Asheville Green Cottage
Table Of Contents
Asheville Green Cottage is a unique Bed & Breakfast experience, 1/2 mile from the Biltmore Estate and 1/4 mile from the Mission/St. Joseph's Hospital Complex, minutes from the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway and downtown Asheville in North Carolina.
Located in a quiet Historic Asheville neighborhood, and housed in a 1920's Arts & Crafts granite block house, our amenities include a green and healthy environment where we cater to many different dietary requests, and a simple sophisticated ambiance reflecting different international flavors.
My husband, Neeraj Kebede and I (Vicki Schomer) designed, renovated, and opened Asheville Green Cottage as an eco-friendly and healthy bed and breakfast in the Fall of 2006.
It is our goal to offer a unique place where Asheville visitors can stay, to share our commitment to a green and conscious life, about our lives and loves, and a place where our special guests meet other very special guests.
We renovated our bed and breakfast to not only be green but also to provide a truly healthy environment. We are fragrance-free, smoke-free, and use the simplest most natural products for all our cleaning and maintenance.
Along the way, we've had some wonderful travel adventures, so our room themes share some of those favorite spots from around the world. The quiet, serene ambiance of our bed and breakfast reflects our desire to create a special retreat for all kinds of guests and friends.
We’d love to share Asheville Green Cottage with you.
Whether you’re a “tree-hugger”, a vegetarian, focused on sustainable living, or chemically sensitive, you will enjoy our ‘green’ rooms at Asheville Green Cottage. The entire B&B is painted and outfitted with healthy and earth-friendly materials and products. Each room has a queen-sized natural latex foam mattress, with cotton, bamboo, and organic-cotton bedding. Each room has its own private full bathroom with healthy body care products and a chlorine filtering showerhead.
Our bed and breakfast is smoking and fragrance-free.
Rooms are priced by size of the room.
- Four international-theme rooms with private bath (see pictures for descriptions and rates, or visit our photo gallery for larger images)
- Queen-sized healthy beds; 2 rooms with electric fireplaces
- Central heating and air conditioning
- Guest refrigerator
- Free Wi-Fi
- CD player/clock radio per room
- Cable TV upon request
- Public office space
- Library of books, CD's and games
We cater to most dietary needs, with advance notice.
Full breakfast includes fresh fruit cup, international "eggs of the day", pastries and breads, fair-trade organic coffee and herb teas. We strive to prepare our breakfasts with as much organic, local, and fair-trade food as we can find.
All-day healthy snacks; beverages and wine upon request.
We believe deeply in sustainable living. We designed and renovated Asheville Green Cottage with the goal of creating a beautiful, green and healthy establishment, and operate it every day using products that have the lowest impact on the planet and everyone who lives here. We are members of the Green Hotels Association.
- Eco-friendly paints and finishes
- Hardwood and Bamboo Floors
- Furniture from solid wood or renewable resources
- Reclaimed materials
- Products with recycled content
- Wool, hemp and sisal area rugs
- Hemp, hemp-cotton and cotton fabrics
- Accessories supporting local and indigenous communities
- Energy efficient equipment
- Water saving fixtures
- High efficiency heating system
- Extensive recycling
- Earth-friendly cleaning and laundry products
- Bulk dispensed bodycare products
- Low EMFs
- Carbon neutral footprint
- Fragrance free
- Smoke free
- Low and zero VOC paints and finishes
- Formaldehyde-free furniture and accessories
- Natural latex foam mattresses
- Organic cotton or bamboo fiber linens
- Cruelty free duvets
- Low VOC carpets - Africa and India Rooms
- Chlorine filtering showerheads
- Healthy body care products
- Organic or natural cleaning and maintenance products
- Chemical free landscape
- Organic, local and vegetarian foods