead Inn.
Make a great impression.
Located just a short drive from Research Triangle Park, the facilities at the Arrowhead Inn are ideally designed for conferences, meetings, or retreats for groups of 4 to 30 people. You are welcome to utilize our garden verandas for break-out sessions, and wireless Internet access is available throughout the Inn. If needed, overnight accommodations are available for up to 9 guests.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner can be prepared at the Inn, allowing you to create a schedule that best suits your needs. We can also provide morning and afternoon refreshments to help keep all your creative juices flowing! Contact us to start planning an event that will help you make a great impression.
Top Ten Things to do in Durham
- Spend an afternoon strolling through the lovely Sarah P. Duke Gardens on Duke University's West Campus. Discover exotic blooms as well as local beauties growing side by side. Just beyond the gardens, you'll find the beautiful Duke Chapel. Duke's West Campus is also home to the magnificent Nasher Museum of Art whose galleries feature many local artists as well as exhibits on national tours.
- Tantalize your taste buds with a sumptuous Dinner at the Inn, served in our elegant Keeping Room, romantic gazebo, or in the privacy of your suite. Or, savor the flavor of Durham and visit award-winning restaurants! Many of Durham's chefs take pride in incorporating local ingredients into all their dishes.
- Those who appreciate the arts will find many opportunities to experience new sights and sounds in the Durham area. The beautiful new Durham Performing Arts Center sets the stage for Broadway Carolina and musical performances of all genres. Duke University provides a venue for world-class performances and art exhibits.
- Experience nature in a totally new way! Spend an afternoon canoeing or kayaking on the Eno River with rentals available from Frog Hollow . Their experienced guides can give you the insiders scoop on the best places to paddle.
- For the young and young at heart visit the Museum of Life and Science and engage in a variety of exhibits from the Magic Wings Butterfly House to the hands on Catch the Wind demonstration. There is something for everyone! For those more animal-oriented check out the Duke Lemur Center, be sure to call in advance and schedule a tour!
- Spend a few hours sipping a glass of North Carolina wine at a local vineyard, Rock of Ages Winery. For a different tasting experience, check out the Triangle Brewery in downtown Durham. Sample their Belgian and American style brews and request a tour of the brewery.
- Pack a lunch and hit the trails at the Little River Regional Park. This park features shaded, moderate hiking trails winding along the Little River. Or, hike the trails of the Eno River State Park,Â West Point on the Eno to access the river trails of Eno River State Park.
- Root, root, root for the home team! Watch the minor-league Durham Bulls play ball at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. The baseball stadium is surrounded by the restored warehouses of the American Tobacco Campus. Every Bulls game is full of excitement and entertainment, with many games followed by a fantastic fireworks display!
- Explore our local vibrant farms! Play with the goats at Elodie Farms and learn about cheese making! Or view unique trees at our neighbor Architectural Trees. And if you're lucky enough to travel to Durham on a Wednesday or Saturday, be sure to check out the Farmers Market in Downtown Durham.
- Hit the links at a nearby championship golf course! Or challenge yourself on one of Durham's many exceptional courses including the golf course at the Washington Duke Inn.
Directions to the Arrowhead Inn
Arrowhead Inn, our bed and breakfast in Durham, offers elegant accommodations in the heart of North Carolina’s Triangle area: Durham, Raleigh, and Chapel Hill. An inviting alternative to typical hotel lodging, Arrowhead Inn is convenient to local colleges such as Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, as well as a wide variety of area activities and attractions.
I-85 North or South
Take Interstate 85 to Exit 176B (501 North/Duke Street/Roxboro) and turn right. Proceed approximately 7 miles north over the Eno River, until you see Northern High School on the left. Approximately 1 mile ahead, at a traffic light (Mason/Snowhill Road), make a left turn onto Mason Road, and the entrance to the Arrowhead Inn will be immediately on your right.
I-40 East or West ( RDU Airport-Take I-40 West)
Take Interstate I-40 to Exit 279B (147 North/Durham Freeway). Take Exit 12C (Duke Street) and merge right onto Duke Street. Stay in middle lane and continue straight on Duke Street. (Cross over I-85). Proceed approximately 7 miles north over the Eno River, until you see Northern High School on the left. Approximately 1 mile ahead, at a traffic light (Mason/Snowhill Road), make a left turn onto Mason Road, and the entrance to the Arrowhead Inn will be immediately on your right.
Take 15-501 North until you see the Duke/15-501 Bypass Exit, merge right onto the Bypass. Follow 15-501 and it will merge with I-85 North. Take 176B (501 North/ Duke Street/Roxboro) and turn right. Proceed approximately 7 miles north over the Eno River, until you see Northern High School on the left. Approximately 1-mile ahead, at a traffic light (Mason/Snowhill Road), make a left turn onto Mason Road, and the entrance to the Arrowhead Inn will be immediately on your right.
Driving times to the Arrowhead Inn from:
- RDU - 25 minutes
- Downtown Durham - 15 minutes
- Duke University - 15 minutes
- Chapel Hill - 25 minutes
- Raleigh - 40 minutes