Table Of Contents
Welcome and "Rest A While" at Orient Inn!
Orient Inn is an easy stroll or bike ride from the picturesque and historic Hamlet of Orient. Swimming, Sailing, Fishing, and Exploring the vast network of nature trails are all part of the Orient experience. A cyclist’s dream, the area is a world-renowned biking destination, with level terrain and glorious views. Discover the quaint villages and back roads of the North Fork, as you wind your way through vistas that seem plucked from another era. Stop and sample award-winning wines at the vineyards while enjoying local music. Partake of the rich, local bounty at the many farm stands. Feast on an outstanding meal – fresh daily from the sea, farm or field - at one of the area’s fine restaurants…it’s all in a day on the North Fork. Orient Inn is just minutes from the vibrant Maritime Village of Greenport. If you’re in the mood to wander farther afield, hop the ferry to Shelter Island or the casinos in Connecticut. However you spend your time here, Orient Inn welcomes you back at the end of your day.
ABOUT THE INN
Orient Inn offers a peaceful, casual atmosphere with 5 airy, spacious bedrooms, each with private bath. The classic, Center Foyer with fireplace aglow provides a warm and welcoming entrance. Rich, craftsman pocket doors open onto the Great Room where groupings of chairs and sofas await. Guests can relax with a book, play board games or just sit and enjoy the company of others.Come morning, guests enjoy a sumptuous breakfast, fireside, in the wood-paneled Dining Room - or they may take it al fresco in the gardens, or on one of the wrap-around porches. Guests may also take their breakfast to their rooms.Coffee, tea, drinks, fresh fruit and homemade cookies are always available.Member of:
- Member of Small Elegant Hotels
- Hotel Contacts
- Slow Food
- Member of Vine University
- Elegant Bed & Breakfasts of the North Fork
- Oysterponds Historical Society
- Poquatuck Hall Association OCA
- LI Wine Council
- North Fork Promotion Council
- Peconic Land Trust
- Greenport/Southold Chamber of Commerce
- Orient’s back roads offer beautiful biking and hiking trails that include Orient Beach State Park, Orient Point County Park and Dam Pond Maritime Reserve
- The National Wetlands
- local beaches and historic Orient Village founded in 1620
- Museum-Oysterponds Historical Societywww.oysterpondshistoricalsociety.org
- Orient State Park beaches and picnic and play grounds www.nysparks.n.us/parks/info.asp?
- Bike Rentals-delivery and pickup service provided to and from Orient Inn (Includes helmets and locks) 631-466-4943
- Dan's Bike Rentals
- Kayaking: Kayaks brought to, and picked up from the launch of your choice. 646-673-1423
- Charter boats are available, for fishing, lighthouse touring, or just relaxing at sea. Advance reservations required.
- Golf www.islandsendgolf.com
- Vineyard Tours and EventsWinemaker's Walks & Wine Tasting at Borghese Vineyard Watch Video & Make Reservations Online
- Trails for Cross Country Skiing
- Ice Skating
- Ice Sailing
SPECIAL LINKS:En suite massages available with advance reservationsDIRECTIONS:Orient Inn25500 Main RoadOrient, NY 11957PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION TO ORIENT INNHampton Jitney to Orient Village.LIRR to GreenportCindy's Cab Company631-876-5121Cross Sound FerryEnterprise Rent-A-Car - Riverheadwill meet your bus or train.If you have any questions or need further information about Orient Inn, Please call 631-323-2300 or fax 631-323-2301
- Check-in 3:00 pm, room will be held until 7:00 pm unless prior alternative arrangements are made.
- Check-out: 11:00am.
- We will hold luggage for early arrivals until your room is ready
- Late departures may store their belongings by prior arrangement
- Free wireless internet connection available
- Private sommelier for wine tasting and vineyard touring
- Fishermen mid-week specials…early breakfast and boxed lunch
"Orient Inn is the perfect spot for our guests to enjoy private dinner parties and special events," says Joan Turturro, the inn's owner. A master chef and graduate of the French Culinary Institute, Joan is on hand to discuss all the possibilities. Orient Inn is also available to host your next focus group, workshop or retreat.Dinners At Orient Inn*Dinner is available for our guests, their families and friends. Chef Joan will help plan your menu according to your individual needs. Our dining room is warm and comfortable and is a perfect room to spend an evening. Outside dining is available in warm weather.Dinner is available upon request.Boxed lunch and picnic baskets are availableA light supper (with advanced notice) or full family dinner is available for guests who arrive late on Friday.*Please reserve in advance.Vine UniversityOrient Inn welcomes you to Vine University, a fun filled and educational course in wine making. Attend two sessions, including the wine tasting of your own home made wine by celebrity judges and enjoy the Graduation Dinner at beautiful Jamesport Inn in December. Use the links below for additional information.