Stirling House Bed & Breakfast
The Stirling House is inducted into Tripadvisor's "Hall of Fame" 29 May 2015, 8:56 am
Stirling House Pear Recipe 29 Jan 2014, 7:59 am
Recipe - Stirling House Baked Pear
- Preheat the over to 350*
- In a small skillet, and no oil, toast the almonds until golden brown. Get them off the stove and out of the skillet when they are ready, or they will burn.
- Slice the pears in half lengthwise. and with a small melon baller scoop out the seeds in the middle, as well as the bottom of each half where the stem grows
- Slice the back of the pears, eyeballing the front so that they sit flat on a surface. Take that sliced bit and cover the seed hole you created, much like putting a lid on a pot. At this point you may add the optional tsp of hooch to the well in the pear. This will aid in the cooking of the pear. your call
- Wrap the pears in one large non-stick piece of foil and bake at 350* for 30 minutes
- Remove the foil of pears from the heat and place one pear on each serving plate
- Scoop 1 tsp of mascarpone into the "hole"
- Drizzle the honey over the cheese ...a little goes a long way
- Place the toasted almonds artistically on top of the cheese
- Serve them up.
The Shoulder was slung by the chimney with care 21 Dec 2013, 7:07 pm
Clay's Tip of the Week Keith Luce's MAIN Restaurant & Oyster Bar opens right up the block in Greenport Village! 12 Jun 2013, 7:26 am
- Main Restaurant and Oyster Bar boasts an amazing variety of oysters for shellfish lovers. The oysters are only outdone by the delicious choices on the menu. This is a place that is lively with music, and has a covered outdoor terrace.
- There is Nosh, which is a gourmet snack shop. While Stirling House guests won't need it for breakfast, they do have breakfast food available, as well as many great treats for the rest of the day and night.
- There is Prep, which offers street food, with a twist. The flatbread pizzas are amazing
Stirling House Bed & Breakfast
was just awarded the
2013 Award of Excellence.
Main Restaurant & Oyster Bar in the New York Times 23 May 2013, 12:51 pm
Long Island Wine Country and the North Fork welcomes Long Island Winterfest, with Jazz on the Vine.
Long Island Restaurant Week 7 Nov 2012, 9:31 am
Our guests from the U.K. enjoyed Restaurant week last night with a great experience at Noah's. The Restaurant week is a great way to try out a place you have meant to check out.
The people participating in
Restaurant Week have extended the week to TWO weeks...so it runs
November 4th through November 18th, so more people can take
advantage of it.
Guests who book a room at The
Stirling House for two nights during that time will get dinner for
two at one of the great participating East End locations. Call to
book now...very limited availability!
Tripadvisor selects Long Island Wine Country in its Best of the Best list of Wine Regions of the World 18 Oct 2012, 9:58 am
What an honor to be listed alongside Sonoma and Napa, representing the United States in wine areas.
This will bring many new wine lovers to our area, which is on the North Fork of the East End of Long Island. Its the perfect compliment to your NYC trip, by getting the feel of an unspoiled region AND tasting some world class wines along the way! See you soon!
Click here to read the Tripadvisor story!