Adda Trimmer House Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Adda Trimmer House is rated 3 Diamonds by AAA.
The Adda Trimmer House is conveniently located in the heart of the Finger Lakes in historic downtown Penn Yan, named one of the top 100 Best Small Towns in America.
A variety of shops, restaurants, and boutiques are within walking distance as well as Keuka Lake and the Keuka Outlet Trail. Many wineries, craft and farm markets, hiking and bike trails, and public parks are nearby.
Whatever the occasion, the Adda Trimmer House is the perfect destination or a peaceful get-a-way.
David Orville Trimmer built Adda Trimmer House for his family in 1891. As testament to his success as a wine merchant, the home was very extravagant for its day. The Queen Anne style Victorian house was home to the Trimmer family until the early 1970s.
The home had fallen into disrepair by 1996 when the current owner purchased the property. After two years of careful restoration, Trimmer House today is a fine example of late Victorian architecture complimented by period furnishings.
Enter a home accented by hand oiled oak, cypress, and mahogany woodwork. Walk across important marble and oak floors. Glance overhead to admire ornate ceilings, plaster work and handcrafted period chandeliers. Authentic hand painted stencils adorn each room.
The Library, featuring a cozy fireplace, is complete with an assortment of novels and other reading material including local history and information on area attractions.
The Music Room is perfect for social gatherings, having a cup of tea, playing board games, or just relaxing. Listen to ragtime jazz on our turn of the century nickelodeon piano.
Step outside and watch the horse and buggies pass by, or relax and swing on our large front porch. Enjoy the outdoor hot tub! In the morning, enjoy a full gourmet breakfast in our spacious, formal dining room.
In-suite modem ports
Conference room seating up to 12
Let the Trimmer House cater to all your small private events and business meeting needs.
While staying in the Finger lakes region, be sure to check out some of the local attractions!
- Finger Lakes Golf Courses
- Glenn Curtiss Aviation Museum
- Keuka Lake Wine Trail
- Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge
- Penn Yan Flying Club
- Sonnenberg Gardens
- Watkins Glen State Park
- The Windmill Craft Market
For more information about Finger Lakes area attractions, please visit our Attractions page.
Rates & Reservation Information
- Rates vary based on season and day of the week. See "Lodgings"
- Each additional person add $25.
- Up to a 10% discount for cash payment - "may not be combined with other discounts and promotions".
- We accept travelers checks, American Express, Visa and MasterCard.
- All rates are subject to New York Sales Tax (8% NYS sales tax plus 4% local lodging tax)
- Please call in advance for availability.
- Walk-ins are welcome, but reservations are suggested.
- A two night minimum stay is requested on Saturdays during peak season.
- Cancellation Policy: We request that reservations are guaranteed with a major credit card. In the event that a cancellation is made within two weeks of the reservation, you will be charged for the reservation if the room is not rented.
- Check in between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m. (Late arrivals by special arrangement)
- Check out is 11:00 a.m.
- Full gourmet breakfast is included in rate.
- Children by special arrangement.
- Off-street parking available.
- Smoking permitted on outside porches and verandas.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Let the Trimmer House cater to all your small, private events and business meeting needs.
- Wireless Internet
- Free shuttle service for the Yates County Airport.
- Let us arrange a round of golf for you at Lake Side Country Club.
- Spa services including Therapeutic Massage available.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides are available.
- Gift Certificates are available!