Table Of Contents
Deep in the forest, only minutes from fabulous restaurants, shopping, hiking, and Mohonk Mountain House, our B&B offers ultimate relaxation and romance. Featuring outdoor Jacuzzi spa, natural beauty of 50 private acres, and sunny quiet, only 2 hours from NY City, we are central to all summer and winter sports. Hang out by the fireplace, watch a movie from our extensive video library, or go from morning till night with local activities such as hiking, golf, horseback riding, swimming, mountain biking, x-country skiing, antiquing, wineries, and more.
We serve a weekend holiday buffet breakfast from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., so you can sleep late. It includes fresh fruit, coffee cake, muffins, a main course, gourmet cheeses, cereals, juice, milk, coffee, and tea. On weekday mornings, we serve a continental breakfast at your convenience of fresh fruit, a choice of cereals, coffee cake, coffee, tea, and juice.
Whispering Pines is a New Paltz bed & breakfast, only 15 minutes from downtown New Paltz in the middle of 50 private, wooded acres in the beautiful and historic hamlet of High Falls. Mohonk Mountain House hiking and sightseeing only three miles away! Minnewaska Lake swimming, hiking, and cross-country skiing are only a ten-minute drive.
Dining: Elegant or casual fine dining, including High Falls' four star DePuy Canal House Restaurant.
Shopping: Antiques, art, and crafts center of the Catskills. Woodstock nearby. Woodbury Commons Factory Outlets en route from NYC.
Summer: Swim at local rivers, lakes and waterfalls. Fish, hike, golf, bike, rock climb, or just bask in the sun.
Winter: Ski downhill one hour away or cross-country ski nearby. Take winter hikes in the woods, see the frozen waterfall at Minnewaska, laze in a hot Jacuzzi in your room or on the deck, and enjoy the living room fireplace.
Celia is a free-lance writer and avid gardener.
HD is a musician, architectural woodworker and fine furniture maker.
Some Comments from our Guest Book
"When I decided to spend a couple of days away from NYC, I couldn't have chosen a better getaway than this one! My daughter and I just love the woods & all the nature we had to soak in from your B&B." -- Jazmin & Delilah, NJ
"What an enjoyable stay!! We had a wonderful time seeing deer every dusk and waking up to chirping birds was so peaceful." -- Kevin & Denise, NJ
"This weekend was just what the doctor ordered. Healing for the body, mind & soul. We cannot thank you enough!" -- Ron & Lyn, NY
"The room was perfect, the location beautiful, and the hospitality unmatched. Thanks for everything." -- Taun & Kidra, NY
"Great atmosphere! Very relaxing, delicious breakfast. Outdoor jacuzzi in winter is fantastic!" -- Sveta & Ross
"Great daytime adventures snowshoeing in your wonderland. Evening under the stars, looking at the stars. Your home made us feel so welcome -- thank you so much!" -- Bob, Kathy, & Tom, MD
"Thank you for a beautiful stay in a cozy place among the yellow leaves. Great hot tub under the stars!" -- Nils and Milan, Holland
"This has been a lovely "honeymoon" for the family. Thanks for helping to make it so special." --Suiritra, John, & family, Brooklyn, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Kentucky, Dubai, India
"Thank you for providing such a wonderful and loving environment for our minds and bodies to rest!!"
- Buddy and Rita, Ft. Lauderdale, FL and NYC
Directions from New York City to New Paltz (2 hours):
- West Side Highway North to
- George Washington Bridge (upper level is best) to
- Palisades Parkway North to
- Exit 9W (Do NOT take Route 9W, exit 4) NY State Thruway Rt 87 North
- NY State Thruway Route 87 North to
- Exit 18, New Paltz
- Turn left after paying the toll onto Rt. 299, New Paltz's Main Street. Follow directions below.
Directions from New Paltz to Whispering Pines (15 minutes):
- Drive through New Paltz on Main Street out of town over green metal bridge. Follow signs to Mohonk Mountain House.
- Take first right after green metal bridge onto Springtown Road.
- Take first left onto Mountain Rest Road.
- Follow Mt. Rest Rd. up the mountain to the top. You will pass Mohonk Mountain House on the top of the mountain. NOTE YOUR MILEAGE HERE.
- Follow Mt. Rest Rd. another 3.7 miles to Cedar Hill Road. (Note that at 3.1 miles, Mossy Brook Road "/'s off to your right. Stay left.) Cedar Hill Road is a sharp "switchback" left. You will drive back on Cedar Hill Road almost in the direction from which you came.
- You will go about 0.25 miles on Cedar Hill Road. Whispering Pines is the third driveway on your right. We have a small sign above the mail box. You can not see the house from the road. Drive back into the woods 1/4 mile.
DIRECTIONS FROM HARRISBURG, PA TO WHISPERING PINES B & B
Route 81 North to Scranton, PA, then take
Route 84 East to Newburgh, NY, then take
NY State Thruway Route 87 North (you will go only one exit), then take Exit 18, New Paltz. Follow directions above.
DIRECTIONS FROM BOSTON/MASS PIKE TO WHISPERING PINES
- Take Mass Pike Route 90 West (when you get to NY State, the Mass Pikeis called the NY State Thruway) almost to Albany, then take
- NY State Thruway Route 87 South to Kingston, then take
- Exit 19, Kingston.
- After the exit 8 toll, take Route 209 South toward "Ellenville."
- Continue for about 8 1/2 miles into the hamlet of Stone Ridge.
- Drive through Stone Ridge. After the town, on your left will be a small mall, called "Town Center," with Eckert Pharmacy and a grocery store.
- After this mall, turn left onto Route 213 East, toward "Rosendale."
- Continue 1 + miles. You will go through one streetlight, then over a small metal bridge. You will then be in High Falls.
- Continue about 1/2 mile into the center of the hamlet of High Falls. When you reach the comer where:
- The Eggs Nest Restaurant is on your left, and
- The Clove Valley Restaurant is on your right, and
- The road crossing 213 is Bruceville Road on your left and Mohonk Road on your right ...
- Turn right onto Mohonk Road. (This road is called "Mountain Rest Road" in New Paltz.) Go straight for 1 mile to a V: Mohonk Road veers off to the left and Cedar Hill Road continues straight ahead. Go straight ahead onto Cedar Hill Road.
- Whispering Pines (#60 Cedar Hill Road) is the third driveway on your right once you get onto Cedar Hill Road. You can not see the house from the road; there is a small sign above the mailbox. Turn right onto the driveway and go 1/4 mile to the house.