Table Of Contents
Romantic and Laidback Beachside Getaway
Romance is in the mountain air at Pilot Knob Inn Bed & Breakfast.
Delight in the ocean views from this romantic, but comfortable guesthouse getaway right on the Atlantic Ocean.
Sunrise Guest House in Montauk, New York is the only bed and breakfast in the area. The house is just steps away from the beach which is never crowded and a walking path that will lead you along the ocean to Montauk Village.
The house is only one mile from the many restaurants and shops downtown. Montauk offers an abundance of outdoor activities to enjoy including seal watch walks, whale watching cruises, fishing, golf, tennis, skateboarding, hiking, bird watching, horseback riding, and surfing.
Visitors are encouraged to visit the Montauk Point Lighthouse and the several beaches and state parks nearby. For those staying longer than just a weekend, day trips to Sag Harbor or Shelter Island are recommended.
The Guest House offers guestrooms with a private bath and garden view or guest suites with two rooms, a private bath, fireplace, and ocean view. Guests have access to the living room and dining room with a fireplace, and the porch overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
Each morning your stay at Sunrise Guest House includes a continental breakfast with muffins, fresh fruit, hot or cold cereal, coffee, tea, and orange juice.
Welcome to Sunrise Guest House!
Sunrise Guest House is a special and unique getaway, just steps to miles of beautiful beaches. It is very romantic and laid back, even in peak-season. There are very few people on "our beach".
The guesthouse is a special and unique getaway. Just steps from miles of beautiful beaches. Very romantic and laid back."
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Jim Barnes for sharing his own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Our guests stay with us because of our proximity to the ocean. All guest rooms have an ocean view.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
We are best known for being a small cozy inn. We are the only B&B in the area and we are within walking distance to the beach. We are known for being very "laid back".
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
People visit Montauk for the beach and all of the outdoor sports and activities available. We have fishing, swimming, surfing, golf, tennis, hiking, bird watching and horseback riding.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
We get a lot of great reviews on TripAdvisor. We are charming and relaxing with easy access to the beach.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Our beaches are never crowded..even in the summertime.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
People should visit the lighthouses and also take a day trip to Sag Harbor or Shelter Island.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
You can walk to the beach and we are located about 1 mile from downtown which has a lot of restaurants and shops.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Our favorite restaurants in the area include The Harvest, serving continental/seafood, Municci's which offers Italian cuisine, and Dave's Grill for continental/seafood.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
We have 4 rooms.
Do you accept pets?
We do not accept pets.
About the Inn
Our Guest House features guest rooms with a private bath and garden view or 2-room suites with a private bath, fireplace, and ocean view.
Your accommodations include use of the living/dining room areas with fireplace, our wonderful porch overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, and the hot tub with just the sky above.
A continental breakfast is served each morning including coffee, tea, hot or cold cereal, muffins, fruits, and orange juice. Guests may dine on tables in the dining or living room or outside on the wide porch.
Montauk is located at the very tip of Long Island, pointing out into the Atlantic Ocean, approximately 120 miles northeast of New York City. Montauk is easily accessed by car, bus, train and ferry.
Just across the street is a walking path along the ocean that will take you to Montauk Village or an international health spa. Of course, beach walking is great all year long!
- Montauk Point Lighthouse
- Several Beaches & State Parks
- Seal Watch Walks
- Whale Watching Cruises
- World-Class Golf
- Skateboard Park
- Hiking & Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
Welcome to Montauk
Montauk is an oceanfront playground located just 110 miles from New York City with over 5,000 acres of pristine public beaches and breathtaking diverse parkland. You'll enjoy swimming, surfing, fishing, boating, golfing, hiking, camping, horseback riding, biking, bird watching, observing nature, and more! It's a world class affordable vacation just a few hours away.
Montauk Yacht Club Tennis
The Montauk Yacht Club provides four Har-Tru courts overlooking the water. Open to the public, 7 days a week in Season. Offering a variety of lessons and clinics, junior summer camp, seasonal memberships and many events.Managed by renowned tennis group, Annacone Tennis Management.
Montauk Library offers a variety of activities throughout the year. Visit their website for more information www.montauklibrary.org/
Getting to Montauk
Easily accessed by car, bus, train and ferry, Montauk is within three (3) hours of New York City and key points in Westchester and Dutchess counties, New Jersey and Connecticut. To make your trip-planning easier, please refer to the information provided below.
- From New York City: Take the Long Island Expressway (495) East to Exit 70 ì Manorville Road
- Go South to the Sunrise Highway (Route 27) and then head East to Montauk (approximately 50 miles on Route 27)
- From North New Jersey and Upstate New York: Take the Throgs Neck Bridge onto the Clearview Expressway then to the Long Island Expressway and proceed as above
- From South New Jersey: Take the Verrazano Bridge and the Belt Parkway to the Southern State Parkway.
- Go East on the Southern State to the Sunrise Highway, and proceed to Montauk.
- From New London: For car and passenger service, take the Cross Sound Ferry from New London to Orient Point; travel West on Route 25 to the Greenport Ferry to the Shelter Island Ferry.
- Proceed on Route 114 South to 27 East to Montauk. Please call: (860) 443-5281 or (631) 323-2525 for schedules and information.
- In season, local passenger service is available from Block Island and New London on the Viking Lines. Call: (631) 668-5700.
By Bus, Plane or Rail
- The Hampton Jitney: Provides daily express bus service from Manhattan. Call (631) 283-4600.
- New England Airlines: Flies to Block Island and New England. Call: (800) 243-2460. L.I.
- MacArthur Airport: Located in Islip, this airport makes traveling from further origins very convenient as several major and regional carriers offer regular schedules. Call (631) 467-3210.
- Long Island Railroad: Makes daily trips to Montauk. Call: (631) 822-5477.