The Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Conveniently located in Lake Luzerne, The Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast offers you the warmth and charm of a bygone era complete with all the modern amenities discriminating travelers have come to appreciate. Set on 10 private acres, this delightful bed and breakfast consists of the Inn, the original caretaker's house (Brookside Cottage) and the Carriage House. Room choices range from quaint bedrooms with original mantels, tiles and woodwork to large spacious suites with Jacuzzi tubs, color television and remote-controlled gas fireplaces.
Also at the main Inn, there are the common rooms where guests can gather in front of two wood-burning fireplaces for good conversation, a glass of wine, or a game of Scrabble. The large wrap-around porch is a favorite gathering spot to read, relax, or just watch the world go by on a warm summer's evening.
When you aren't relaxing at the bed and breakfast, there are plenty of year-round activities for you to enjoy. During the summer you can swim at the beach - conveniently located one block from the Inn. In the winter, enjoy nearby downhill skiing, snowmobiling and cross-country skiing. And in autumn, nature takes center stage as fall foliage paints the landscape in crisp, bright colors.
Restaurants and nightclubs abound in both Saratoga and Lake George, and during July and August, Saratoga Springs is the place to be for horse racing. Throughout the Adirondack region you can find whitewater rafting, canoeing, hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding. The area also boasts numerous museums and plays summer host to many cultural events.
Activities in and around Lake Luzerne
- Adirondack Folk School
- Luzerne Music Center
- Chamber Concerts
- White Water Rafting
- Mini Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Restaurants and Ice Cream parlors
Activities Open All Year
- Outlet Shopping, including outlets such as Nine West, Polo/Ralph Lauren, The Gap, Jones New York, Dress Barn, and many more
- Museums and Galleries
- Antique Shopping
- Horseback riding
- Movie Theaters
- Skiing at Gore or West Mountains
- Cross country skiing
- Ice Fishing
- Winter Carnival
Summer and Fall Activities are Endless
- Lake George cruises
- Swimming, picnicing, boating
- Whitewater Rafting
- Saratoga Racing
- Balloon rides
- Great Escape
- Scenic train rides
- Dinner Theater
- Historic Forts
- Hiking, biking
- Horseback riding
- September Hot Air Balloon Festival
- Oktoberfest/September and October
Just 3 1/2 hours from northern New Jersey, Boston, Montreal, and Syracuse.
From the South
- NY State Thruway (I-87) to Exit 24 in Albany.
- After toll take entrance 1N (1-87 - The Northway) toward Montreal.
- Take Northway to Exit 21 - Lake George/Lake Luzerne exit.
- Down ramp, bear left and make left onto 9N south Follow 9N for 10 miles and the Inn is on the right. One block after the high school.
From the North
- Northway (I-87) exit 21, make right onto 9N south.
- Follow 9N for 10 miles and the Inn is on the right. One block after the high school.
From the West
- I-90 East to Fultonville exit 28, Route 30A.
- Go through the toll, make the first left and continue to traffic light about 1/2 mile. Make a right at the light, continue about 1/2 mile to the next traffic light, make a left - 30A and 5 West.
- Go about another 1/2 mile to the next light and make a right on to Route 30A. Take Route 30A about 5 1/2 miles, you are looking for Route 29 East . There will be a Stewarts' Store on the right at the turn. Take 29 East approximately 30 miles. At about 30 miles you will come to a traffic light. Make a left on to West End Avenue, there is another Stewarts' on the right. Take West End Avenue to next light.
- Make a left on to 9N North. Take 9N North approximately 14 miles, three traffic lights to the town of Corinth.
- At the third traffic light, make a left on to 9N North. Follow 9N North about another 5 miles into Lake Luzerne. The Inn will be on the left.