Table Of Contents
Mountain Meadows is a New Paltz Bed and Breakfast respresenting the finest in Hudson Valley Lodging. Your hosts, Corinne D'Andrea and Art Rifenbary, welcome you. Nestled in the foothills of The Catskills, Mountain Meadows has so much to offer.
- Casual yet graceful living
- Spectacular Catskill Mountain views
- Heated pool and hot tub
- Relaxing by a fireplace with a good book or good friend
- Shooting pool on a professional table in a cozy recreation room
- Croquet, badminton, or horseshoes on our spacious grounds
- Easy access to historic and exciting New Paltz, NY
- Close to Kingston, Woodstock, Saugerties, Dutchess County
- Weekend guests stay Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday!
Why settle for motels in New Paltz? Our New Paltz lodging allows you to retire to your large comfortable room with private bath and queen or king size bed. After a peaceful night's sleep you'll truly appreciate why you chose our Hudson Valley Bed and Breakfast.
Awaken to a breakfast of homemade muffins and breads, enticing entrees, and specially blended coffee or tea served in our pretty country guest kitchen or by the pool, while enjoying our gardens under the white cliffs of the Shawangunk Mountains and the Mohonk Tower.
Our Bed and Breakfast in New Paltz offers four bedrooms, each with a different personality and private bath.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Corinne D'Andrea and Art Rifenbary for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Most of our guests are into nature. They are hikers, bikers, climbers and love the comfort of coming back to friendly people and a relaxed atmosphere.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
Mostly, we love our guests, who, over the last 20 years, have been wonderful. We have made a great deal of friends and I feel people come because it's just a comfortable place to stay.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Beautiful hiking, biking and climbing at Lake Minnewaska State Park, and the Mohonk preserve
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
Guests say we serve the best breakfast they have ever had at a B&B.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Best kept secret is that it is so close to NYC and yet so vastly different. To have deer, birds, mountains and a serene atmosphere is a surprise to most of our city guests.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Visit Lake Minnewaska State Park, visit Mohonk Mountain House and the Mohonk Preserve, go antiquing, play golf, go climbing at the "Gunks" (world famous for climbing), go sky diving at Blue Sky Ranch, visit Huguenot Street, which is the oldest street in America still inhabited by descendents of the original settlers, visit Hyde Park for the F.D.Roosevelt Estate, Vanderbilt Estate, and the Culinary Institute of America. There is much to do in the New Paltz area.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Hiking trails; Town is 2 1/2 miles; mountains are 4 miles, so a vehicle is usually necessary unless guests just want to use our facilities.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
We have many restaurants in the area and a lot of them are owned by Culinary graduates. It would be hard to say which is a favorite.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
I have a list of them on my website.
How many rooms does your inn have?
We have four with private baths.
Do you accept pets?
Depending on the disposition of the dog will usually accept them. However, guests cannot leave them unattended for long periods of time. We can't accept cats as too many people have allergies to cats.
Amenities & Activities
Our large, heated, in-ground pool and hot tub has views of the Shawangunk Mountains and Mohonk Tower that change with the four seasons of the Hudson Valley. Along with full breakfast and afternoon refreshments, there is always tea, soft drinks, juice, snacks and home made cookies available in the Guest Kitchen. Our recreation room offers a fireplace, pool table, books, games, TV, videos and a wonderful place to relax and view the mountains.
- Panoramic Views
- 20' x 40' Outdoor In-ground Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Regulation Pool Table
- Lawn Games (Croquet, Badminton, Horseshoes)
- Game Room, Fireplace, TV, Wireless Internet
- Central Air Conditioning
- Afternoon Refreshments
- Delicious Home-Baked Goods Daily
- Full Breakfast (served on patio, weather permitting)
- Guest Kitchen
- King or Queen Sized Beds
- Private Baths
- Smoke Free Environment
- 4.5 Miles from NYS Thurway, Exit 18
- For The Historian: Shop for antiques and visit the many historic sites in the area.
- For The Sports Enthusiast: Biking, hiking, cross-country skiing at Lake Minnewaska State Park and the Mohonk Preserve, rock climbing in the 'gunks', swimming, boating, horseback riding, whitewater tubing and golf in the area.
- For The "Rocking Chair Sports" Enthusiast: Country walks, swinging in the hammock, bird and deer watching from the patio, the sounds of the country, drawing and painting, enjoying the summer flowers, fall colors, winter snow, and watching the beautiful sunsets.
- For The Gourmet: Sample some fine cuisine in the heartland of the Culinary Institute of America.
- For The Wanderer: Country crafts to fine antiques, fairs and craft shows, wineries, quaint villages and shops
- Exit 18 on NY State Thruway
- Follow Rt. 299 west 4 miles
- Turn Left on Albany Post Road (at intersection of 299, Butterville Rd. and Albany Post Rd.)
- 1/2 mile on Albany Post Rd. to Mountain Meadows on right