Caldwell House Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Welcome to the Caldwell House, our award winning New York Bed and Breakfast located in Salisbury Mills. We are pleased to invite you to stay with us for a romantic weekend getaway, a memorable honeymoon vacation, or even your next family reunion get-together! Our goal is provide you with comfortable lodging and an enjoyable, carefree experience.
“Best B&B in Hudson Valley” - Hudson Valley Magazine
Orange County’s only Diamond B&B -BedandBreakfast.com
Top Rated – 5 Stars - Trip Advisor.com
Voted Best Bed and Breakfast in the Hudson Valley 2008-10.
“Best Breakfast in New York, 2005” INN TRAVELER Magazine
B&B of DISTINCTION WINNER 2008: New York State Hospitality & Tourism Association
"It's a charmer..." THE CORNWALL LOCAL May 26, 2006
We are 60 minutes from NYC but 200 years away!
NO CAR, NO PROBLEM: TAKE THE TRAIN
We will pick you up and your bike too, if you have one, at the Salisbury Mills/Cornwall train station (approx 1 mille away). www.mta.info
"This is the kind of place for people who genuinely enjoy staying at B&B's." FROMMER'S NEW YORK STATE, 2009
"If you want a truly DELUXE B&B EXPERIENCE try the Caldwell House" - Joanne Michaels - An Explorer's Guide to the Hudson Valley & Catskill Mountains, 2009
Our historic Hudson Valley bed and breakfast is located 15 minutes north of West Point, between Cornwall and Washingtonville. We offer beautiful and comfortable accommodations, a full three course home made breakfast each morning and a variety of amenities to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. We are confident that you will find the Caldwell House B & B an exciting alternative to conventional hotel lodging.
Experience the pleasures of early 19th-century living at our charming and romantic New York State inn. Our sun-filled parlor with its ten-foot ceiling, sunflower yellow walls, and damask curtains features an Italian marble-trimmed fireplace, Hudson River School landscape painting by Jasper Cropsey, a Victorian melodeon, a Victorian sofa, and comfortable chairs.
Why stay at impersonal Hudson Valley hotels? At Caldwell House, you are welcome to make yourself at home. The living room with its soft blue walls and damask curtains also has a ten-foot ceiling with an unusual curved back wall, an Italian marble-trimmed coal-burning fireplace, sofa, art work by Robert Gould, and assorted mahogany furniture. Relax, read, plan your day, or meet guests who come in from around the world. Enjoy genuine hospitality and thoughtfully appointed lodging accommodations while exploring Bear Mountain, West Point, Cornwall, and the rest of the lower Hudson Valley.
Pictured on one wall is John Caldwell, Jr. (1769-1850) in his younger and later years. Many of his descendents have visited our house. People ask us, if any of the Caldwell ghosts are around? Our house is a very peaceful and serene place. Savor the food and enjoy the company of another guest from Boston, Brooklyn, or Bangkok.
Located in close proximity to many area attractions, there is plenty to see and do. Explore local art and history at one of the many museums in the area. Find outdoor adventure in any season: hike the many area parks in the spring, cruise the Hudson River in the summer, go apple picking in the fall and downhill skiing in the winter. Shopping enthusiasts will love to spend time exploring the wide variety of antique shops, farmers markets and the largest U.S. designer outlet center right here in the mid-Hudson Valley.
Just relax and wind down from your hectic schedule and read a book by the parlor fire or chat with other guests on our front porch. However you choose to spend your days, we are sure you will enjoy your stay at your home away from home, the Caldwell Bed and Breakfast.
- 60 minutes from New York City
- 15 minutes from I-84 & I-87
- HUDSON VALLEY BED AND BREAKFAST
- HISTORIC and ROMANTIC GETAWAY
- IN THE HEART OF THE HUDSON VALLEY
- 10 mins from WEST POINT
A full three-course home made breakfast is served in our dining room. Complementary sodas, Keurig beverages and home made baked goods are always available in the dining room for guest to enjoy.
Free wireless internet available throughout the house. Each room comes complete with HDTV/Cable/DVD and free WiFi internet is available throughout the house.
Celebrate the beginning of the day in the sun drenched dining room. The table is set with a mix of delectable baked goods that will tempt your palate. It will leave you looking forward to mornings to come.
Breakfast is served in three courses at our country inn. With prior notice, we will make every effot to honor any dietary restrictions you may have.
Breakfast is sure to be a highlight of your stay at the Caldwell House. Taste wonderful flavors and meet interesting guests in the gracious dining room, with its historic cranberry walls and flowered curtains, furnished with a Chippendale-style, mahogany double pedestal table and chairs. The mahogany china cabinet displays Wedgewood china and Waterford crystal.
I Would Like That Recipe
FREE SHIPPING - SAVE $5
TOTAL PRICE $15.00
I Would Like That Recipe: Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast Best Rated Recipes contains over 170 recipes. All are contained in a high quality gold embossed green three ring binder hard cover cookbook. Helpful cooking hints and humorous quotes are contained in the book. Photos of Caldwell family members and the current owners are used as sectional dividers.
Dena's breakfasts are quite popular with our guests and such tasty treats as
- ginger scones
- pumpkin pancakes
- creme brulee French toast
- pear crisp
- lavender cookies
The cookbooks can be purchased online in our Cookbook section or by calling. The cost is $15.00, plus 8.125% tax for NY residents. A cookbook stand is also available for an additional $1.00. Purchase two or more cookboks at a reduce cost of $13.95 each.
This restored colonial was built while Thomas Jefferson was president. John Caldwell, an immigrant from the northern part of Ireland who sought liberty in America, became "comfortably settled" with his four daughters on this estate in Blooming Grove, Orange County, NY. You will be comfortably settled, too.
The Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast is the centerpiece of three houses owned by the Caldwell family.
Eat, Drink, & Shop...
- Brotherhood Winery - America's oldest winery, 5 minutes away.
- Woodbury Common Premium Outlets - Over 200 stores.
- Roe's Orchards - Growing apples and pumpkins and baking pies since before The Civil War.
- Weirs Dairy Bar - 1950'S drive up ice cream landmark.
- Antiques - We will provide you a list of our favorites.
- Many great restaurants.
- Storm King Art Center - The largest outdoor sculpture park in America. 5 minutes away.
- Sugar Loaf, the Art and Craft Village - Over 50 shops, galleries and restaurants.
- DIA Beacon
- U.S. Military Academy-West Point - Magnificent setting.
- Gomez Mill House - The oldest existing Jewish residence in the U.S.
- Boscobel Restoration - A classic Federal style home with superb views of the Hudson River Valley.
- Washington's Headquarters - A Caldwell family member helped establish this landmark in 1850 as the first publicly operated historic site in the U.S.
- General Knox's Headquarters - and other historic American Revolutionary sites.
- The Werner House/Constitution Island - Beautiful setting in the Hudson River near West Point.
- Museum Village - The largest living history museum in New York State.
The Great Outdoors...
- Schunemunk Mountain - Six marked trails ranging from 1.6 to 8.1 miles, excellent views.
- Crows Nest and Storm King - Ah wilderness!
- Black Rock Forest - Marked and unmarked trails ranging from short walks to long hikes.
- Bear Mt. State Park - Spectacular views & 5000 acres of trails.
- Museum of the Hudson Highlands & Kendridge Farm - Ah nature!
- Hil-Mar Lodge - Swimming Pool and Tennis Courts. Nominal fee. 5 minutes away.
- Bear Mountain State Park Pool - Ice skating in winter.
- Moodna Viaduct - The largest railroad trestle spanning a land mass in America.
- Scenic drives - Routes 9W, South of Comwall, and Old Storm King Highway, Route 218 - Eye popping views.
- Bear Mountain Bridge - 77 years spanning the Hudson River.
- Hudson Highlands Cruises and Tours - Relax and enjoy scenic views.
- Hudson River Cruises - A unique glimpse of the Hudson Valley.