Table Of Contents
Come to Wing's Castle! Here you'll get the best of everything, guided tours and Bed and Breakfast accommodations. A cozy intimate Bed and Breakfast just opened May 1st, 2011. Sink your head into a feather pillow and let your cares float away, to enchanted lands beneath the old timbers of the castle roofs.
Wing's Castle is an American marvel. Located 75 miles north of New York City, the castle was the brain child of artists Peter and Toni Ann Wing. Wing was raised on a dairy farm adjacent to where the castle now sits, the Millbrook Winery has become what was once the Wing Farm.Wing returned from Vietnam in 1969, proposed to Toni Ann and in 1970 the long illustrious love affair of building a castle began. This enigma is still, to this day, 40 years later, under construction...as Toni states, it has become a "live in art project". Along with a love affair of castles came a love of anything old. Come for a visit and be memorized by the museum of antique memorabilia and collectibles, everything from military to primitive trinkets.
The house has been featured on Extreme Homes, HGTV, prime time television, and been the backdrop of many music albums, movies, and fashion shoots. Wings architecture has been compared to that of Antonio Gaudi, and his life's work to that of Michelangelo, a true renaissance man. Catch him on the right day and you will see him still out working, or maybe he will even guide you through the house himself. Either way you are sure to be entertained. Come see for yourself and hear the rest of the story about how the idea of a castle became a home and it was all accomplished using 80% recycled materials!
After your tour head down to the Milbrook Winery, a hop skip and a jump from the castle. Then jump in your car and head to the cute village of Millbrook where you can enjoy a quiet lunch or dinner at one of the towns many great restaurants! After lunch enjoy a stroll through Millbrook Antiques Mall "MAM", the storefront where Pete and Toni sell some of their collections. And if you keep a close eye you will see wood carvings, such as cigar store indians and other wood sculptures, Peter has carved for local proprietors!
The Castle is open for tours, during the hours and days listed below. Tours are available by appointment during the Spring Season for large groups, school trips, motorcycle & car clubs...etc. Regular tours begin Memorial Day weekend and continue through Labor Day, 12 noon until 4:30. Tours are offered on weekends only, Labor Day through Fall. Please phone for exact winter closing date as it varies with the weather. The castle closes for tours just about when the first snowfall lands, however the Bed & Breakfast remains open year round.
Hours & Admission
- Memorial Day- Labor Day: Wed - Sun tours
- Labor Day - Fall: Sat & Sun tours
- 12 - 4:30, last tour starts at 4pm, each tour last about 30min.
- Admission fee charged to enter grounds at gate, groups & buses welcome, please book large groups in advance.
- Walking on grounds prohibited without a paid tour entrance fee.
- Located 70 miles North of New York City, Manhattan.
From Taconic Parkway
- Take Millbrook rt. 44 exit.
- Head east on rt.44
- Proceed about 1 mile then turn left onto Rt. 82 by Troop K Headquarters (State Police)
- Go 3.5 miles then turn right onto Rt. 57 / Shunpike
- Go 3.5 miles take your 3rd left onto Bangall Rd.
- Go .5 mile (half of a mile) to mailbox 717 Wing's Castle is up the long dirt drive way on your left
- Please park in the available parking lot and keep a look out for tourists and pedestrians!