Stirling House Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Your bayside choice
Greenport Village's premiere North Fork Bed and Breakfast fronts Greenport Harbor and Shelter Island and is located in the heart of Greenport Village's historic district. This premium B&B blends old world charm with new world state of the art Hamptons luxury. Whether you are visiting Long Island Wine Country or simply escaping New York City for a getaway, the Stirling House is the perfect choice. Europeans choose Greenport and the Stirling House to decompress on holiday...et nous parlons francais aussi. No car? No worries! We have the Long Island Railroad and our New York City "Hampton Jitney" express luxury bus terminals right in Greenport and just a short walk from the house. The Stirling House is the perfect alternative to a large hotel or a b&b in the Hamptons.
Once you see the harbor from the wraparound front porch and our guest rooms (each with ensuite private bath) and once you relax in the available whirlpool tub or unwind with the New York Times in front of the fireplace, you'll think of The Stirling House first for Greenport Village and wine country accommodations. We are the longest running, continuously owned Greenport b&b for a reason...you!
Coastal Living Magazine's Top 10 Pick for "Best Places to Stay in Wine Countries of North America"
and Tripadvisor's #1 and highest rated B&B in Greenport/Hamptons
"...With all the eating, drinking and adventure to be had, comfortable lodging is thankfully,
close at hand. In Greenport, get in a 19th-century state of mind at the waterfront Stirling House B & B,
where the sounds of lapping waves and softly flapping sails lull you to sleep". ~ Wine Enthusiast Magazine
Celebrate your visit to Long Island's Wine Country with a premium North Fork wine! The Stirling House is licensed to serve our guests wine on premises. We can customize a wine package to meet your needs. Let us help you discover our world class wineries and vineyards with a day of wine tasting or unwind on our wraparound porch and be mesmerized by the constantly changing water views of Shelter Island. Explore quaint shops, art galleries and museums, all just a few short steps from our resort inn. Dine on fresh, bold contemporary cuisine from any of our award winning area restaurants.
Breakfast is one of the highlights of your stay at The Stirling House B&B. Our full breakfast menu is created by our chef, Clayton, who recently received additional training at The French Culinary Institute in Manhattan. His "Stirling House Dutch Pancake" recipe was recently featured in Project Foodie. Request one for breakfast!
We are pleased to offer all of our guests...
Our new sunroom...more amazing waterviews through this glass room? Read, relax, dine...make it your own.
Serene water views ~ Fireplaces ~ Flatpanel television/DVD's
I-Pod stereo docking stations ~ Fine linens ~ Complimentary wireless internet
Complimentary snacks/beverages ~ Ensuite private baths ~ Plush robes
Bathroom amenities ~ Personally controlled heating/cooling
Greenport's shopping and dining district only a two minute stroll away
Easily reachable from New York City, via the Hampton Jitney or LIRR, The Stirling House embraces its automobile-free, environmentally friendly guests, where your comfort is our only concern.
Open year-round, our attention to detail and pampering of our guests have made our bed and breakfast a Long Island Wine Country favorite! Whether you bring or rent a bicycle and go cycling through our quaint streets or take to the water on one of our exclusive lighthouse cruises, the Stirling House will strive to make your stay an outstanding experience.
The Stirling House is a Green Hotel. We live right by the water and do not take it for granted that we need to be careful with the environment. We joined the New York State Department of Conservation, and are proud to be the ONLY B&B on Long Island or New York City to be awarded a 3 leaf rating, and is one of only two lodgings on Long Island to do so. The other is Gurney's Inn Resort & Spa. We are proud to be in their company, as they too are located right by the water, and appreciate the delicate blanace of what we have on this planet. It is sometimes challenging to be Green in a small luxury business, but we think that Kermit may have gotten it wrong...it actualy IS easy to be Green...in Greenport!
Here are some of the things happening at The Stirling House promoting a greent routine:
- Plastic bags? - We use green bags for kitchen waste
- We use market friendly bags, rather than plastic bags at the Supermarket, and on those times we do use plastic bags, re collect them and return them for re-cycling
- We shop locally as there are great organic and local farms all over the North Fork
- We use a water cooler for guests, instead of wasting all those annoying plastic water bottles
- We recycle proudly, taking paper, plastic, metal, cardboard, glass and yard and kitchen waste to the local landfill/reuse center each week
- We strongly encourage mass transit. Many guests come from Europe and NYC, so the Hampton Jitney (especially) and the LIRR are our friends. Shops, restaurants, museums, bars, ect. are all within a few minutes on foot, and there is no one I know who couldn't stand to walk a bit for their health.
- Speaking of health, we also encourage the sporting life out here. Exploring by kayak, bicycle and on foot are the best ways to see nature, and trails, preserves, parks and bike trails are abundant out here on the North Fork
- We go paperless as much as possible, withbooking and confirmation forms, thank you cards, birthday cards all via e-mail
- We use low water appliances (energy star rated) i.e. dishwasher, washing machine, ect.
- We have a local B&B friend chain for trips to the big box stores, which are over 44 miles round-trip, so we let fellow business owners know when we are headed out to the big stores
- We have individual heating and cooling in each room, so we conserve oil, by not heating empty sections of the house. We also encourage guests to use nature's air conditioning. The breeze off the water is amazing, and really relaxes guests to a resful night's sleep.
- We save the NY Times blue bags to become pooh bags for our friend's dogs. There's a joke in there ;)
- We alert guests of the Green routine, by way of showing them where they may put their recyclable refuse, and also encourage them to re-use towels, rather than waste water. Guests are very green as well, it seems, and appreciate what we are doing.
- As hosts and founders of Vine University, we want the wine making class to be a fun and easy time...so we have started asking guests to place their empty wine bottles in a box on the front porch. The bottles will be "recycled" by Vine U students, as each student will need 30 bottles to make their wine. It saves money, energy and it's green!