Kountry Living Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Located within an easy 1/2 mile walk to the city of Oneonta; Kountry Living Bed and Breakfast is nestled at the base of historic New York 28, In Oneonta, New York.
Offering a beautiful country setting, timelessly elegant guest rooms, and hearty individualized breakfast, Kountry Living Bed and Breakfast can be your home away from home. Featuring a sun filled and airy porch and peaceful babbling stream this B&B is also convenient to local attractions including; State University at Oneonta, Hartwick College, Cooperstown All-Star Village, and the Cooperstown Baseball Hall of Fame.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Chris for sharing his own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
We have a mix of folks that stay with us for a variety of reasons. Many of our guests are visiting the local colleges Suny Oneonta or Hartwick. The baseball camps and music festivals also are a big draw as well as concerts and sightseeing - And of course the Baseball Hall of Fame!
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
We have a great atmosphere, great food and charm. Stuffed French toast, A New York Yankee themed landing. We have Bunny Rabbits and a Frog pond next to our babbling brook. Quite a few things you won't find in a boring hotel room.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Gorgeous mountain views, great restaurants / shops and musical venues. And only three hours from NYC!
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
I would have to say it's the rave reviews of my New York Yankee themed landing. Its a collection I have been working on for 30 years. Although we love to hear compliments on the food and service too.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
The best kept secret would be the Butterfly Conservatory in the city of Oneonta.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
There are many shops to browse and museums to see. Cooperstown is known as "Americas Perfect Village" and only 20 minutes away. Also you will find local breweries and wine tours. We have two golf courses nearby as well. In addition you will find a mall, movie theatres, Neahwa Park / pools, indoor skating rinks, bowling etc. Many of these options are within walking distance of our inn.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
The entire city of Oneonta is great place to visit and is about a 1/2 mile away.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
I would say Prime 289 or the Otesaga. The Yellow Deli is within walking distance and is amazing too and the neatest "throwback restaurant" - I have ever seen.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
We offer 4 different rooms.
Do you accept pets?
We can discuss this on a case by case basis. We dislike using the word no.
Breakfast is served in the mornings anytime between 7:00 am and 10:00 pm, catering to your schedule. However, we welcome our guests to use our kitchen and utilities during off-meal periods.
Our meals are made with the finest local ingredients. We partner with Lappy Hen 1/2 Acre, who delivers a variety of eggs to our Inn, ensuring your breakfast as fresh as possible.
From NYC and surrounding areas:
- Travel west on the Cross Bronx Expressway, follow signs to the George Washington Bridge (upper level)
- From the George Washington Bridge, keep far right
- Once on the bridge, keep far right and look for the Palisades Parkway entrance
- Take the Palisades Parkway to exit 18
- Take 6 west to 17 west
- Take Route 17 west to exit 94 Roscoe
- Make a left at the end of the ramp onto Route 206
- Follow signs to Oneonta
- Turn right at the blinking light, then left at the traffic light and continue to the next light
- Make a right at this light onto Townsend Street
- Continue to the end of this road and make a left onto County Route 21
- As you enter Franklin, make a right onto Route 357. Route 357 takes you to Route 28
- Turn left onto Route 28 (north) Take Route 28 into Oneonta
Use Route 17 N or take the Garden state parkway to Route 17 N
Binghamton & Points West:
Take I-88 East to Oneonta Exit 14, right to 576 NY 28
Albany and New England:
- Take NYS Thruway to I-88 West to Oneonta
- Exit 15, left towards Wendy’s
- Make a right onto Route 28 South (1 mile)
As much as we dislike ‘rules’, we need to have a few:
- Smoking is not permitted indoors
- We cannot accommodate pets
- Check-in is between 3 and 10 pm
- Check-out is 11 am
- Some weekends require a minimum stay
- ‘Summer’ and ‘college weekend’ reservations require a 4-week notice of cancellation and re-rental of the suite for a refund of your 50% deposit, minus a service charge
- Other cancellations are more flexible but, unfortunately, require a service charge