Stirling House Bed & Breakfast
Stirling House Pear Recipe 29 Jan 2014, 7:59 am
Recipe - Stirling House Baked Pear
- Preheat the over to 350*
- In a small skillet, and no oil, toast the almonds until golden brown. Get them off the stove and out of the skillet when they are ready, or they will burn.
- Slice the pears in half lengthwise. and with a small melon baller scoop out the seeds in the middle, as well as the bottom of each half where the stem grows
- Slice the back of the pears, eyeballing the front so that they sit flat on a surface. Take that sliced bit and cover the seed hole you created, much like putting a lid on a pot. At this point you may add the optional tsp of hooch to the well in the pear. This will aid in the cooking of the pear. your call
- Wrap the pears in one large non-stick piece of foil and bake at 350* for 30 minutes
- Remove the foil of pears from the heat and place one pear on each serving plate
- Scoop 1 tsp of mascarpone into the "hole"
- Drizzle the honey over the cheese ...a little goes a long way
- Place the toasted almonds artistically on top of the cheese
- Serve them up.
The Shoulder was slung by the chimney with care 21 Dec 2013, 7:07 pm
Clay's Tip of the Week Keith Luce's MAIN Restaurant & Oyster Bar opens right up the block in Greenport Village! 12 Jun 2013, 7:26 am
- Main Restaurant and Oyster Bar boasts an amazing variety of oysters for shellfish lovers. The oysters are only outdone by the delicious choices on the menu. This is a place that is lively with music, and has a covered outdoor terrace.
- There is Nosh, which is a gourmet snack shop. While Stirling House guests won't need it for breakfast, they do have breakfast food available, as well as many great treats for the rest of the day and night.
- There is Prep, which offers street food, with a twist. The flatbread pizzas are amazing
Stirling House Bed & Breakfast
was just awarded the
2013 Award of Excellence.
Main Restaurant & Oyster Bar in the New York Times 23 May 2013, 12:51 pm
Long Island Wine Country and the North Fork welcomes Long Island Winterfest, with Jazz on the Vine.
Long Island Restaurant Week 7 Nov 2012, 9:31 am
Our guests from the U.K. enjoyed Restaurant week last night with a great experience at Noah's. The Restaurant week is a great way to try out a place you have meant to check out.
The people participating in
Restaurant Week have extended the week to TWO weeks...so it runs
November 4th through November 18th, so more people can take
advantage of it.
Guests who book a room at The
Stirling House for two nights during that time will get dinner for
two at one of the great participating East End locations. Call to
book now...very limited availability!
Tripadvisor selects Long Island Wine Country in its Best of the Best list of Wine Regions of the World 18 Oct 2012, 9:58 am
What an honor to be listed alongside Sonoma and Napa, representing the United States in wine areas.
This will bring many new wine lovers to our area, which is on the North Fork of the East End of Long Island. Its the perfect compliment to your NYC trip, by getting the feel of an unspoiled region AND tasting some world class wines along the way! See you soon!
Click here to read the Tripadvisor story!
Yes Dukan! 3 Oct 2012, 7:15 am
Phase one lasted three days for me, where you get your body ready for the othr phases. It is pure protein, eggs, poultry, fish, lean beef, a quart and a half of water, nonfat dairy, including greek yogurt, and oat bran. You also have to exercise a minimum of 20 minutes a day. I have lost 9 lbs as of today.
I am in phase 2...the days alternate from proten only to protein and vegetables. Did I mention it is all you can eat ? So from now on I am supposed to lose 2lbs a week.
I am now a true believer in this diet, which will slap the American pigout gene out of me. I will be eating in moderation...although it will be a challenge, as we live in a fat world, where people drink mega gulps so big they require two hands to hold. If you need 2 hands to hold your soda...your soda is too big.
The Stirling House is not affected by my diet...however anyone on the Dukan Diet will have a great place to stay and know that their dietary restrictions will be met.
And the motivation for doing this, other than the healthy blahlahlahblah motivation?I got tired of playing a cop in the TV jobs I have been landing. A CSI tech on The Good Wife, an FBI agent on Damages...three times! A lieutenant on Prime Suspect, and a Gotham City cop in The Dark Kight Rises.Watch me lose the weight and never work again! LOL